Welcome To The "My Home" Forum!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Trying to be a Proverbs 31 woman

My Mood/Status:
brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
New Welcome to the "My Home" Forum!

Welcome to the "My Home" section of AFC! My name is Brie, and I am so glad you're here!

If you're on AFC, then you're a frugal-minded individual. Most of our forums help you find the best deals. In "My Home", we talk about the practical application of couponing and building a better life.

There are several subforums for you to explore. Whether you need help with Meal Planning, want to know more about paying off debt, want to declutter and get organized, or want to make some homemade gifts, you've come to the right place!

Please introduce yourself below. Let us know what we can help you with around your home!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Colton
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, & Reagan
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to brieclark For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 07:57 AM

RE: Welcome to the "My Home" Forum!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Hi my name is Livia and I live in NJ. Thanks Brie!

Do I owe you feedback?
Please pm me to lmk.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Livml For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 07:11 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
renea25 has posted more than 200 great deals!renea25 has posted more than 200 great deals!renea25 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Hi. My name is Renea. I live in SoCal. I'm a mother, wife and student. I really need help with meal planning and tips for organizing my desk/closet. These are my trouble zones. I am a long time lurker and I welcome any advice.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to renea25 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2014, 10:14 AM

worrier today

My Mood/Status:
janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hello everyone. I'm Janet, I live in Baltimore, MD. I'm a single mom of a 16 year old boy. I NEED HELP!!

Not only does my house have clutter like (dining room table clutter, papers everywhere clutter), I also have a house that is piled up (closet packed full, which I'm currently cleaning out), tons of magazines ( I hate getting rid of them, I love the articles, pics and recipes & tips), drawers stuffed with odds & ends & papers, books, mail. I just have "stuff" everywhere. I would like to clean it up, organize it and keep it that way. HELP!! I start and stop. For a long time I've suffered from depression. I'm up and down, I get lazy and procrastinate. My house is clean, it's not dirty, just cluttered. We keep the bathrooms clean and vacuum every few days. Living room, dining room and kitchen are extremely presentable. We just have too much stuff.

I need to know though, should I be picking a room to focus on and clean it out and then when all rooms have been cleaned out should I then start concentrating on daily organization? For instance my son's room. It has a large closet we share (packed full of stuff), drawers in the wall which I keep curtains, blankets, sheets, his karate belts and tons of other items. It also has a chest of drawers, bookshelf, bedside table piled with his collectables, a desk with a computer we don't use which is packed, and another three tier side table which we keep games on that we haven't played in some time. So far in this room last month I wiped the walls down on one side of the room and vacuumed under the bed last month. I guess I didn't feel like facing all of it and didn't know where to begin. This is what I've done in the last three days:

I cleaned out the drawers in the wall and got bags ready for the shelter with sheets, blankets etc. I'm ordering a display case to hang on the wall for his karate belts. I put all the picture frames together in a container. I have all of my clothes arranged in the closet neatly, and I got bags of clothes ready for the shelter as well. I haven't organized my shoes yet, going to work on that tonight.

I guess I'm just asking where do I begin. Do I vacuum & dust once a week? Help me out here.