What Went Wrong?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 12:50 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
lisaeb has posted more than 300 great deals!lisaeb has posted more than 300 great deals!lisaeb has posted more than 300 great deals!lisaeb has posted more than 300 great deals!
Question What went wrong?

I just came home from walgreens and it was not a fun trip. This was my second trip this week and both were troubled.

I went a few days ago and purchased six maalox ($5.24 for five of them and $4.49 for the sixth)

I gave the cashier six of the 5/1 q's and all six beeped. No matter what she did they beeped. First she tried to tell me they were the wrong product. She then pushed them thru. I paid 69 cents oop and get the 10 rr

I figured it was a fluke so I stopped by again this afternoon
I purchased:
4 mac n cheese with a raincheck 1,67 each
6 maalox - five were 5.24, one was 6.79
2 packs of nuts - 4.49 each
1 loaf of bread - 2.00

I had six maalox coupons (5/1), 4 mac n cheese coupons (1/1) & two nut coupons (1/1) along with two ivc coupons (nuts - .50 cents off each and mac n cheese $1/2)

EVERY coupon beeped. The maalox beeped, the nuts beeped and the mac n cheese beeped. The cashier told me it was beeping because I couldn't use a coupon on a raincheck item because it was already on sale!!!! I told her that doesn't make sense and please call a manager.

The assistant manager came over and told me the same thing. No coupons with raincheck items, they are already on sale!!!! I told him all the coupons beeped for no reason.

So I asked if that was walgreens policy and didn't get an answer. I then told him to take the four mac n cheese off the order and I would call walgreens to find out why I can't use my coupons on raincheck items. After I said that, the assistant manager said nothing but he pushed my coupons thru.

I ten paid with a rr , which also beeped but he pushed thru. I rec'd my rr from the maalox and left.

I never had every single coupon beep before. I had 13 items, 12 coupons and a rr. All coupons were good, none were over the price of the item but every one beeped.

I hope this isn't the stores way of discouraging coupons
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lisaeb For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-27-2011, 01:08 PM

RE: What went wrong?

My Mood/Status:
coastiemom has posted more than 400 great deals!coastiemom has posted more than 400 great deals!coastiemom has posted more than 400 great deals!coastiemom has posted more than 400 great deals!coastiemom has posted more than 400 great deals!
The only timed they have peeped for me was when they scanned the walgreens coupons first
Old 01-27-2011, 01:53 PM

happymommy1114 has posted more than 10 good deals
I have been having A LOT of problems as well. My store said that they have gotten new scanners and that they have been nothing but trouble. The cashier at my store said that EVERYTHING has beeped since they installed them and that they are even ringing at the wrong prices. I know this is no help to you, but you are not alone. We are having trouble here too.
The Following User Says Thank You to happymommy1114 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2011, 02:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My local store will have bad days. I'm not sure what the issue is, but most of the folks there have been really nice about it. They will tell me straight up, "Everything is beeping today," and they will push my coupons through. Most of the cashiers have seen my coupons from other shoppers before I get there, and they don't pretend that they have never seen the $5 Maalox coupon that has been out for two weeks while they have a deal on Maalox, nor do they pretend that they haven't done the deal themselves that week. Now I feel all warm and fuzzy about my Wags and I want to go shopping!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:02 PM

flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!
All of my coupons beeped and cashier also said this has happened on all the coupons since their scanners were changed. My RRs beeped too. they pushed all my coupons but it still didn't accept all of my RR. I have been shopping at WAGS for 3 years so it's not like I don't know how to use them. hope they fix it soon.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:04 PM

Lift while you climb
Aldi Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaeb View Post
I never had every single coupon beep before. I had 13 items, 12 coupons and a rr. All coupons were good, none were over the price of the item but every one beeped.

I hope this isn't the stores way of discouraging coupons
Since all of them beeped, it may be the way they're holding them. I know at some stores that have newer scanners (not wags, they still have the older machines here), the scanner will often try to read the larger barcode and of course it beeps. The cashier has to physically cover the large barcode with a thumb so that it picks up the smaller one it's supposed to.

Next time, ask them to try that and hopefully they'll go through. Unless their machines are completely off, you shouldn't be having problems with that many different coupons. They might grumble at you for trying to tell them how to do their job.

DELTA region for Kroger stores
Old 01-27-2011, 02:16 PM

@.@
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
OP, did you happen to have one of those flexible black scanners (SYMBOL)? I noticed problems with those when scanning coupons. Either they beep endlessly for all coupons OR it seems like it is taking them off but NOT!

I noticed this with the Sinex coupons when I gave 4, it took all 4 but when my totals was $4 higher than what I was expecting, I asked cashier to check if all my coupons have been deducted. Sure enough, it missed one of the $4 MQs I know it is not cashier's fault, others in different boards have also had the same experience with the new black scanners. I just have to know my total OOP beforehand to avoid overpaying and request cashier to count the coupons that have gone through if my total is way off.

It is best to check receipts before leaving the store because it will be difficult to prove you gave one coupon for each item when you have already gone home. If you catch it with the coupons still in the drawer, it will easy for them to check and give the discount accordingly.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:18 PM

Is there such thing as too much toilet paper?
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!RoxykinsIII has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sounds like a computer error, nothing you did wrong...........
Old 01-27-2011, 03:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My Maalox coupons beeped today as well. She hand keyed them in and they went through just fine. Who knows.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
mlwiles has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mlwiles has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mlwiles has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mlwiles has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mlwiles has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mlwiles has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mlwiles has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mlwiles has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
It's the new scanners. Maalox q's worked fine at a store with the old scanners, would not scan at a store with the new ones. Don't be discouraged and don't let them tell you differently. Ask them to key in the number on the coupon, it will go through just fine.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:39 AM

Shannon

My Mood/Status:
shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!shandigity380 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymommy1114 View Post
I have been having A LOT of problems as well. My store said that they have gotten new scanners and that they have been nothing but trouble. The cashier at my store said that EVERYTHING has beeped since they installed them and that they are even ringing at the wrong prices. I know this is no help to you, but you are not alone. We are having trouble here too.

When I used the maalox q's the cashier said that the scanner wasnt reading all the numbers, so she keyed it in and all went well. She had to do that with the RR's as well. Both stores that I have been going to have been having major problems with the scanners. Made me feel better when it wasn't me.

Shannon