WWYD - Argue With Them Or Give In?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 01:49 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
WWYD - argue with them or give in?

What would you ladies do in this situation? I had a huge Target run today thanks in part to an upcoming camping trip. I thought everything went thru ok but didn't have time to check my receipt until now.

I wanted to do the GreenWorks deal, where you buy 3 GW items and get the GW dish soap ($2.44) for free.

I bought:
1 3-pack of GW wipes ($5.39)
1 GW bleach ($3.79)
1 GW dish soap ($2.44, s/b free)

I needed wipes and they didn't have any individual containers, the only option was the three pack. In my mind I bought four GW items, over the required three to get the dish soap. When I checked my receipt I saw that the dish soap did not come off. I called CS and the lady said the wipes are considered one item, even though there are three of them.

I didn't argue with her but now I wonder if I should go in and push back a bit. I don't want to try to push anything shady thru, but this seems like they're splitting hairs to me. What do you all think?

On top of this I had 2 TQ's and 2 MQ's for this deal and I can't tell by the receipt if they all came off or not... there's one TQ unaccounted for.

Should I push back at the CS desk or should I just give up and return them all? The receipt doesn't say anything about "refund value" so I should get all my money back, I hope??

TIA!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:53 PM

RE: WWYD - argue with them or give in?

My Mood/Status:
samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!
I am sorry but I agree with her. Because it is rung in as one item I think it counts as one item.
The Following User Says Thank You to samshua For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 02:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
threecheekychickens has posted more than 50 good deals
I agree, the items are in a package together so it's considered 1 item, even though there are three of them. Sorry! I'm not sure the 3-packs even count for the free soap deal, do they? They weren't tagged at my store (only the individual ones) but that doesn't necessarily mean anything of course.

Also regarding the coupons, a lot of times the coupons don't show on the receipt, but they ARE in fact coming off. I would add up the receipt and see if it actually makes sense or if the total is off. Since I'm a heavy couponer I almost always have coupons 'missing' from my Target receipts, but if I add it up it actually did take the amount off. Good old Target.
The Following User Says Thank You to threecheekychickens For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 02:04 PM

tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
The way you have to look at it is the 3 pack has ONE UPC so it is considered one item. It's like a 2 pack of toothbrushes, you can't use 2 coupons, know what I mean?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tagarza For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 02:07 PM

MSing for another luxury trip :)
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I concur with PPs, if an item is packaged as 2 in 1 or 3 in 1, then it is scanned as ONE item. If you wanted to get the dish soap free, you needed to buy 3 individual packs of the wipes, and if you didn't get the dish soap free, that is the time to have it corrected @ CS.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I agree.. The three pack is counted as ONE item. I would return them and buy two more items and have my receipt adjusted @ CS.
The Following User Says Thank You to CasieMcCann For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 02:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Thanks ladies, I think I'll just return the whole lot, I don't want to pay $2.44 for dish soap, I'm too cheap LOL

I might have considered trying to re-do the deal but they have my coupons now and I don't think I can get any more... oh well.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
threecheekychickens has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
Thanks ladies, I think I'll just return the whole lot, I don't want to pay $2.44 for dish soap, I'm too cheap LOL

I might have considered trying to re-do the deal but they have my coupons now and I don't think I can get any more... oh well.
I don't know if it would be worth it to you to do this, but when you return items that you used coupons on, you can basically do the deal again (technically). If you return items that you used MQ's on, you get that money back. So if you bought an item that was $2, used a $1 MQ, you would get the whole $2 back. If you used a TQ, you can get a slip from CS that you can use to purchase the same product again with that discount. It's kind of like a rain check slip. I got one of these once when the CS lady handed it to me (I didn't ask for it), so I know that it's possible to get one, but I'm not sure what to ask for specifically. Anyway, just an idea in case you wanted to do the deal again after you return.
The Following User Says Thank You to threecheekychickens For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2012, 01:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
love_virus has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!love_virus has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!love_virus has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!love_virus has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!love_virus has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!love_virus has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!love_virus has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Smile

Quote:

if that makes you feel better than do it! sometimes, i find it's less frustrating to return everything.

I had a bad day at kroger. so i feel ya! i was this close to returning everything, because of how they treated me, but i calmed before so. i did need the items, and eventually the issue was resolved.
The Following User Says Thank You to love_virus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2012, 02:04 PM

MSing for another luxury trip :)
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:

I don't blame you, I won't pay 2.44 for dish soap either

Since Target allows 90 days for returns, don't get pressured to do an immediate return. Since your receipt is showing how much you paid for it, you should get the same amount plus tax. If you don't have a receipt, the refund value may be the lowest the item went on sale for the past weeks but you'll not have that problem with your receipt. You can do the return on your next scheduled shopping trip so you don't go back just for the return or else, you lose more money for gas usage.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
connie1615 has posted more than 50 good deals
I agree with CS, if it comes in a package of three it counts as 1 item...
The Following User Says Thank You to connie1615 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2012, 04:17 PM

:)

Popples has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Popples has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Popples has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Popples has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Popples has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Popples has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Popples has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Popples has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Like everyone else has said

1 barcode = 1 item :/
Old 04-13-2012, 06:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
I did manage to get one more set of TQ/MQ coupons for the GW bleach... which makes it a pretty good deal at $1.79 after q's at my Target. I thought about going to CS and asking them if I can still do the deal if I buy the bleach but I dunno if that will work or not... if not then I'll just return it all for now.

I did score on the Method dish soap, got it at $.64 cents a bottle after the TQ & MQ's, and I managed to get three more sets of q's (TQ&MQ) so I'll be able to pick up three more yay!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
cramos28 has posted more than 200 great deals!cramos28 has posted more than 200 great deals!cramos28 has posted more than 200 great deals!
One thing I might add from personal experience is ALWAYS, ALWAYS check your receipt before you leave your store. I always do so in case something doesn't come off I will get this fixed at the cs desk.
The Following User Says Thank You to cramos28 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 01:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
cramos28, I agree that's important and I do, usually... this time I was running late for a school pick-up