Talk Spot: Tell Us About Your Shopping Trip!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 03:20 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Survey Talk Spot: Tell Us About Your Shopping Trip!

Just wondering how your trips were today, yesterday, or even last week.

I had an interesting day at the commissary. I was in the store and it seemed like every time I stopped to check my list, file a coupon, or check a product someone was right under me needing to go the exact place I was. "Excuse me ma'am" were the requests. A couple of times people were dropping products around me too which was odd and I thought I better get out of here before that wears off on me and I'm the one doing it.

On one aisle a 70-year woman wanted a box of cereal that was high on the shelf (she was short) so she asked me to get it. Not a problem. Then we ended up talking for about 10 minutes on experiences of deployments, etc. It was nice. It is helpful to hear others experiences.

I also forgot to pull some milk q's for my transaction so that was saving lost, which was a bummer! All in all it was a good visit, even when I asked the manager at customer service for the current coupon policy, but she could only direct me to DECA for more info. Not sure if she knew herself other than pointing at some lists on the wall. She couldn't give me a current date. (I talked to someone from the commissary card services that said that the commissary uses the current policy listed on their site and just puts amendments in them to update, so he said the current policy from the DECA is the most current one out there.)

Would love to hear your experiences!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Love Couponing and Helping Others? Join the Team of Forum Leaders Today!...Click Link Below...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sav4dzn; 03-28-2014 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added and changed text
The Following User Says Thank You to sav4dzn For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 06:54 PM

RE: Talk Spot: Tell Us About Your Shopping Trip!

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Interesting trip again today...My DH and a couple of my kids went shopping at the exchange then we went to the commissary. It was supposed to be a quick trip as I thought but when I found the new Kraft q $2.50/3 I checked every item I could to find the item to use it with. Ok, it took about 2 hours. Yes, I claim to do quick trips, but nope! There is so much to sort through. Most shoppers could probably breeze the aisles three or four times before I get out of there. Couponing takes time and total concentration if you want to find deals, right? I have also found that if you aren't rushed you find q's along the way from a coupon fairy or coupon litter, you take the pick. I did pick up mini pancakes for .09 with a friendly coupon from the coupon fairy. Thank you who ever you are! I finally got finished shopping, a few pick items I didn't anticipate to buy, thx DH. Not a problem, though because they were on the discount aisle and then off to the cashier.

I looked for the right cashier, but didn't really like my choices. I noticed a cashier and she motioned me over into her closed line. She took my q's and started questioning me on how I needed to buy a certain amt and I explained every quickly the items that went to what. At one point she tried to give me back q's that I needed to use. I had to instruct her that they were needed and she conceded. At the end of the transaction I noticed that some of the q's didn't show up on the computer screen, she then had to put them in again. I got out of there spending about $37 and saving over $47 which made for a good shopping trip.

Would love to here some others experiences...good, bad, the ugly! (OK, in respect to others of course!) Take care today and happy shopping!

Love Couponing and Helping Others? Join the Team of Forum Leaders Today!...Click Link Below...

Old 03-28-2014, 06:21 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Hoping to hear from others on their trips and not only mine, believe me your trip are interesting to hear about...

Finally got over to the commissary today. Started out in foggy mood today, but muttled through until I was really looking for good deals. (This is hard sometimes at the end of the month, plus others things on my mind.) Found a few good deals and picked up some more coupons from the table out front. Great one out for Red Barron Pizza .55/1. The only q on the flyer, but a list of other deals to boot anyway.

Had a hard time getting the Dole Squish em's, ok everybody has to climb on the bottom shelve to get them at the back of the top shelf. Had to have my DH grab them. Too high for me. I continued shopping and giving my little one kept calling me and giving me hugs and kisses. Lots of food samples to be found today, too. Not a fan of "BRATS" not the spoiled children types, but Bratwurst. Sorry, but yuck! My DH likes them. No sushi samples, though. Bummer, that is highlight on some trips, just to hear the Sushi guy yell, "Sushi Sample" in the Asian Accent. He's awesome.

Finally got finished shopping, DH gave a sigh of relief, I'm sure he would rather be watching a March Madness game. Went through the line to check out and was directed to go to #10, ok maybe it was #11, my memory is going. She asked me if I had coupons, of course the answer was yes, I handed her the coupons and she let out a gasp of air of shock. (It wasn't as bad as it sounds in coupons, I thought) She then went through every one and picked out the ones she thought we couldn't use. She did find the ones for Dole that restricted using more than 4 in a shopping trip. They are now getting very strict on this rule which is fine, I would rather follow the rules and still be able to use the coupons. I didn't see that one...no problem.

She got to the Legg's coupons and wasn't sure if they were the right item, but determined that it was a legit transaction. We finally got out of there and on our way.

I hope you are having adventures also in your trips...please share if you would like, so you don't have to always read my boring stories.

Last edited by sav4dzn; 03-28-2014 at 06:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sav4dzn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2014, 10:02 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Another trip yesterday. It was pretty routine, glad to check out w/one of the great cashiers. She mentioned that she had learned more about couponing and even had a trip she saved $90 on. It was pretty busy for a Saturday afternoon, but I'm not surprised.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:00 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Ok, typical trip again yesterday. It started out a little crazy. I had tons of kids at the start of my trip, so it was quite noisy. I think in couponing you get in a zone and kids can be a challenge. Maybe thus is a challenge only for me.

My DH rescued me from the chaos and excitement of the kids. I was able to have a more calm trip plus the commissary was quiet I think because of the family activity the same day. I think the adults were probably so tired after the day of fun in the sun.

Still hoping that others will talk about your trips. Would still love to hear your calm, crazy, even uneventful trips...take care all, today!

Old 04-23-2014, 09:45 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
My visit today was awesome. I went early which was nice, not too crowded or crazy. I was able to find a few items, too. As I was going to check out one of the cashiers told me to go to her lane and ushered me there, it was a bit slow. She made sure she rang up every coupon and even mentioned that I should carefully watch the screen to make sure everything was being taken off. At the conclusion I told her that I loved this commissary I shopped at and knew they ran their business so effectively. I asked who was in charge and they pointed out the manager which I already knew because she helped me a few times. I didn't know she was the main person, though. The cashier walked me over to the managers booth and motioned for the manager. I then thanked her for running the store so well. She then mentioned that they always make sure there is enough cashiers and that the most important thing was to get the customers out on time which they do. The baggers are great there too and not pushy. Really of any commissaries I have shopped at, this is the one that delivers customer service.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm jelly. What a cool commy.
My day went good yesterday.
Although still out of Brawny.No problems got my great cashier Dave.Small run but I saved over 50%.
The Following User Says Thank You to lyn96 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 12:16 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
A little gripe on service today...Went to our sidewalk sale today, kind of a bust. I didn't see anything interesting to purchase. While shopping one of the female vendors must have been a bit bored because when I stopped to check out an item, she proceeded to kind of stalk me. I knew she was following me because it was so obvious, but I ignored it. I pulled out a couple of q's I had while counting them (4 total), then proceeded to put 4 of the items in the cart. She then automatically said that have a q on them in the computer (yes, auto-linked, not a problem), so I told her that was fine. She then kept hovering around me, mind you no one else was shopping there and my cart only had some bottled water in it plus q-gear at the time at all so the aisle was wide open for all to see. Finally I turned around and said, "Can I help you?" of course she said no. I looked a little more and left promptly after knowing that the deals were "eh". It was quite strange to say the least. Some people just need to know how to give customer service, I guess. Hope all are having better experiences than I did.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sorry about the weirdness during the case lot sale.
While checking out with my fav Dave they are reading the Q's even more closely if that is even possible. Not a problem, he brought up that they have ALOT of Q's from NatureMade that got sent back the higher priced ones 3,5 and 7 dollar ones that caused so many issues during the holidays last year.Question. Do they really mail bad Q's back to the store.
Good thing I bought my Vits at Walgreens that day.(bogo sale)I had an up to $3.00 and 7.00 Q I got from them.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:06 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
That's interesting. I'm glad I didn't get involved in that one from Walgreens, that was a mess. It is crazy because the coupons sometime have weird wording. How much did they loose with that coupon? I think if it isn't on a legit item they don't get paid. Many patrons don't set out by trying to use them the wrong way, but it happens. The Kando wipes was a pure example of this, that went viral.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav4dzn View Post
That's interesting. I'm glad I didn't get involved in that one from Walgreens, that was a mess. It is crazy because the coupons sometime have weird wording. How much did they loose with that coupon? I think if it isn't on a legit item they don't get paid. Many patrons don't set out by trying to use them the wrong way, but it happens. The Kando wipes was a pure example of this, that went viral.
He didn't tell me how much they lost. I didn't use them.I would have used them in the beginning since they were supposed to be Manufacturer Coupons correct?But when the fuss started and it came out that the stores weren't going to get reimbursed I would have stopped. Walgreens is always out of those books.They didn't have any yesterday and I was buying Vits there, I had 4 in my cart.
I don't remember the Kando wipes what happened then? I remember the Herbal Essence from last summer.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:15 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
The Kandoo wipes had a $2/1 pdf that came out around this time last year. The wipes were running as a MM, so of course everyone was using them thinking they were fine to use, no wording saying not on wipes. Come to find out they weren't supposed to be used on wipes, but the other products, so they had to back track and tell everyone not to use them (lots of blogs were talking about this deal, too.) It was a crazy mess...Shelves were being cleared, too.

What happened in the Herbal Essence deal gone bad? I didn't hear about that one.

That is annoying when you need vitamins and all the q's are gone. You almost have to check back several times to see when the booklets come out before they are cleared.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
The Kandoo wipes had a $2/1 pdf that came out around this time last year. The wipes were running as a MM, so of course everyone was using them thinking they were fine to use, no wording saying not on wipes. Come to find out they weren't supposed to be used on wipes, but the other products, so they had to back track and tell everyone not to use them (lots of blogs were talking about this deal, too.) It was a crazy mess...Shelves were being cleared, too.

What happened in the Herbal Essence deal gone bad? I didn't hear about that one.

That is annoying when you need vitamins and all the q's are gone. You almost have to check back several times to see when the booklets come out before they are cleared.

That Kandoo mess was before I got huge into this world. I only started printing coupons in July
The Herbal Essence was about The Clairol MQ that was put out last summer $5.00 off of 2 Clairol products. So it worked out people myself included were getting free product.Clairol tried to back track and say that it was meant to be for hair dye but that they would honor the coupon anyway so the stores would not get hit.It just seemed like an odd situation a lot goes into wording coupons so it should not have surprised them.I don't remember the whole deal.Just that it became a very hot topic about ethics, morals,cheating the system. Funny thing is they got A LOT of free publicity right before they launched the Body Wash. I even used a few coupons on the Body Wash. Didn't make for free body wash just cheaper. See with H.E Clairol's name is on the bottles. But some people were trying to use it on items under the Clairol umbrella but didn't have "Clairol"on the bottle.The whole situation made for some interesting and heated debate.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:59 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Yes, now that you mention it, I do remember that. I didn't get into that one. I did get some free samples of the body wash in the mail around that time. Smells nice.

For me personally I don't care to get a deal unless it is done ethically and honestly. I appreciate when someone points out mistakes because I'm more aware the next time to spot the problem. I don't know how others can live w/getting something that has slid under the radar just to get a MM or deal. JMO.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Yes, now that you mention it, I do remember that. I didn't get into that one. I did get some free samples of the body wash in the mail around that time. Smells nice.

For me personally I don't care to get a deal unless it is done ethically and honestly. I appreciate when someone points out mistakes because I'm more aware the next time to spot the problem. I don't know how others can live w/getting something that has slid under the radar just to get a MM or deal. JMO.
I know what you mean. Some were using that MQ on things that were made by a company that was owned by a company that was owned by Clairol It really got bad. I personally did not have a problem using it on Herbal Essence since Clairol's name was clearly on the label above Herbal Essence. Plus Clairol first said it was OK but after a few days when it went viral things got Odd.
It's not worth it for me to misuse a coupon.I don't want to risk the clerks job for a few cents.I don't want that kind of Karma.I really don't want to be known as that kind of "couponer" I also don't clear shelves.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:37 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Funny you say that about clearing the shelves because I was buying an item today and another couponer came by and asked me if she was missing a q. I said no, because they didn't have any, but I had some from a previous visit at the other commissary. Couponers do notice each other and their finds.

Years ago I would walk by the shelves and notice that they were empty and not know why, but now I do. Obviously it was a deal that was picked up by a couponer. I also saw this past week the shelves cleared for a specialty corn bread mix in a box that was wiped out. I knew that a coupon in SS had just come out, but my thought was even with the coupon that's a lot. Too Funny, wasn't upset I didn't get it too.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
We have been out of Brawny since the 1/1 Q came out.Either they haven't restocked or someone comes in before 10 am and wipes them out.

Opps I meant2/2

Last edited by lyn96; 05-02-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
hidesert5 has posted more than 10 good deals
Drive Digital Q turns out to be a MFR Q, hmmm

"Extreme Couponing" has taught me a lot about being aware that stores have Q policies. I loaded up a lot of digital Q's to the store card and made a special trip to visit them today for a few items. Would have been easier to visit the larger grocery store around the corner, but I decided to drive a little further because of the digital Q's plus I had paper MFR Q's matched up with a some of the items plus they were on sale too--perfect. Wow, so checkout always goes soooo quickly and how can anyone keep an eye on the monitor while you're still loading stuff onto the conveyer belt? So, I thanked the cashier and took my groceries home and scoured the receipt and found that two of the digital Q's did not get credited. I looked at my list of the digital Q's for the store and noticed that the two that didn't get accepted were notated by the store as being 'MFR Q's', one time use only--so, the store is basically calling some of their digital Q's, 'MFR Q's' and not allowing customers to combine a paper Q with these digital MFR Q's. hmmm. I bet I could have saved time and money by just going around the corner to their competitor.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:50 PM

LilNurseSteph has posted more than 150 good deals!LilNurseSteph has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidesert5
"Extreme Couponing" has taught me a lot about being aware that stores have Q policies. I loaded up a lot of digital Q's to the store card and made a special trip to visit them today for a few items. Would have been easier to visit the larger grocery store around the corner, but I decided to drive a little further because of the digital Q's plus I had paper MFR Q's matched up with a some of the items plus they were on sale too--perfect. Wow, so checkout always goes soooo quickly and how can anyone keep an eye on the monitor while you're still loading stuff onto the conveyer belt? So, I thanked the cashier and took my groceries home and scoured the receipt and found that two of the digital Q's did not get credited. I looked at my list of the digital Q's for the store and noticed that the two that didn't get accepted were notated by the store as being 'MFR Q's', one time use only--so, the store is basically calling some of their digital Q's, 'MFR Q's' and not allowing customers to combine a paper Q with these digital MFR Q's. hmmm. I bet I could have saved time and money by just going around the corner to their competitor.
Are you referring to the rewards card? If so, the you are not allowed to use the rewards card q and a paper q on the same item. All the rewards card qs are manufacture.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilNurseSteph For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 11:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNurseSteph View Post
Are you referring to the rewards card? If so, the you are not allowed to use the rewards card q and a paper q on the same item. All the rewards card qs are manufacture.
I agree for the exception of Safeway you can stack "just for you" digi Q's with MQ's.This is one reason I don't like digiQ's most of the time IP's are a higher value and I don't want to argue about taking the digiQ off and use my IP.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:00 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Took a trip on Saturday, and found myself on the first aisle where the salad dressing was. I ended up talking to one of the other Commissary patrons in the store. She had quite a story while holding a Ken's $1/1 coupon. (She was trying to buy something with low sodium) Her stories were quite interesting and we must have spent 20 minutes talking like old friends. Everyone has an interesting story.

The rest of trip was good. Check out is usually crazy at this particular commissary, but I lucked out. Hope you are having good trips, too. Please let us know what experiences you are having good, bad, EHHH!, etc.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:24 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Cranky Child Trip...

Just a few finds today between the tears and screams, yes, screams...thinking back maybe it should have been mine, but nope! Amazing to keep my composure with all the stares of "what's wrong with that child" or "take him home". Believe me I just ignored the majority of that noise and stares because my child was just on one today. I guess I even have those days like that too, but why can't I yell, scream, and cause a fit, too. All I can say is "This too shall pass" or sing Trace Adkins song "You're Gonna Miss This". Really, will this be so? Ringing ears.

Highlights of the day were the samples of Gelato by Breyers (I think that's the brand), so many yummy flavors-I recommend this delicious treat plus there was $1/1 q offered until the end of the month from Unilever booklet making them $1.99 (check your stores for same booklet). There was also a sausage sample that was good, too. Had to grab two for the little one. The sushi guy wasn't yelling "Sushi Sample" today, so that was a bust! Oh, well...

After ringing up my purchases the cashier had a big smile on his face when he announced my savings of around $45.00. I was also able to purchase some contact solution that I desperately needed for next time with a $2 q from their site and was pleased when the FB q didn't work because it was only on $1/1, $2/1 IP was a better choice. All I can say is things happen for a reason sometimes.

Ok, this is a ramble today, but you have a little sampling of my day. I hope others are having fun experiences, too. Feel free to share...

Old 06-14-2014, 07:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
Gosh nothing really to report. This sales cycle is just not a good one for us. Nothing really to add to the sales. I'm hoping for a change for this next sales cycle.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:43 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn96 View Post
Gosh nothing really to report. This sales cycle is just not a good one for us. Nothing really to add to the sales. I'm hoping for a change for this next sales cycle.
I definitely agree with you. Hoping to find better deals this week. Took a quick glance at the SS insert this week, nothing exciting at all. Not sure yet on RP.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
Once again this has not been a good shopping cycle if anything things went up a bit or just flat out of stock. I did get some deals on chicken between the Tyson IPs and the foster farms MQs that came out in the commissary mags.I hope things get better this time.