Laminate Flooring On Stairs, Anyone?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2015, 08:26 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Laminate Flooring on stairs, Anyone?

We have the Harmonics laminate flooring from Costco in a few rooms of our house. Our stairs have carpet that really needs to be replaced. I have enough of the laminate to do the stairs, but I am not sure about doing the stairs.

Does anyone here have laminate on their stairs? If so do you like it or not? And why?.

Thanks
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2015, 09:55 AM

RE: Laminate Flooring on stairs, Anyone?

I'M BAAAACK!

My Mood/Status:
deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't have stairs in my house, by just from an aesthetic point of view, I would match the stairs with whatever flooring is on the ground floor leading up to the stairs. In most cases, that gives a better "flow" from one area, downstairs, to the next, upstairs.

Just an opinion.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:59 PM

Always Clipping, Clipping, Clipping!!
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just asked my husband, who happens to own a flooring business, and he said the only downfall of Laminate on Stairs is that it is a Pain in the Butt to install. Other than that, it looks nice and wears well

Are you an Active, Deal Sharing Member???
Love AFC? Like Helping Others?
Click here
be a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Volunteer!

Hi! I'm Heather! ... and these are my Kiddos:
Elijah 19
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Khiara 11
, Kabreena 9
, Teigan 4
and SoCo 13
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MommaOf2Many For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2015, 05:21 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mokimedic has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Thanks Momma. It is good to know that it wears well, since I think my kids could tear up a crowbar. I was wondering if anyone had it and thought it was extremely slick?
The Following User Says Thank You to mokimedic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2015, 05:44 PM

pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!pmr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokimedic View Post
Thanks Momma. It is good to know that it wears well, since I think my kids could tear up a crowbar. I was wondering if anyone had it and thought it was extremely slick?
The possibility of it being slick was my first thought ... like kids in stocking feet slipping. I don't have it myself, so no experience here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pmr For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2015, 02:16 AM

Blessed by the Lord
Jesus's friend

My Mood/Status:
shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't have stairs but I agree it being slick would worry me. Also cleaning it seems like it would be even harder to do than stairs. I hated having a two story it was too much work to keep up with and constantly going up and down the stairs was tiring too. But they are beautiful and seem to have so much more room. I would go with the carpet.

I love to pray for others. If you need prayers please send me a PM and please keep me in your prayers/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelleyf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2015, 10:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!subu has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have stairs and we've always had carpeting on stairs. The bottom floor is travertine and upstairs is wooden. With 4 kids in house we replace it every couple years. On the other hand, it's less worry about kids getting hurt when they fall on the stairs. Because they've all fallen, especially when learning to walk. My youngest is turning 2 so the memories of him somersaulting down the stairs are still fresh. But never any serious injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subu For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2015, 01:48 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Thanks everyone. We just found out we may be moving in the next few months. I think for now I will just get the carpet cleaned.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:49 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by subu View Post
I have stairs and we've always had carpeting on stairs. The bottom floor is travertine and upstairs is wooden. With 4 kids in house we replace it every couple years. On the other hand, it's less worry about kids getting hurt when they fall on the stairs. Because they've all fallen, especially when learning to walk. My youngest is turning 2 so the memories of him somersaulting down the stairs are still fresh. But never any serious injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What type of carpet do you put on your stairs? I went shopping for carpet and got completely overwhelmed.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:01 PM

Rivmage has posted more than 1 good deal
I have laminate on stairs and never had a problem with it being slick.

Scott