Moving Across The Country- Need Help

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 08:38 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Drive moving across the country- need help

I need to move from KS to TX cheep
I have 12000 lbs of stuff
I don't want to get screwed
Is u haul it or pods moving a good option?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 AM

RE: moving across the country- need help

snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodswife
We used helpumove.com for our move from mo to nc
Old 08-02-2013, 06:35 AM

My Mood/Status:
floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodswife View Post
We moved from WI to FL in June. We used a 16ft Penske truck and car trailer, it was around $1200 after everything was added in (not gas, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be).

I originally wanted to go with Pack Rat as it would cost about the same but I read a lot of terrible reviews. They are not punctual with the drop offs so you may not get your belongings for a week after you arrive at the new place. The contractors offload your pod to get to other people's and are not careful when doing so, leaving items broken. The pods sit in their storage yard until they are ready to have a full truck and I've heard stories about pods flooding. These are risks we weren't willing to take, and apparently all the container companies operate the same way. My niece's husband works for Uhaul and admitted that he doesn't recommend the Uhaul pods bc there are so many issues with them.

You can negotiate with Penske, we got two extra days at no charge and also they do unlimited miles, not sure you can get that everywhere else. They also said if we found a cheaper price before our move, they would honor it. Note that our insurance said they would not cover damage to the truck or trailer so we opted to pay the little extra for insurance with Penske, YMMV.

Good luck!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AFullCup

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:22 PM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I moved from Maine to Alaska and used a Uhaul. It was the cheapest option I found after a month of research, the downfall was we definitely DID NOT budget enough for fuel or realize how often we would have to stop for gas.