Does Anybody Have A Tankless Water Heater?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 01:19 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Does Anybody Have a Tankless Water Heater?

So, it's 35 or so degrees outside and my water heater bit the dust a couple of days ago. Luckily, we have a home warranty plan we got when we purchased the house and I had the heating and cooling company out today. The husband really wants a tankless but the initial cost will be significantly more than the 30 gallon ($370 oop for the 30 gallon opposed to somewhere around $1000 oop for the tankless). Do you have a tankless? Do you prefer it over a regular water heater? Pros and cons?

Just to take a little moment for complaining, It's around 35 degrees here and I am so not looking forward to the cold shower I'm going to have to take today.
and momma to Dobby the furbaby
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ames79 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 01:33 PM

RE: Does Anybody Have a Tankless Water Heater?

qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
My husband is an engineer and does not like tankless so we have never had one. For us, since I'm home during the day with my kids and parents, it wouldn't make sense. For someone gone all day, it might make sense. You can google tankless water heaters, reviews or "pros and cons" and read up on it. The problem, according to my husband, is that it takes a huge surge of energy to heat the water on demand, whereas a regular water heater uses power more steadily throughout the day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qrazy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2013, 02:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Are you on natural gas? I looked into the electric ones and it just wasn't going to save anything really.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoxieE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2013, 02:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
The furnace and the now deceased hot water heater are gas but everything else is electric. Honestly, I don't really care which way we go but hubby gets on a kick with something and I have to be informed to point out the bad (or in some cases, the good). Then, there's the chance that I don't really care which just cause I miss hot water right now .
and momma to Dobby the furbaby
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:47 PM

hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Love our tankless. We live in an area with hot water and do have to clean it out with vinegar but we have to do that with a standard one too. We have a gas one. It can with the house but I would buy another if a had a choice. You never have cold water so you can be tempted to stay in the shower longer. Ours is on the outside of our house (not recommended) but we live in Texas and cover the pipers about 10 days or less a year. I love that we do not have this huge monster in our house.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Did your current hot water heater (gas) work when the electricity was off? Ours did and man, when the electricity went off it was heaven to have hot water. With electric you will not have hot water . . . We went from that to electric hot water heater and well, so no well = no water . . . just something to keep in mind.