Money Back At The Commissary! First Time Ever

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 06:50 AM
lol

My Mood/Status:
Armyreservemom has posted more than 300 great deals!Armyreservemom has posted more than 300 great deals!Armyreservemom has posted more than 300 great deals!Armyreservemom has posted more than 300 great deals!
Dance Money Back at the Commissary! First time ever

Just came from the commissary using the commissary overage thread and guess what! I got money back. The cashier had an slight attitude on her face that my husband almost addressed, but it was worth it. She had to call the manager and the manager was excited and handed me back $.75 after all coupons were taken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coupon SAvings.jpg (37.9 KB, 115 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Armyreservemom For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 07:57 AM

RE: Money Back at the Commissary! First time ever

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
What is the 'Penny rounding' line on your receipt? I don't think I have ever seen that one before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:39 AM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
That must have felt great!!
Old 09-17-2011, 11:06 AM

lol

My Mood/Status:
Armyreservemom has posted more than 300 great deals!Armyreservemom has posted more than 300 great deals!Armyreservemom has posted more than 300 great deals!Armyreservemom has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarg View Post
What is the 'Penny rounding' line on your receipt? I don't think I have ever seen that one before.
We don't use pennies over here in Europe.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:13 AM

Jennifer12579 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Jennifer12579 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Jennifer12579 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Jennifer12579 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Jennifer12579 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Jennifer12579 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Great job that's awesome!!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 11:40 AM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyreservemom
That's so interesting!
Old 09-17-2011, 12:32 PM

Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyreservemom View Post
Costs to much to ship 'em back and forth :) I remember that from many moons ago when I was stationed in Europe.

You would think they would at least do the customer a favor and round down though...

The Following User Says Thank You to Snarg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 09:26 PM

off to study

My Mood/Status:
autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Awesome!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:20 PM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I was told there was no cash back at the commy and its in their policy.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:43 PM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2midwife View Post
The policy does say from what I have read that they will give cash back, but maybe im reading it wrong. I have never been in a situation to need to know, but it seems as though you can.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:27 PM

lol

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2midwife View Post
Well, I don't know if they policy say it or not, but the manager happily gave me money back like she had it happen often and she knew it was policy to do so. I got back money that day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Armyreservemom For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 11:29 PM

lol

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EStimpert View Post
The policy does say from what I have read that they will give cash back, but maybe im reading it wrong. I have never been in a situation to need to know, but it seems as though you can.
My receipt reflects a neg balance and change of $.75 back, sooooo it must be.
The Following User Says Thank You to Armyreservemom For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 11:29 PM

lol

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EStimpert View Post
My receipt reflects a neg balance and change of $.75 back, sooooo it must be.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:36 AM

peak7263 has posted more than 25 good deals
Sorry, I had a long post that I think I acidentally erased on the subject of commissary overages. I'll repost the quick version. The answer to everyone's question is that yes, commissaries do give overages. In our area we have avid couponers. I know many people that get back as much as $100 a couple times a year. The only thing you have to do is plan and watch the cashiers. Plan because the registers can only accept so many coupons in one transaction. Watch cashiers because many are aware of the policy or they are too lazy to fiddle with large numbers of coupons. For some reason, the commissary has a harder time reading some of the coupons or accepting them when even the cashier tells me I met all the requirements for the coupon. In many cases, they have to be entered by hand. I have had other cashiers tell me that some of their peers just say you can';t use that coupon if it doesn't scan to just get out of having to do extra work. But short answer, yes you can get money back right then.
The Following User Says Thank You to peak7263 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 06:01 AM

My Mood/Status:
poachee has posted more than 100 good deals!poachee has posted more than 100 good deals!
I got $8.00 back a few weeks ago, but about 2 months ago, I was told no cash back so I had to use the overage on other things. I guess it will depend on the cashier.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:42 AM

:-)
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyreservemom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarg View Post
Costs to much to ship 'em back and forth I remember that from many moons ago when I was stationed in Europe.

You would think they would at least do the customer a favor and round down though...
Really?! I do not remember that anymore.

Do you want to become an AFC Forum Leader?

Openings and requirements can be found
!