Ok So It's A 17 Percent Savings

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 11:45 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
grandmamichelf has posted more than 300 great deals!grandmamichelf has posted more than 300 great deals!grandmamichelf has posted more than 300 great deals!grandmamichelf has posted more than 300 great deals!
Ok so it's a 17 percent savings

I figure that's pretty darn good considering I save 31 percent the minute I step in the commissary anyway. And my DD and DH are proud of me! That counts!

When we went to the commy this time, our list was long. I had coupons for quite a bit which was nice. Unfortunately our DD started at aisle 3 with "Are we done yet?". She's 26 and it was hilarious. Every aisle. It was like taking a long trip in the car. Then by aisle 10, but DH started in. I told them to hush, I was almost done.

So a couple of deals I got were this:

4 Pantene shampoos and 4 Pantene conditioners: $2.99 each. $3/2 coupon. Used 4 of them. It was like getting the 4 conditioners free.

Then I got 2 Scope mouthwashes for $3.63 each. Had $2/1 coupons and used then. Scope was $1.63 each.

Then Crest was $2.80. Used the $2/1 coupon. Crest was $.80.

Had to use those up because they expire today. I still have 4 of the $3/2 for Pantene. Might have to use those today.

Bic Soleil shavers were $4.75. Had an IP for $2/1 3 pack or more. Got one for $2.75. I should have printed more of those.

Anyway, I saved 17 percent and was quite happy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grandmamichelf For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 12:19 PM

RE: Ok so it's a 17 percent savings

My Mood/Status:
nottoooldtolearn has posted more than 150 good deals!nottoooldtolearn has posted more than 150 good deals!
uh oh,,,, now you are going to be addicted!! I've been doing this a while but I've never been able to get a cart full of groceries for free like they show on Extreme Couponing so in my book 17% is great. It's money you can use on other things and since it was the commissary - WOW!
The Following User Says Thank You to nottoooldtolearn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 10:51 PM

saved 300 already in 2 weeks!!

My Mood/Status:
qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!qponmom3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Hey 17% is GREAT!!! I saved 26% the last time I honestly think in the 12yrs I've been shopping at the Commy that was the first time it was above 15%!! Your doing great!! LOL @ your dd and dh. My dh has finally come around (only took him 14yrs of us being married!) and now he's like whens our next big trip? What we getting? How big is the stack ? He gets more excited then me at times its awesome. But maybe its because he's been seperated from the Navy so he has time to help and see that me doing this is actually saving us a ton exspecially with 2 teen girls and a tween. Keep up the great work!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
Loveday has posted more than 50 good deals
17% at the commissary is like getting at least twice that everywhere else! I usually don't get above 10-12% coupon savings myself, so when I very rarely happen to get as high as 15% or more, I've been known to do a little dance on the way out to the car! (no telling what the bagger thinks of me! LOL!) Well done you!!!