99% Savings...

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 05:54 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
99% savings...

Purchased:
$150 in commissary giftcards
12 Nabisco snacks
20 Archway Iced Gingerbread cookies
20 Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Packets
19 Nicorette Gum

OOP: $11.65 and a coupon savings of $328.00

My Taco Bell and Nicorette Qs were highly scrutinized and even got sent to the cash office for authorization. After about 15 mins, I got the authorization to use the Qs. The manager on duty had to assist with the Qs being scanned. Each of the Nicorette Qs needed the manager to type in a code. Checking out took at least 30 mins and I was the last customer to exit the building...!

So with all that said, Happy Couponing to all those using these high value overage Qs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (193.2 KB, 184 views)
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 06:02 PM

RE: 99% savings...

saved 300 already in 2 weeks!!

My Mood/Status:
qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Now thats a way to use the overage! I didnt think of using it to get giftcards!! Smart thinking!! And great job!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qponmom3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2012, 06:14 PM

daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!daygo22 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qponmom3 View Post
Now thats a way to use the overage! I didnt think of using it to get giftcards!! Smart thinking!! And great job!!!
Thanks!!! I don't do big shops at the commi too often, so there was no way I could buy that many items to soak up the overage. Not to mention, I think I'd receive lots of flack from the commi employees if they were to hand over all that cash for the overage...LOL!

I was already getting snide remarks from employees, one saying, "Wow! I hope you need all that, since we're paying YOU to take that out of here." My response, "You get reimbursed from the manufacturers anyway..."
Old 01-14-2012, 06:21 PM

saved 300 already in 2 weeks!!

My Mood/Status:
qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Well we need meat but our freezers are full but getting gift cards would make it so we could get meat still basicly for free. I only have a few of the coupons so hoping I wont have a problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qponmom3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2012, 06:40 PM

MrzGamble has posted more than 10 good deals
Great job! Thanks for the idea also
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrzGamble For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 01:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
tfautt has posted more than 25 good deals
Where did you get the 15.00 coupon for Nicorette Gum ~ Only coupons I am seeing is the Nicorette CQ 14 count or the Nicorette CQ 20 count. It that the same price as the gum?
The Following User Says Thank You to tfautt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 01:36 PM

Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfautt View Post
Where did you get the 15.00 coupon for Nicorette Gum ~ Only coupons I am seeing is the Nicorette CQ 14 count or the Nicorette CQ 20 count. It that the same price as the gum?
They are in the January Coupon Connexion, normally found at the entrance of most commissaries.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Snarg For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 02:17 PM

G_I_janie13 has posted more than 1 good deal
Did you make an order or did your commissary have all that stuff in stock?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G_I_janie13 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 06:12 PM

pandalovescoupons has posted more than 10 good deals
my store is out and they said they have been putting an order out for a month but they never get it in. weird? Also, I doubt my commi would let me use this coupon, I'm afraid to even try it. I get scrutinized for every coupon I use.. it's very embarrassing and they make a scene. When I bought the K-Y... the cashier said to the baggers " I NEED THE KY JELLY" loud enough for everyone to hear. She did this with EVERY coupon. Sorry for the rant haha, but they make me feel like i'm stealing.
The Following User Says Thank You to pandalovescoupons For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 07:13 PM

AF Retired Mom has posted more than 100 good deals!AF Retired Mom has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandalovescoupons View Post
my store is out and they said they have been putting an order out for a month but they never get it in. weird? Also, I doubt my commi would let me use this coupon, I'm afraid to even try it. I get scrutinized for every coupon I use.. it's very embarrassing and they make a scene. When I bought the K-Y... the cashier said to the baggers " I NEED THE KY JELLY" loud enough for everyone to hear. She did this with EVERY coupon. Sorry for the rant haha, but they make me feel like i'm stealing.
Panda .. do you go to Hanscom? The same thing happened to me with the KY, loud voice, everyone looking. I was mortified!!! .."You got KY you got KY jelly" haunts me in my sleep. I went shopping on Friday and got a wonderfully coupon friendly cashier. I will definitely look for her in the future.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:39 PM

pandalovescoupons has posted more than 10 good deals
no, Newport RI.. but i wish i could go to any other commi but my own ! haha. It was def. mortifying to me as well.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_I_janie13 View Post
Did you make an order or did your commissary have all that stuff in stock?
My commissary had it all in stock and more...
I requested a special order for more, so to give others a chance with the gum still in stock.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:24 PM

cheifee has posted more than 1 good deal
Is there anything preventing me from special ordering the nicorette gum, like lets say 1000 boxes of these, going to coupon clippers and buying 1000 of these coupons of 15 off. With an overage of 7.00 ea, them having to give me 7000.00 in gift cards or cash back?
Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I think that there would be a limit for how many the cash register can handle but if you were to break it into a bunch of transactions (on different days) then it might just work. Though if you find that many of this coupon I hope you share your source with me !
Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheifee
Is there anything preventing me from special ordering the nicorette gum, like lets say 1000 boxes of these, going to coupon clippers and buying 1000 of these coupons of 15 off. With an overage of 7.00 ea, them having to give me 7000.00 in gift cards or cash back?
That, I would think would jam the register....
Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 PM

Loves saving $$$

My Mood/Status:
kanilea2004 has posted more than 200 great deals!kanilea2004 has posted more than 200 great deals!kanilea2004 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Wow good job! I never thought of using the overage for giftcards! We stocked up on groceries and I have no space now. Hopefully I get more of these coupons and do what you did.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
11Barmywife has posted more than 150 good deals!11Barmywife has posted more than 150 good deals!
Wow I have ten of these and I had no idea Ty so much! I didn't even know the commissary gave overage. I'm so happy now
Old 01-18-2012, 09:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
11Barmywife has posted more than 150 good deals!11Barmywife has posted more than 150 good deals!
The gum was 8.00 right? Can you tell me which one it was?
Old 01-18-2012, 09:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
marym0411 has posted more than 5 good deals
Hi there
Does anyone know where I can send my expired coupons? I have 2 freezer bags full and I don't want to throw them away. I have a coupon club and about 5 ladys give me there expired ones. I am not working so I can not afford alot of shipping cost. To send them over seas. Thx
Old 01-20-2012, 10:17 AM

nolamommy has posted more than 75 good deals!
That kind of thing just worries me. I feel like if people continue to do that....the commissary will at some point no longer allow overage!! It just makes me nervous, I wish I could do that..but I just can't! The cashiers are actually really nice, but they just take forever to look over each and every coupon..but I feel like if I did that, someone would say something and I can't handle that. I would go right when it opens so no one was in there . Does anyone else feel like all these overage deals they've had lately are going to backfire... the more deals that go out like this, the more nervous I get... and the most I have ever done in overage is enough KY to buy two gallons of milk I just get sooo nervous!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
cheap4kids has posted more than 25 good deals
The fact of the manner is companies will stop this sooner or later if only ONE person got overage on it so it is in your best bet to cash in now. Just IMO> Although with Qs I do notice a pattern, companies release a High value Q which a lot of people take rightful advantage of. Then they release low value Qs and assuming this lower their profits, because the High Value Q always seems to come back. KY jelly is a good example, they release a $3 q a while back then after everyone got that overage , started doing $2 qs and now they are back to $3qs again.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:33 AM

nolamommy has posted more than 75 good deals!
I would think that even the high value q's are still making them money, I mean not a lot of it...but no manu would put out a q knowing they are eating money.. it wouldn't be worth it to them. But my commy is passing this months connexion by hand so unless you go first thing in the morning on certain days, you won't get the connexion. I got mine this morning when I went, but they already don't have anymore of the nic. Which is a total bummer, because I am having a seriously hard time right now. I turn into such a mean person when I quit and my kids don't deserve that, and I figured its free to quit right now.. and I promised myself this would be the year. And now its not free cuz I can't seem to get my hands on any nic! Which is not weird, but kinda is...considering its not like someone came in and took all of the q's for it since they are handing it out by hand.... so I guess everyone is either quitting or every time they pass it out, each person is grabbing it to eat some of their cost. Which is fine, just a bummer. I need to be a little braver and go for the deals, but I live 10 mins away from the commy and to go every time they pass it out to grab a q would make it NOT free since I drive a gas guzzler Anywho, it just makes me nervous, I just feel like if I got a lot of overage, something would happen, and someone would say something, rolling eyes, making comments, and then it would take away from the fact I got so much overage in the first place..like it would ruin it for me. I know, I'm a wimp!