Anything Like Angel Food Ministries?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 07:27 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

sanddollarmama has posted more than 300 great deals!sanddollarmama has posted more than 300 great deals!sanddollarmama has posted more than 300 great deals!sanddollarmama has posted more than 300 great deals!
Anything like Angel Food Ministries?

So I can generally get things cheaper with coupons but since stores around here are coming down on coupon using and making it far harder to get a deal we went to order Angel Food Ministries.. They've gone!

Does anyone know of anything like that? Our food budget is pretty low right now because we just spent $5,000 on a new transmission for the car. We have some stuff in the freezer but i'm not sure how long that will last us.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 07:32 AM

RE: Anything like Angel Food Ministries?

couponing is a way of life ;)
Couprookie ;)

My Mood/Status:
ErinArbelaez has posted more than 10 good deals
the only thing i can think of are food ministries...pantries..stuff like that. Check with your local megachurch - they might be partnered with an organization that can help you. Angel food was a Godsend...so sad they're no longer around. Might be something you can bring up to your local government next town meeting. Either way blessings and hope you find what you need.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:39 AM

sanddollarmama has posted more than 300 great deals!sanddollarmama has posted more than 300 great deals!sanddollarmama has posted more than 300 great deals!sanddollarmama has posted more than 300 great deals!
Thank you, we aren't in a position that we need a food pantry (very thankful for that!) but it was helpful to use them on a expensive month and when we got a big bill like this car one and drastically had to limit our budget. A lot of people really relied on that, I wonder whats to going to happen to them
Old 10-04-2011, 08:26 AM

night owl :)

My Mood/Status:
sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
that is so sad to hear they have shut down. I know a lot of people really relied upon their program.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4 (NIV)
Old 10-04-2011, 09:24 AM

wait a second, I might have a coupon for that!
Looking for my other flip flop!

My Mood/Status:
ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ypatton has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
If your Angel Food Ministries location was a church or civic organization, check directly with the host organization. Many hosts are now scrambling to find other options for those who used AFM...

Use what money you have for food on the most filling and vitamin items - beans, rice, oatmeal, etc. Check with any local food pantry locations to see if you are eligible to get services.

Good luck!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:15 AM

is going broke saving all this money!!

My Mood/Status:
mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
There are some programs out there similar to AFM (which I dearly miss already). I know our area had one called SHARE at one time, but they also shut down. I'll look around and see if I can remember where I got the information....if I find it I will try to post back for you.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:34 AM

is going broke saving all this money!!

My Mood/Status:
mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mom2gabenkatie has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Okay, I see SHARE is still available in some areas. There is also a program called Treasure Box, which sounds like AFM - oh shoot, no it ended in Sept just like AFM. They did list these links http://library.constantcontact.com/d.../Resources.pdf

It appears that many of these kind of sites are closing due to the economy. I saw several articles saying that the use of the programs was declining. Either because of the rising cost of food and lack of discounts all the way to people preferring freebies instead of paying (I'm guessing that meant food stamps?)

I am very interested in finding something like AFM so let us know what you find out!!
(All that from me for very little info - sorry)
Old 10-18-2011, 11:46 AM

shops too much!
Be yourself!

My Mood/Status:
Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Here's an article about a new operation formed by former AFM employees who, incidentally, sued the owners of AFM, the Wingo family, for misappropriating millions from AFM operations. For those of you who don't know, AFM was also raided by the FBI but I don't think the FBI ever revealed the nature of their investigation. Seems like just one more example of greedy people getting rich on the backs of America's less fortunate. Sickening and disgusting.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:51 AM

Griffithgang7 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayline View Post
Here's an article about a new operation formed by former AFM employees who, incidentally, sued the owners of AFM, the Wingo family, for misappropriating millions from AFM operations. For those of you who don't know, AFM was also raided by the FBI but I don't think the FBI ever revealed the nature of their investigation. Seems like just one more example of greedy people getting rich on the backs of America's less fortunate. Sickening and disgusting.
This just breaks my heart!!! The amount of Greed in this country is just staggering.... from the innercity streets where kids will KILL for a pair of shoes.... all the way to the top of the coporate ladder where they will do what they want and the poorest people in America end up footing the bill for it!!

Lord Jesus.... come quickly!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Griffithgang7 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 06:24 PM

amnesiachick has posted more than 1 good deal
Hi The three Programs I have found are

I have found three organizations that are like Angel Food was.

This is my first post so I can't post the links. They are midamericafoods, oneharvest, and smartchoicefood.

I think those have mostly been listed, but wanted to compile them together, just in case.

Unfortunately so far none of these have host sites in my city. Hopefully this is helpful to someone out there :O)

Cassie
The Following User Says Thank You to amnesiachick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2016, 07:08 PM

mimipaula1 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mimipaula1 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mimipaula1 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mimipaula1 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mimipaula1 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mimipaula1 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mimipaula1 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mimipaula1 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mimipaula1 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mimipaula1 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mimipaula1 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Have you tried Bountiful Baskets? It isn't free, but very reasonably priced fruits and vegetables. You'll have to pull it up on Facebook for info on getting involved. FYI, this post is why I plant a garden and raise my own laying hens!