The Best Deals

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 02:10 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
PajamaMomma has posted more than 25 good deals
The Best Deals

I've only been living in Nevada with my family for a little over a year now. I really have a hard time finding out who has the best deals here as far as grocery shopping. I find myself going to like 3 or 4 different stores most of the time. I cut coupons all of the time, but I'm not finding myself saving a lot of money. So I'm just looking for some good tips and pointers on how to save money here in Las Vegas.
The Following User Says Thank You to PajamaMomma For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 PM

RE: The Best Deals

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have been here about a year. After moving from Idaho and the incredible Albertson's deals I feel your pain. I watch the ads and I price match at the dreaded Walmart a lot. This way I don't have to go to all the other stores. When there are really good Cat deals at the other stores I go there, Vons or Smiths. The one problem I have is I won't buy meat at Walmart, because there is frequently additives in it. So I then watch for good sales at the other stores and stock up and freeze a bunch with each good sale. If anyone else has some good advice I would love it also.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:36 PM

2sleepy has posted more than 25 good deals
I'm not sure if you are in Northern Nevada or Southern Nevada, but in Reno there is no really good single store to shop in. Since Save-Mart took over Albertsons I don't go there at all any more..I watch the ads and make a list and generally go to Smiths, Safeway, Scolari's and Winco. I generally stock up on all my personal and household items at Walgreens and CVS when they are on special.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:19 AM

samanthaj has posted more than 1 good deal
Hi! I live here in Vegas too but still new to couponing.CVS store normally have sales every week and on top of that it gave you ECB/extra care bucks when you shop in there store.Just make sure you sign up for the ECB.Same thing with walgreens but I don't go their anymore because I keep having problem with the manufacturer coupon.Let say the splenda is on sale for $2.99 and I have $3-manufacture coupon,they won't take it because it's more than the value of the item before the tax.Even I bring their store policy, I'll just end up having a bad day b'coz I felt like the supervisors doesn't know much about their policy and I felt like people get mad at me because I'm holding the line.So...I figure out that the best thing to do is to go in other store and do PRICE MATCH.Our walmart does as long as you'll show them adds of other store as a proof that an item is that price on that date.

Vons cost higher than albertsons and Kmart isn't that good either when it comes to prices. Hope this helps you a bit...Enjoy couponing...