Seymour Johnson Trip 7/28

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 12:01 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Couponing*Blogging*Crafti ng

My Mood/Status:
Deesgirls has posted more than 25 good deals
Seymour Johnson Trip 7/28

As I left the commissary today, I thought "I'm going to post this trip because I found some match-ups that weren't correct on the commissary.com website and also here. (I understand prices are subject to change at all times) Anyway, after sitting down at home and going over my receipt, I am just plain frustrated!

The cashier, who was super nice and understanding, was scanning my coupons way too quickly. She must have been comparing each item to the picture, because she handed quite a few back to me. I looked over what she handed back and there were a couple that she admitted to overlooking as she scanned. She took those back. I didn't have a chance to go over everything in my hand, since having the girls in tow tends to be quite challenging coupons or not. I felt like we were rushed out of there.

*sigh*

So the real point of my post is that I wanted to point out some of the sale items that were not really sale items at this commissary today.
  • Lysol Starter Kit ($3/1 said to make it $1.50) It was actually $7.99
  • Marcal napkins ($1/1) It was actually $1.21 and I had the $1/2q
  • Ziplock zip bags ($1/2 said to make it $.48) I can't remember but I marked it as "No deal"
  • Chex cereal ($1/1 said to ma ke it $.49) It was actually $1.49ea after q
  • Pantene hairspray ($3/2 said to make it $.70) It was actually $1.72ea after q

I also tried to buy the 3-pk of Ivory bar soap for $1.17. The coupon, which I don't have in front of me, does not say bar soap but personal cleaner. I guess I can't use that on the bar soap? But she handed it back and like I said we were rushed through the check-out process.

My final tally: Spent $88.24 (which should have been less) and saved 19% Maybe next time I will do better.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deesgirls For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 05:48 PM

RE: Seymour Johnson Trip 7/28

proud_af_wife has posted more than 5 good deals
SJ's commissary is cracking down on their coupons because there is a wife at this base who teaches coupon classes and tells everyone it's ok to stack coupons at the commy (commy only with manuf). Now please don't get me wrong, I'm not at all saying that you used the wrong coupons.. some of those cashiers aren't trained properly at all. There is one who questions every coupon I give her, to the point where I have to call a manager over and now I just avoid her line. Plus she always has an attitude. I have found in the 3 years we have been here that they don't always have the same sale prices as the other commy's which totally stinks!
The Following User Says Thank You to proud_af_wife For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
I can totally see that the sales don't match up. I wish I lived closer so that I could easily head to the base and make my rounds through the aisles and price check before I shop.

I learned the hard way to make sure I really read my coupons. So I thought I read them very clearly before I even went that day. How is she teaching people the wrong way?!

I wonder which cashier you have gone to. The one I went to was scrutinizing every one, but apparently not thoroughly enough. I KNOW that my coupons were good. I'm a little concerned on the Ivory bar soap one though. I wonder if the soap doesn't fall under the personal cleaner category.

I'm so glad to find that someone else shops there!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:45 PM

proud_af_wife has posted more than 5 good deals
She tells them that it's ok to stack a commissary/DECA only coupon with a manufacter coupon which is against DECA coupon policy. For example you have a $1 off Colgate toothpaste manuf coupon and a $1 off DECA only Colgate toothpaste you would have to decide which one to use at checkout. She teaches that it's ok to use both of them on the same item for a total of $2 off.

We have been here 3.5 years now, so I have seen a lot of cashiers come and go. I don't know what Ivory soap coupon you are speaking of though, sorry!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:07 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud_af_wife View Post
I don't know what Ivory soap coupon you are speaking of though, sorry!
Here is a link to the coupon:
Ivory or Safeguard Cleansing Product exp 8/31/12 PG 7-29 (save $0.30) - Klip2save