Does Each Commissary Have Its Own Rules?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 09:52 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
twoplusone
Fyi Does Each Commissary Have Its Own Rules?

Hello Everyone,

Please allow me to blow of some, much needed, steam. It just seems like every time I go to a commissary there's a change in policy. This applies to my regular commissary and if I visit another one close by. Today's new one is...they seem to be cracking down on bogus coupons. So, for instance, I had 2 Pennsylvania Dutch noodles coupons that they wouldn't take because it didn't have 3 barcodes. The cashier went on about having been to a recent meeting about bogus coupons and what to look for. Apparently, they have been told not to accept internet coupons with less than 3 barcodes and any that gives a free item. So, they wouldn't take my Pennsylvania Dutch coupons (even though they came from the manufactuer) and they wouldn't take a coupon that gave me a free Ocean Spray Sparkling Juice with the purchase of 2x 64oz Ocean Spray juice.

This is ridiculous, not to mention everytime I go, many of the prices are higher than the quoted sale price. I feel like I'm going to battle every time I go. Sorry for the rant; but HEADS UP!!

Thanks,
Alicia
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:06 AM

RE: Does Each Commissary Have Its Own Rules?

My Mood/Status:
catcat670 has posted more than 25 good deals
I know that the commissary's coupon policy is the same across the board, so your commissary shouldn't have a different set of rules. There's been alot of buzz about problems with internet coupons as of late. You can always ask to speak to a manager or if you still have problems, you can contact DECA. I usually leave them a message on facebook and I get a response within 24 hours most times.

As for the free items (ocean spray), if it was a IP then, I believe, the policy says they do not take IP's for free items. I'm pretty sure about that, but I might be getting it confused with the hundreds of other coupon policies we're all trying to remember!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:26 AM

nolamommy has posted more than 75 good deals!
Well, as far as the buy 2 bottles, get a free ocean spray... I have used that coupon twice. Once, just one coupon was used, and then last week I bought 4 bottles of juice and got 2 sparkling juices free. (My fam loves cran & vodka and they have one with a hint of lime, so thanksgiving should be interesting ) Anyway, they let me use them all the time, I have used lots of buy something, get something free without any issues. However, I thought you couldn't use a free item coupon.... like you have to buy something to get something free, you can just have a free bottle of OJ coupon... does that make sense?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:09 AM

Jaklatet has posted more than 150 good deals!Jaklatet has posted more than 150 good deals!
You can only use a coupon for a free item without having to purchase another item if it comes from the manufacturer and not the internet.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
twoplusone
Thank you for responding. nolamommy, that was the exact coupon I was trying to use and they wouldn't allow it.

Jaklatet - What if it is a coupon from the manufacturer and it's printed from the internet? According to them, they still wouldn't accept it.

All in all, I guess I didn't feel like fighting the good fight yesterday (I usually do...manager and all). I have another one that says buy a Cascade product and get the rinse agent free. I wonder if they'll take it. Wait! Let me check to see if it has 3 bar codes. ;o)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:51 PM

lovin AFC
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sorry I didn't see this post yesterday.

The Ocean spray - yes you can use it at all Commissaries since it is not a free coupon, but a buy 2 get 1 free coupon. So the printed aspect doesn't matter.

Now back to the OP - it is absolutely unacceptable that your Commissary is creating its own rules. There is nothing that requires 3 barcodes. There is nothing that requires 2 barcodes. they cannot refuse coupon unless it will not scan, you didn't buy the item, is expired, or is on the fraud list. If it is on the fraud list they need to show you written proof of this.

Your store clearly needs some more instruction on the rules. DeCA is very clear that all Commissaries follow all the same policy and CAN NOT implement their own rules. DeCA will not be happy to hear about this situation. I strongly recommend you contact DeCA and let them know specific situations and the general issues going on at your Commissary. DeCA will ensure the employees are retrained on the rules. If the issue continues keep contacting DeCA. If the situation does not get corrected DeCA will come down on the Store Director until it does get corrected.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:04 PM

Jaklatet has posted more than 150 good deals!Jaklatet has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplusone View Post
Jaklatet - What if it is a coupon from the manufacturer and it's printed from the internet? According to them, they still wouldn't accept it.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Most coupons are manufacturer coupons; however, commissary policy states that they will not accept internet printed coupons, which are manufacture coupons, for a free item without purchasing anything else. The only coupons you can use on a free item without another purchase are those that you get in the regular mail from the manufacturer or from magazines such as All You.