Any Ideas For Making More Money?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 11:28 AM
My name is Valerie. Feel free to call me Val.

My Mood/Status:
xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!
Any ideas for making more money?

(A mod took this off because I had a link to eBay, so I took the links out. I think that should make it okay to post.)

Um, this might be sob-story-ish if I get too into it, so let me just give the basics:

- My husband probably needs surgery on his foot, and we have barely enough to cover the insurance in one account. We haven't even been able to talk to a doctor about it yet.
- In our other account, we're saving to fix up a house my dad is giving me. (Just to make it livable will be ~$6,000. We have about $1,600 in the account toward it, so we're getting there.)
- (That's all the money we have. Aheh.)
- We live with my husband's grandparents right now (we had to move across the country to find insurance for him), so we don't have any bills at the moment. I know that, at this point, it sounds like I'm whining. "You don't have ANY bills, what more could you want!?"
- I have one job (and should be starting another in about a week) which is only giving me like 5-10 hours a week for $8/hour. (The new one will be the same pay rate with hopefully more hours.)
- I'm selling stuff on eBay that I've found on clearance/worked down with coupons/decided I don't need anymore.
- I'm also selling some eBooks on Amazon for the Kindle that I'm hesitant to link to simply for the fact that a few of them are pretty short, even for $0.99, and you guys like good deals, so I won't bother you with that.
- I did the ChaCha thing for a while, but they deleted my account for some reason and won't let me sign up for a new one. (I honestly have no clue what I did, but eh, I got the money from it, about $78.)
- I'm selling drawings, though artists are not exactly known for turning a huge profit.

So I really am trying and "cut out some bills" isn't an option for me. Is there anything else I can do?

Last edited by xpikch3rxframex; 10-02-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 02:32 PM

RE: Any ideas for making more money?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Try to find a better than $8 hour job.
What skills do you have?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sneakers1234 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 05:11 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
You should be looking for a full time job on Craig's list rather than asking how to make money here = there are no job listings on this site. If your DH needs surgery then take the $ 1,600.00 you are saving for a "free" house and use that to pay part of the surgical cost that is a no brainer. Free houses are never free and if it needs 6K to be livable it will really take 12k minimum (after 26 years in the construction industry I know estimates are just crap it always costs double of the estimates). Sorry to sound so harsh but these are really common sense things. Go find a couple of jobs they are out there you just have to be willing to do what is necessary to get through this patch. Live with the Grandparents as long as possible without putting any extra stress on them - pay your way even at their house.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 06:44 PM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I would take any and every job that I could until the situation was resolved. There definitely and unfortunately are no easy answers here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EStimpert For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 06:56 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
the only thing I know that works now is based on the principle that money begets money so you'll need some capital to make that money start working/growing for you. it is NOT easy, you have to do a lot of research to know where to invest the money for highest yields and less risks involved. The higher the yield, the more risks there are so it requires a lot of research and timing in certain investments. I know that is not the answer you like to hear but there are plenty of legit money making ventures for those with some capital to invest.

as other PPs have stated, your best bet for now is to find add'l work or better if you can find jobs that pay higher than minimum wage. check around your area if there are elderly looking for cleaning or shopping services you can offer. you said "cutting off some bills isn't an option" for you but you better check again because you can always find something that you can do without like landlines, cable, satellite, grooming services, etc You're the only ones who know your expenses, you can go through it with a fine tooth comb and ask yourself if you can do without.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 12:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!
...I don't mean to be rude, but I'm wondering if some of you read all of it. I don't have any bills to cut out because we're not paying any right now, and I have the money for my husband's insurance, which should cover the surgery. Right now I'm focusing more on the house costs so we can move back home, because neither of us is all that happy here. (We lived in Kentucky before and are in California now.)

As for what skills I have, I haven't had a chance to go to college, so mostly just writing and drawing, which I'm already trying to use.

And I'm starting a second job in about a week, so "take more jobs" is already happening...

I guess what I was asking is if there's anything obvious I've overlooked, or if there are any other legit ways to make a little bit online (like I did with ChaCha and what I'm trying to do with Amazon, eBay, and Deviant Art), etc. I feel like some of the responses I got here are a little rude, but it might just be the effect text has on words, so.

Last edited by xpikch3rxframex; 10-02-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:02 AM

Just trying to stay cool...

My Mood/Status:
duckie has posted more than 200 great deals!duckie has posted more than 200 great deals!duckie has posted more than 200 great deals!
I suggest looking for a higher paying job as well. I went to college but haven't finished (yet!) and I make decent money as a pharmacy technician. It's not an extravagant lifestyle by any means. But its plenty.

I work full time, benefits, $25k in retirement. (Not nearly enough but not too shabby for under age 30) Hubby and I are living with his parents similar to your situation. We almost have a 20% down payment saved for a house, and an 8 month emergency fund. We also have invested $5k in stocks, which has turned into $6k thanks to my father in law who manages it for us. Neither my husband or myself has a college degree.

I would take that money you have saved for house repairs and spend it on your husband's surgery so he can get back to work asap. Once he does you will make it back in no time. Take advantage of your grandparents' offer to stay there as long as you can. Trust me, as I've said already I live with my in laws. I know it's hard. We want to move out of here so bad. But without their kindness we would not have been able to accomplish everything I said above. Another thing: I made some poor decisions in my early 20's and got into debt. We almost have that paid off. None of this would have been possible without my in-law's offer to live here dirt cheap. It will change the rest of our lives.

My point: You can make a decent living without a college degree. It's hard sometimes but possible. Better than minimum wage jobs are out there. Until you can find one take whatever you can get. Remember you reap what you sew. I hope when your husband has his surgery it goes well. Good luck to you both
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for 1 year, "parents" to Laguna
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duckie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 09:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sneakers1234 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am a bit confused.
The house you are going to move into is in CA? but you are in Kentucky now for surgery?
When you get home to CA will your husband work? Is he collecting disability or worker's comp now?
How will you afford the taxes in CA?
The Following User Says Thank You to sneakers1234 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 09:43 AM

Newbie Here but Not There!

My Mood/Status:
bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!
There is a foolproof way to make more money! Let me tell you my story and how I did it:
It all started when I was 18 and made the stupidest mistake of my life. I fell in "love" and ran 2000 miles away to be with my mother's biggest nightmare.
A year later, my now husband was a felon, alcoholic, pathological liar, and as I stared into my newborn daughter's eyes, I cried at what I had done her. No money, family 2000 miles away, living in a crack neighborhood as her Daddy laid passed out on the couch. I had no future...what could I do?
Yes, I applied for government aid to feed her, and used it to put her in daycare. I got a job flipping burgers and researched student loans, grants, and scholarships for college.
3 months later, after being told that we would never make it if I went to school by my oh so supportive husband, I was in school-4 year degree nursing program. I worked full time and went to school full time. Worked my tail off and got promoted to manager for a whopping extra dollar an hour.
6 months later I moved up to working as a nurses assistant. I went to class m-f. I workes 7p-7a on fri sat and sun. 1-2 nights a week I moonlighted as a sitter for suicidal or dementia patients, making overtime pay to watch them sleep as I studied and did homework. I never slept but maybe 2 hours at a time for those years. Still had no money, no car or food. Completely dependent on the system and student aid.
I graduated in 4 years. My daughter is now 7. My ex husband is still living in a shack with no car asking for handouts and making $8/hr. I have 2 paid for vehicles and own a new home that will be paid off in 14 more years. I have nice things. I take my daughter on vacations and we do fun things. I work 3 days a week and have TIME for her now. And I know how to make my money stretch. And I know what being hopeless is like.
There it is: HARD WORK, SACRIFICE, AND DEDICATION. It will always pull you through!

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bhickman1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 09:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakers1234 View Post
I am a bit confused.
The house you are going to move into is in CA? but you are in Kentucky now for surgery?
When you get home to CA will your husband work? Is he collecting disability or worker's comp now?
How will you afford the taxes in CA?
Sorry, I guess it is a little confusing.

We lived in Kentucky and are staying with his grandparents in CA right now (he's diabetic, so we had to find a plan that covers pre-existing conditions, which seems to be easier over here). The house we'll be moving to is back in Kentucky. (My family lives there, his family lives here.)

He is not able to collect on anything. He'll be taking phlebotomy classes in spring, hopefully his foot thing will be fixed by then. So he'll be working when we move back. (There are a lot of hospitals where we're going, shouldn't be too hard.)

Actually, the taxes in CA aren't that bad from what I've seen, but we live in a smallish town here. We'll be moving back to KY, where taxes are a little bit cheaper anyway.

bhickman1: Congratulations on making it out of such a hard spot, but the sarcasm wasn't appreciated. I'm not looking for a get-rich-quick scheme, and I'm a little insulted by the insinuation that I'm not working hard when I've already stated (twice, actually) that I'll have two jobs in about a week's time and that I'm trying to do various other things when I'm not working.

Honestly, I come to you guys and ask for advice and you just insinuate that I'm lazy? Seriously? That's really the impression I'm getting here.

Last edited by xpikch3rxframex; 10-02-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:01 AM

My Mood/Status:
mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
You could babysit, walk dogs, be a pooper scooper--.. Lots of little things you can advertise for on Craigslist for free to do on the side. You may laugh at the "pooper scooper" but I know someone who rakes in 6 grand a month and has a couple employees over this! Good Luck!! Dont be upset over some peoples "advice", I agree some were over the top rude.. If ya dont have nothin nice to say............................................
The Following User Says Thank You to mickie333 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 10:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickie333 View Post
You could babysit, walk dogs, be a pooper scooper--.. Lots of little things you can advertise for on Craigslist for free to do on the side. You may laugh at the "pooper scooper" but I know someone who rakes in 6 grand a month and has a couple employees over this! Good Luck!!
Oh dang, nice.
There are a lot of dogs in my neighborhood, so that might be an option. Thanks for the ideas, I'll try something like that.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:05 AM

Newbie Here but Not There!

My Mood/Status:
bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!
I apologize if you thought I was saying you were lazy or not working hard, my intention was to give you hope and motivation that you can and will get through this difficult time in your life. I was giving examples of what worked for me. Good luck and God Bless.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bhickman1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 10:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhickman1 View Post
I apologize if you thought I was saying you were lazy or not working hard, my intention was to give you hope and motivation that you can and will get through this difficult time in your life. I was giving examples of what worked for me. Good luck and God Bless.

Bah, I probably just have my negative-glasses on. I'm really sorry, I guess I'm stressing myself too much and it's making everything come off as really rude. Please don't feel offended, I really do apologize for the accusation.
The Following User Says Thank You to xpikch3rxframex For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 10:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpikch3rxframex View Post
Oh dang, nice.
There are a lot of dogs in my neighborhood, so that might be an option. Thanks for the ideas, I'll try something like that.
Seriously, he charges like 25-30 per month, goes to each home 1 a week which takes minutes..Picks up the pooh. then leaves in tied bag where the owner has specified to leave. (by back door, garbage etc..) He also gives a decent discount to the elderly. He started in his own neighborhood then branched out. He gets a 3 month contract (paid up front) then goes weekly..Cost him zero dollars to start up! Makes ya really think huh..?..LOL
Old 10-02-2011, 10:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2vette2camaro View Post
There was a lady in All You or some mag that did poop scooping, making like $150,000.00 a YEAR. Man, I would pick up poop left and right but ain't nobody going pay for that here in Arkansas, .
Same here! LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mickie333 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 10:28 AM

My Mood/Status:
bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Read Dave Ramsey's book Total Money Makeover and his other books are very helpful also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bodacious For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 10:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhickman1 View Post

I didnt think you were rude at all! I loved your story! My niece did the same thing, had her first built home (4 bedroom) at 22 with her daughter and is now selling to get more land and build a bigger home at 27!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:36 AM

Gritball Champion

My Mood/Status:
barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!barbnron has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I managed to keep my family of 5 fed and clothed for almost 10yrs on right around $10,000 a year sometimes more or less depending upon the overtime I picked up etc. The thing is that you have to really do what they said about looking at things you spend money on. We lived in the country in a small rent to own house on 5 acres. And um back then I didn't coupon! There are some big areas where you can cut costs if you smoke stop, it's a huge money suck. Soda's, fast food, new clothes ( either keep what you have or buy secondhand). Since you've already listed a second job with more hours, and selling stuff on ebay and what not there really aren't many other avenues to make more money other than further education or applying for jobs that pay more. I don't think the previous posters were trying to be rude just trying to think of areas to make more. Like one post said you could always take on odd jobs but I'm not sure how feasible that is with you already having 2 jobs. And with you not having any bills, then you should be able to put away $ pretty quickly. Unless you are paying for groceries or utilities then really what you are saying is that every dime you make you can save. In that case it should stack up pretty quick right?? Once again not being sarcastic seriously asking, is it all going into savings or is it being spent somewhere else?
Wife to 1 great hubby, mom to 3 teens, step-mom to 2 grown kids, and nanna to 2 of the cutest babies ever, 6 mini goats, 30 chickens, 14 chicks, 4 dogs, 2 geese, 1 gosling, 2 ducks, 4 ducklings, 3 cats, & 1 crazy horse!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barbnron For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 01:41 PM

hngoodlett has posted more than 200 great deals!hngoodlett has posted more than 200 great deals!hngoodlett has posted more than 200 great deals!
One thing that I haven't seen in your posts is what your husband is currently doing. You said he'll be taking classes in the spring, but does his foot keep him from working? Even if he needs to stay at home, maybe he could find some ways to make money, even if it's just a little, online, maybe by taking surveys or doing Chacha like you were doing before? I'm sure other people here know of more ways to earn online as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to hngoodlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 09:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hngoodlett View Post
One thing that I haven't seen in your posts is what your husband is currently doing. You said he'll be taking classes in the spring, but does his foot keep him from working? Even if he needs to stay at home, maybe he could find some ways to make money, even if it's just a little, online, maybe by taking surveys or doing Chacha like you were doing before? I'm sure other people here know of more ways to earn online as well.
Yeah, we uh... We actually had a tiff about that the night that I originally posted this, so now he is picking up some slack. (He was mad at me because I work too much... um, hey, maybe if you actually did anything...) Anyway, he is now helping more with housework and doing some surveys and working a little with eBay.

He's also been putting in applications for any jobs that'll let him sit for most of the shift (Walmart greeter, bank teller, etc.), because he can get around a little bit with a cane when he does need to walk, it just doesn't last very long. Like maybe five minutes at a time, but then he needs to sit again.
The Following User Says Thank You to xpikch3rxframex For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 03:05 PM

tired

My Mood/Status:
tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I often read stories on a money forum and people asking for help put all their info out there to see if there is anything that can be cut / changed to help lower their costs. It is hard to wrap my head around how much you have coming in and going out each month. I know that you live with grandparents, but what are you spending money on? Food? Utilities? Or are there no expenses at all?
An afterthought that I had was how you are going to pay to move back to KY, though I know that is in the future (we recently moved three kids, two dogs, dh and I from Texas to Maryland ourselves (no movers), and that was a few thousand dollars).
There is a site called mturk.com where you can earn cash or amazon gift cards. I earn about $80 a month on there but could easily earn more if I wasn't caring for 20 month old twins and a four year old. If you want more info, check out www.turkernation.com, a forum similar to this one for mturk workers.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Ghandi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tootsie roll For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 03:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
CozyTeapot has posted more than 50 good deals
I second Mturk - this would be a great idea for your husband. I just got started and today was really my first official day. If all my Hit's are approved I'll have made about $8 mainly doing surveys - which doesn't sound like much but could be $160 a month. I know I'll get better and be able to earn more with time. I plan to learn to do transcriptions. That seems to be where more money is made.
The Following User Says Thank You to CozyTeapot For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2011, 05:14 PM

serenity72 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!serenity72 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!serenity72 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!serenity72 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!serenity72 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!serenity72 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
check out wahm.com and workplacelikehome.com lots of legit and great information there and job leads
Old 10-03-2011, 10:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbnron View Post
And with you not having any bills, then you should be able to put away $ pretty quickly. Unless you are paying for groceries or utilities then really what you are saying is that every dime you make you can save. In that case it should stack up pretty quick right?? Once again not being sarcastic seriously asking, is it all going into savings or is it being spent somewhere else?
We do save it all. I won't lie, we get fast food sometimes, but it's seriously like once every week or two, so not very often. So that's like $20-$40 a month, and we save everything else. I could cut out the little bit of fast food that we do buy, but it's basically the only time we get out of the house. We're not in super-dire-OMG-NOW-need for money, otherwise I would drop that.