No More Overage (Says The Manager)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Searching For Good Deals
I Run Mel-Boring

My Mood/Status:
TheeBargainQueen has posted more than 25 good deals
Help Sign No More Overage (Says The Manager)

I had two $1.00 off coupons of any Carefree product and one $1.00 off of any U-Kotex product.

I purchased two Carefree pantyliners (.94 cents each) and one U-Kotex pantyliner ($1.24). The cashier said she wouldn't accept the Carefree coupons because it doesn't make sense to give me a dollar off when the product is only .94 cents.
She calls the manager and the manager informs me that they are no longer accepting coupons that have a higher value off than the product being purchase.
I informed her of the WalMart coupon policy. She said another manager had a meeting with them holding up coupons saying they can no longer do this.
But the manager said she would do this, this one time for me.

I am thinking of reporting them but who would I report this too?
And has anyone heard of WalMart no longer doing overage?

I bought two Carefree pantyliners and a pack of U-Kotex pantyliners. Grand total was .44 cents.

Last edited by TheeBargainQueen; 03-17-2012 at 09:47 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheeBargainQueen For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:18 PM

RE: No More Overage (Says The Manager)

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Lindsey16 has posted more than 100 good deals!Lindsey16 has posted more than 100 good deals!
You have to call their corporate and talk to them, even if the policy is changing until its posted they should be honoring the old one
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lindsey16 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 01:07 PM

uurrr!!!!!!!!!
Jessndona

My Mood/Status:
Jessndona has posted more than 100 good deals!Jessndona has posted more than 100 good deals!
I had the same prob. with the Glade plugin warmer. It was on sale for like 1.32 and my q was for 1.50 off. They zero'd them out and didn't give me the overage for the rest of my items...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jessndona For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 01:16 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
this news report may have to do something with that "new" policy,

$25K lost in Walmart coupon scam in Hanford | abc30.com

there are members who shop @ said WM,

Sad story about my walmart

IF all stores get a memo from HQ about this, we may all be affected and they may just quit giving overage/cash back. Those who still enjoy overages/cash back, enjoy it while you can...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 02:28 PM

Searching For Good Deals
I Run Mel-Boring

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessndona View Post
I had the same prob. with the Glade plugin warmer. It was on sale for like 1.32 and my q was for 1.50 off. They zero'd them out and didn't give me the overage for the rest of my items...
At least they allowed you to use the coupon. My WalMart flat out wasn't going to let me use my coupons.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:38 PM

Searching For Good Deals
I Run Mel-Boring

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
this news report may have to do something with that "new" policy,

$25K lost in Walmart coupon scam in Hanford | abc30.com

there are members who shop @ said WM,

Sad story about my walmart

IF all stores get a memo from HQ about this, we may all be affected and they may just quit giving overage/cash back. Those who still enjoy overages/cash back, enjoy it while you can...
*Sigh*
That was an inside job. I could understand if a customer did this but WalMart employees were in on that scam. Even the managers had their hand in the pot.

If they are going to change the policy or have already done so, then corporate needs to post the new policy on their website and inform all their stores.

Last edited by TheeBargainQueen; 03-18-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheeBargainQueen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 02:46 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBargainQueen View Post
*Sigh*
That was an inside job. I could understand if a customer did this but WalMart employees were in on that scam. Even the managers had their hand in the pot.

If they are going to change the policy or have already done so, then the corporate needs to post the new policy on their website and inform all their stores.
no doubt it's an inside job, heads will probably roll @ that WM so they will be in hiring mode

in your case, we're not sure whether your store got the memo, but can you imagine if they did and have proof to show next time? that'll be any couponer's nightmare if they shut down overages, I don't mind not getting cash back but the overages were a blessing.

I dread to see signs posted anytime soon saying "We no longer give overages/cash back on coupons as of xxxx date"
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 03:52 PM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
They don't punish all their cashiers why do they punish all their customers?!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 03:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
Springfieldmomof3 has posted more than 1 good deal
Well on another site I will not name there were people who were not Walmart employees and they were bragging about "buying" hundreds of coupons which would give them hundreds back in cash.....so do you blame Walmart for stopping this policy. No one should have been allowed to receive cash back anyway. It would have been great to continue to get overage to shop with...but there are always those that are greedy and ruin it for everyone .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Springfieldmomof3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 04:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
cherriblossom has posted more than 200 great deals!cherriblossom has posted more than 200 great deals!cherriblossom has posted more than 200 great deals!
My hubby works at wm and they haven't been told anything about no more overage. I wouldn't call "corporate" though it's just a call center and they are going to route you to the store manager. If you go to customer service there should be a large sign up that has the store managers phone number as well as the district manager. I'd call one of them directly to find out what's really going on.
The Following User Says Thank You to cherriblossom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 04:07 PM

Searching For Good Deals
I Run Mel-Boring

My Mood/Status:
I agree with everyones post.

In my case I wasn't asking for overages/cash back. To be honest I would rather have them lower the price of the coupon to the price of the product. My WalMart wasn't going to let me use my coupons period.

Goodness! I use to love WalMart (y'all hear me LOVE WALMART) but WalMart has took a turn for the worse and the cashiers down here are the rudest I have ever encounter.

I did not know folks were/are making hundreds of dollars off of overage.

What is the number to corporate office? I want to talk to someone about the coupon policy.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponkim101 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBargainQueen View Post
I agree with everyones post.

In my case I wasn't asking for overages/cash back. To be honest I would rather have them lower the price of the coupon to the price of the product. My WalMart wasn't going to let me use my coupons period.

Goodness! I use to love WalMart (y'all hear me LOVE WALMART) but WalMart has took a turn for the worse and the cashiers down here are the rudest I have ever encounter.

I did not know folks were/are making hundreds of dollars off of overage.

What is the number to corporate office? I want to talk to someone about the coupon policy.
1-800-Walmart
The Following User Says Thank You to couponkim101 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 05:44 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Doesn't Walmart get the money back for the coupon, plus 8cents for processing....so why not give the customer overage? I understand not wanting to accept fake coupons, but to avoid that would be to put more and/or all of them in the Sunday papers instead of customers printing them. By printing them it cost the customer, not the advertiser to put them in the Sunday papers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazy8kids For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 06:41 PM

Lindsey16 has posted more than 100 good deals!Lindsey16 has posted more than 100 good deals!
A lot of big chain stores use a processing site so that 8 cents actually doesn't go to the store it is used for them to pay the company sorting by hand. But they are getting full value of the coupon so it's silly for them to refuse a coupon
The Following User Says Thank You to Lindsey16 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 06:51 PM

Searching For Good Deals
I Run Mel-Boring

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey16 View Post
A lot of big chain stores use a processing site so that 8 cents actually doesn't go to the store it is used for them to pay the company sorting by hand. But they are getting full value of the coupon so it's silly for them to refuse a coupon
Well this is interesting.

Last edited by TheeBargainQueen; 03-19-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:13 PM

adesmawmaw has posted more than 1 good deal
call walmart corp. at 1-800-925-6278 grip them out!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to adesmawmaw For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 PM

HoarderMom has posted more than 150 good deals!HoarderMom has posted more than 150 good deals!
my WM does the same & now refuses to give full value on a BOGOF coupon. They will give half the value and have registers already programmed to do that. I completely quit going to WM because of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoarderMom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 11:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoarderMom
my WM does the same & now refuses to give full value on a BOGOF coupon. They will give half the value and have registers already programmed to do that. I completely quit going to WM because of this.
Umm I know this is frowned on saying but isn't what your WM doing with BOGO coupons fraud? I could be wrong but if there getting full value back but you only get 50% that sounds like fraud to me. But I'm still new so I could be wrong (please don't flame me I'm just trying to learn)
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdogmom187 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 02:05 PM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Half off of each (which would be fine) or full price on one, half on the other? If the latter how is this a good or even legal practice?
The Following User Says Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 09:14 AM

Deneise

My Mood/Status:
deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoarderMom View Post
Please explain what you mean by this. Are they only giving 50% of the value of 1 item, instead of the full value of 1 item when you are buying 2? If that is the case, you need to contact the District Manager or corporate immediately. However, if they are marking both items down by 50%, while that would be a strange way to do it, it would also be ok.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:02 AM

HoarderMom has posted more than 150 good deals!HoarderMom has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneisetorres View Post
Please explain what you mean by this. Are they only giving 50% of the value of 1 item, instead of the full value of 1 item when you are buying 2? If that is the case, you need to contact the District Manager or corporate immediately. However, if they are marking both items down by 50%, while that would be a strange way to do it, it would also be ok.
Examples:
Schick Hydro $5.97, q is $4 off, register only rings $2.99 for half value of item
Olay BOGOF $3.99 PM cleanser $5 body wash, register gave $4.50 for half value of both qualifying items.
Swiffer BOGOF duster $4.97, refills $7, register gave $3.97 ??

I argued it with a CSM she agreed with me but said they will no longer give more than 50% off item even if q says different. I left with coupons in hand and haven't been back.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoarderMom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 12:38 PM

Deneise

My Mood/Status:
deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoarderMom View Post
Examples:
Schick Hydro $5.97, q is $4 off, register only rings $2.99 for half value of item
Olay BOGOF $3.99 PM cleanser $5 body wash, register gave $4.50 for half value of both qualifying items.

I argued it with a CSM she agreed with me but said they will no longer give more than 50% off item even if q says different. I left with coupons in hand and haven't been back.
Definitely need to call corporate
Old 03-26-2012, 02:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:

Examples:

Yah that is coupon fraud ( the store NOT you) and yes I know using that term hear is normally asking for trouble, but in this case I think it is blatant coupon fraud since we all know the store is reimbursed the full amount of the coupon, but only giving the customer up to half off the product price.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdogmom187 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 03:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
sammiekay101 has posted more than 100 good deals!sammiekay101 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I have never been able to get overage other than covering the price of buying the coupons for 8 to 30 cants, and then it is very slim to never that that happens. i can only usually cut my bills in half. But i use every one as it says too, and i notice a lot of people not doing it so honestly. I just got where I could afford to feed my family for more than a week at a time aand no more living on bolonga sandwiches and freaking soup beans. but i did notice Saturday the manager came over to "ok' my coupons cause of more than 40, and she said she was making sure i had a balance to pay that was at least 1/3 of my bill beforehand. I had dismissed it untill now.....
The Following User Says Thank You to sammiekay101 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 07:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
Re_at_RLM has posted more than 25 good deals
with the new coupon bar coding system most manufacturers are going to I would think the use of fraud coupons will be impossible in the near future. Stores will have to program thier registers for these new bar codes. In the mean time I am wondering how to avoid fake coupons. I don't want to print out any fake ones. Any ideas as tohow to avoid fake coupons?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Re_at_RLM For This Useful Post: