'That Is A Savings Of 97%...'

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 11:49 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Snarg has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
'That is a savings of 97%...'

I'm back from my most recent commissary trip. I managed to save 97%!! To take a look at how I did it, I have a GoogleDocs spreadsheet you can look at here.

I'm glad I followed advice I found on this forum and had a copy of the commissary policy with me. When the clerk went to scan my Scotch Tape coupons, he said he had to adjust the value to match the price of the product. I informed him that he was incorrect. It is against the commissary policy *and* against the law for the commissary to make a profit off the customer. He rolled his eyes at me and gave me a smarmy, smirky grin and called the manager. While waiting for the manager I pulled out my copy of the policy. When she arrived, he explained the situation to her. She seemed a bit unsure until I showed here what the policy said. She said, 'Ok, ring it up.' then turned to me and said, 'You know, you arne't even supposed to have a copy of that.'. I said, 'What?', in a very dumbfounded voice. She said, 'Yeah, you are not supposed to have a copy of that policy.' I said, 'That's funny, because I downloaded it from the Commissary.com website.'. All she could come back with was, 'Oh, ok.'.

Long story short, don't back down when you are right.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snarg For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 11:53 AM

RE: 'That is a savings of 97%...'

Brandicook has posted more than 25 good deals
That is wonderful!!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:57 AM

spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Awesome!

And why wouldn't you be allowed the policy? You would think they would want people to be informed.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:48 PM

off to study

My Mood/Status:
autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!autumnkavila has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarg
i'm back from my most recent commissary trip. I managed to save 97%!! To take a look at how i did it, i have a googledocs spreadsheet you can look at here.

I'm glad i followed advice i found on this forum and had a copy of the commissary policy with me. When the clerk went to scan my scotch tape coupons, he said he had to adjust the value to match the price of the product. I informed him that he was incorrect. It is against the commissary policy *and* against the law for the commissary to make a profit off the customer. He rolled his eyes at me and gave me a smarmy, smirky grin and called the manager. While waiting for the manager i pulled out my copy of the policy. When she arrived, he explained the situation to her. She seemed a bit unsure until i showed here what the policy said. She said, 'ok, ring it up.' then turned to me and said, 'you know, you arne't even supposed to have a copy of that.'. I said, 'what?', in a very dumbfounded voice. She said, 'yeah, you are not supposed to have a copy of that policy.' i said, 'that's funny, because i downloaded it from the commissary.com website.'. All she could come back with was, 'oh, ok.'.

Long story short, don't back down when you are right.
awesome trip!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:13 PM

winco here i come!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Carrina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
They do not like to be wrong and also on that note, I had a issue a while back. I had all my coupons filed out and items ready. The Head cashier and the Cashier started to talk in another language other then English infront of me. They where pointing at the coupons and looking at me from the side of there view. I stated to them that I find it very rude for you to talk about me and my coupons infront of me in another language. If you have something to say please just say it and we can get a manger!