My Cashier Looked Annoyed :P

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 08:15 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
oscar&sharon has posted more than 50 good deals
My cashier looked annoyed :P

We started couponing about 3 weeks ago. Thanks to the awesome Free/cheap/overage thread we were able to get these great deals:

2 Arrowhead 1L water $.64ea
2 $1/1

4 Nesquick Powder $.57ea
4 $.75/1

2 Resolve stain remover $1.49ea
2 $1.25/1

4 Chinet napkins $.97ea
4 $1/1

4 Aunt Jemima breakfast $.89ea
4 $1/1

3 Digiorno Individual Pizza $2.40ea
3 $2/1

2 KY $1.92ea
2 $2/1

21 items, $25.22
surcharge, $1.26
Coupons, -$25.50
Total paid, 98
Savings 101%
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oscar&sharon For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2011, 08:18 PM

RE: My cashier looked annoyed :P

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Who cares if your cashier looked annoyed? You did GREAT!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3 year old DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and 1 year old DD
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babyrn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 08:41 PM

valgal820 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Nicely done! I haven't done that good, but each time I have had a lot of coupons the cashier complements me on the savings!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:44 PM

nicolehorton79 has posted more than 5 good deals
Great job,can u list where u got the coupons from??
Old 10-28-2011, 10:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
jennlove256 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jennlove256 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jennlove256 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jennlove256 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jennlove256 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jennlove256 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jennlove256 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jennlove256 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jennlove256 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jennlove256 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jennlove256 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes please give the location of the coupons... This all sounds lovely... And i would love to try some of these deals out...!!?
Old 10-28-2011, 10:21 PM

Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolehorton79 View Post
Great job,can u list where u got the coupons from??
You can easily look them up here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Snarg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 12:00 PM

flyboysgirl has posted more than 75 good deals!
Nice Job!! I've decided I don't care about the attitudes anymore unless it negatively impacts my total..(ie they wont take good coupons). I've had 2 cashiers now that were talking to the baggers as they are ringing my coupons, complain about other coupons. I'm like...sorry, I warned you ahead of time. The one was like, awe well...but still continued to talk about this other person. I guess she ahd over 200 coupons and they had to shut the line down (which is funny bc they dont have a line for each register anyway??) I'm so sick of cashiers with attitudes. Honestly, do they lose money out of their paychecks? Nope, actually increases sales which means more income for the sales, which means good things for employees. Suck it up kids, is what I would like to say! They wouldn't complain if I had 100 items but if I had 70 items and 30 coupons they complain, what is the difference? On the other hand, I've had a lot lately that say way to go! Wow, I can't wait to see the total savings, etc. So you get the good with the bad. my thoughts or rant I guess. ANyway, GOOD JOB!

by trade,
married my
sweetie, proud to be a USMC Wife
and mom to DD
and DS
Old 10-29-2011, 12:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thanks everyone! He just kept shaking his head while scanning each coupon. It was only 21 :P Oh well, I didn't let it bother me, I even got a little cheer from the customer behind me!
The Following User Says Thank You to oscar&sharon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 12:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
Oh, and all but 2 of my coupons were IPs found in the free/cheap/overage thread. The other 2 were for the Resolve stain remover and were being handed out at the commissary.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:31 PM

AF Retired Mom has posted more than 100 good deals!AF Retired Mom has posted more than 100 good deals!
Really good job. Don't let the cashier bother you. I was shopping once, and when I handed the cashier my coupons they said "we got another one". I decided after reading these boards to have my phone camcorder ready to go right before I get to the register. Then if there is a problem to sent it to DECA. Between myself and my husband, we have over 56 years of service ... I think I earned the right to shop at a commissary and be treated with respect. We all have.
I'll leave the rudeness to the regular stores.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AF Retired Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 06:07 AM

sleepymama has posted more than 25 good deals
I've noticed the cashiers scrutinize everything ay my commy, but I guess they have had a lot of people lately trying to abuse q's. I've had baggers cheering about my savings before. That cracks me up. My big negative came from a shopper. This lady came around me and said to everyone around here, "Good Lord, I know things are expensive, but a binder! Give me a break!" Really! I can't stand people who try to make themselves feel superior by belittling others. I didn't say anything but I wanted to ask her why she cared if I was organized and saved $100 on my commy visits. The temptaion to use my case-it as a weapon was also there, but I didn't want to be the first person to go to jail for assault with a binder
Old 11-09-2011, 07:34 AM

missmeglea has posted more than 300 great deals!missmeglea has posted more than 300 great deals!missmeglea has posted more than 300 great deals!missmeglea has posted more than 300 great deals!
You did AMAZING!!! Who cares what a cashier thinks?@# They're probably just jealous of your mad couponing skills You know they're a closet case couponer and just can't figure out how you did it LOL I had a cashier once do the "happy dance" before I did...it was hysterical how excited she was for me...she then asked if I'd teach her Can't wait to hear about your next trip
Old 11-09-2011, 07:53 AM

is truly blessed!!

My Mood/Status:
preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Awesome shopping!
Go ahead......
Say something!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
appbran22 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!appbran22 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!appbran22 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!appbran22 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!appbran22 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!appbran22 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!appbran22 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF Retired Mom
Really good job. Don't let the cashier bother you. I was shopping once, and when I handed the cashier my coupons they said "we got another one". I decided after reading these boards to have my phone camcorder ready to go right before I get to the register. Then if there is a problem to sent it to DECA. Between myself and my husband, we have over 56 years of service ... I think I earned the right to shop at a commissary and be treated with respect. We all have.
I'll leave the rudeness to the regular stores.
Love it. You are so right! We scrimp and save and raise families in different cities, states, countries and continents all on Military pay. I got so frustrated at how I was treated by a few cashier that i have been stressed about going at all. You did great and its worth all the looks, eye rolls, grunts, groans and stupidity. Great job! Im.going this weekend hopefully.ill be able to to do well.
!