Got To Teach A Little About Overage Today!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Back in Action!

My Mood/Status:
QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Got to teach a little about overage today!

4 KY jelly $1.92 ($3/1 coupon) = $1.08 overage x4
4 Old Spice Body wash $2.49 ($2/1 coupon) = .49 ea x4
Vicks Natural Honey cough medicine $4.92 ($4/1 coupon, home mailer) = .92 x1
Total +.31 owed to me! yippee! First time ever paying $0.00 at checkout.

Since there was a negative balance, they had to call the lady from the "box" to come and unlock the register. The cashier was like these coupons are for $3 off and the jelly is only $1.92, we can't let you use the coupon when it is for more than we sell it for. And she began to adjust it down. (and I was going to let it slide since my hubby had been in the ER the night before and was at home with the kids. I had to run on base and get his meds..... I was already in a rush...) But then I thought, NO! They are supposed to let me have the full value of the coupon, so I spoke up and told them that the commissary allows overage and if they'd like to see a copy of the coupon policy, I had it in my truck. They said yes, so I went and got it, and the lady was like, "Wow, Ive never seen this before... do you mind if I make a copy" Of course I said, yes.. so long story short- I taught the cashier and the lady in the box about overage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& 5yr DD {Kylee}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*~
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QClippinMama For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 04:50 PM

RE: Got to teach a little about overage today!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
MRSTUUAGA has posted more than 10 good deals
good job
Old 01-11-2012, 08:07 PM

Joyceygp has posted more than 50 good deals
Good for you standing your ground and being polite about it! It makes sure makes it easier for those that come in after you teach and are polite too! Thanks!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:33 PM

AF Retired Mom has posted more than 100 good deals!AF Retired Mom has posted more than 100 good deals!
Good for you. The last time I went to the commy, my cashier put aside all the coupons that beeped (all had overages). At the end she handed them back and said they couldn't take them. I explained it beeped because of the overage. She said she was told not to take any coupons that beeped. And even though she was kind of rude, I politely asked to see the manager. The manager came over and immediately told her to put them through...as the message said something about the coupons being over the price, not that I didn't buy the product....it was almost $80 in coupons!!! (Had the DeCA policy in my pocketbook ... just in case).
Old 01-11-2012, 09:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
justgetingalong has posted more than 100 good deals!justgetingalong has posted more than 100 good deals!
Yes being polite is nice, but very hard some time when they are being rude to you.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:43 PM

saved 300 already in 2 weeks!!

My Mood/Status:
qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Great job!!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 AM

AFC Star Member

puertowaiian has posted more than 200 great deals!puertowaiian has posted more than 200 great deals!puertowaiian has posted more than 200 great deals!
this happened to me recently. i special ordered 200 equal that gave the 50c overage. i was busy paying attention to my little one because she was becoming fussy. when the cashier told me the total, i was confused because i suppose to walk out paying 1c. she told me all the equal coupons beeped and she can't accept them. i politely told her that it's because the equal is $1.50 and the coupon is for $2. she said okay and started lowering the coupon to $1.50. had to stop her and tell her that she suppose to give me the full $2. she replied that we can't just give you the 50c. i said yes you can it's in the policy and she called someone over. in the end, i won and walked off with $500+ in groceries. at times i feel like working at the commy just so i can make every couponers life alot easier.

I
COUPONS!!!

ALWAYS ISO: 1/1 or 1/2 tropicana pure premium 59oz
The Following User Says Thank You to puertowaiian For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2012, 04:23 AM

How much will you save this year?

My Mood/Status:
Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Ronica447 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Good for you!!