"Because You Used Coupons."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 04:24 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Help Sign "Because you used coupons."

I have read the stories here on AFC so many times, but I have never heard it in person until today. And I don't think I have ever heard of it from a Meijer store.

I had to make a trip east today and my destination was in a city with a coupon doubling Meijer. With the deals this week, I figured it would be worth my time to do my shopping out of town. I don't really like visiting strange Meijers, but I thought these were simple enough deals. What's the harm?

I attempted to do the Suave deal (buy 3 get a free styler) and the cleaning supply deal (buy 7 get $5 off). When it was done, no free Suave and no $5 off. So I went to CS. I couldn't believe my ears, "It was because you used coupons." Seriously?! He actually went on to say, "That is how THIS store works." Really?

So I marched out to my car and called the manager. He explained that these offers were "not to be combined with any other offer" meaning the coupons. He offered to double check the ads, which of course do not say anything like that, so he offered to fix it this once. I was refunded for the Suave and they gave me the $5 on a gift card.

I don't usually get the chance to visit the coupon doubling Meijer stores, but you still get the store deals with the doubled coupons, don't you? From the dozens of deals posted on the $5/7 deal, I had assumed it would work.

I'll do the rest of my shopping at my local store. I'm bummed about losing out on the doubles, but if each transaction requires a trip to CS, it isn't worth it for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to twentyfirstcenturygypsy For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:49 PM

RE: "Because you used coupons."

mom2_3girls has posted more than 75 good deals!
it shouldn't matter one way or another if you use coupons... and that is Meijer's coupon policy as a company. Sorry you had such a bad experience... I would probably call corporate and report them. Unless I'm wrong and each individual store is allowed to make up their own policies and I just didn't know?
The Following User Says Thank You to mom2_3girls For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2011, 11:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I'm going to Meijers tomorrow and we'll let you know if I have the same issues. I hope not because this is my first trip out after learning how to coupon!

Chrissy
The Following User Says Thank You to pro_well For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 PM

Hello fellow AFCers!

My Mood/Status:
msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow! There is NO WAY you should have had that experience. Surely the "Buy 7, Get $5 off instantly" deal can not be programmed at each store! I feel so bad for you that all that happened. I agree with you, how in the world can they do that??? It seems that systems programming like that would not be allowed. After all, the deal was probably printed in their ad!!

There is NO WAY that it was because you used coupons. Those "instant savings" deals come off as the items are scanned, BEFORE you even get to the coupon scanning part.

Last edited by msattforsavings; 03-25-2011 at 01:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to msattforsavings For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2011, 01:35 PM

Hello fellow AFCers!

My Mood/Status:
msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!msattforsavings has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_well View Post
I'm going to Meijers tomorrow and we'll let you know if I have the same issues. I hope not because this is my first trip out after learning how to coupon!

Chrissy
Chrissy, Good Luck on your first trip out!!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 10:48 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sweetheidi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
That is completely wrong! You should have gotten the discount. The store gets that money back from the coupons so why should it bother them?!
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetheidi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 08:38 AM

dklakes
....you should have received the discount....I was at a Meijer's that I usually don't visit and was using a NYC makeup coupon....by 2 products get $1.50 off...this coupon clearly stated "manufacturer's coupon"....but it also stated that it was "available at walmart".....not redeemable at walmart---available at walmart....the clerk wouldn't take the discount so I had her take it off my bill---she wasn't happy....went to Walmart the following day....actually got both products $.06 cheaper than at meijers.....LOL
Old 06-12-2011, 10:20 AM

angiesedg has posted more than 1 good deal
ok folk Im new to all this, coupon stuff, im confussed at how you can use more than one coupon on a purchase, for example, if I have a 3 coupon for $1.00 off cat food, I can't use all 3 on one bag, so how can people by multiples? and how do double and triple coupons work?
Old 06-12-2011, 09:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
jennrn915 has posted more than 400 great deals!jennrn915 has posted more than 400 great deals!jennrn915 has posted more than 400 great deals!jennrn915 has posted more than 400 great deals!jennrn915 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Doubles and triples are bonuses the stores give. You only can use one manufacturer coupon per items. Some stores put out store coupons and allow ypu to "stack" a store and manufacturer coupon together....the meijer mealbox coupons are store qs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jenn: wife to Pastor Leo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Mom to Amani
and Alyssa:
Old 06-13-2011, 12:24 PM

KimJSpr has posted more than 10 good deals
does Meijer let you stack the mperks with a manuf. q?
Old 06-13-2011, 12:42 PM

Hello fellow AFCers!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimJSpr View Post
does Meijer let you stack the mperks with a manuf. q?
Yes. They consider mPerks to be store coupons. You are allowed one store coupon + one Manufacturer Coupon for each item.