Any Ideas For Making More Money?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 PM

RE: Any ideas for making more money?

My name is Valerie. Feel free to call me Val.

My Mood/Status:
xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!
Tootsie Roll, CozyTeapot, and Serenity72: Ooh, niiiice. I'll check those out, thank you. <3

And the move will also be expensive (as the one to get here was). Based on the last move, I'd say this one'll be something like $2000-ish altogether. (Plane tickets for two people + shipping our stuff.) We just won't move back until we have enough (plus maybe a couple thousand more after the costs of moving and the cost of the house, just so we land on our feet), so it's like about $10,000-ish that we'll need total. We won't be moving until May at the earliest, so I think it'll be enough time if I can find enough ways to make a buck.

Last edited by xpikch3rxframex; 10-03-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 01:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!
(I have a question about the Amazon MTurk thing, though. I can't find any way to do the projects? Do I have to contact the requester first or what?)
Old 10-04-2011, 02:10 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Staying here where you are living rent free makes the most sense to me. Why would you move back to KY when hubby's insurance is here? He'll still be a diabetic. Far as hubby getting some work.............gas station attendants, cashiers, even the ticket taker at the movie theater by my house is in a wheelchair. I think you all have to look at his employment from the point of view of what he CAN do instead of what he CAN'T do. Ebay is fine for him to do after his REAL job.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:57 AM

Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpikch3rxframex View Post
we get fast food sometimes, but it's seriously like once every week or two, so not very often. So that's like $20-$40 a month,
Seriously, I would drop the fast food. If you have weeks where you only earn $40 (5 hours x $8/hr), it's not smart to blow the whole week's income on fast food for the month. Look for other ways to get out of the house, sitting at a park, going to free concerts, just getting tea or a cup of coffee at a cafe (one where the coffee is a dollar, not five bucks for a fancy cup of latte).

Heck I work full time and I don't spend $20/month on fast food.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jakejake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 05:34 AM

tired

My Mood/Status:
tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpikch3rxframex
(I have a question about the Amazon MTurk thing, though. I can't find any way to do the projects? Do I have to contact the requester first or what?)
After you register, search by Hits Available to Me at the top. When you see something you want to try, click on ViewHit in this Group. If you want to do it, click accept it. You must submit it when done. If you change your mind, click return hit. Rejected hits hurt you, returned hits do not.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Ghandi
Old 10-04-2011, 05:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
CozyTeapot has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
It is kinda confusing at first. Did you join up as a Worker? If so, go to your Mturk Dashboard and click the HITs tab. The ones in blue are those available to you. When you see something you'd like to do there is a link on the right that says View a HIT in this group. Click that and then you can look over the HIT before accepting it or not.

The Turker Nation forum has been a big help to me.

HTH!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponQueen925 View Post
Staying here where you are living rent free makes the most sense to me. Why would you move back to KY when hubby's insurance is here? He'll still be a diabetic. Far as hubby getting some work.............gas station attendants, cashiers, even the ticket taker at the movie theater by my house is in a wheelchair. I think you all have to look at his employment from the point of view of what he CAN do instead of what he CAN'T do. Ebay is fine for him to do after his REAL job.
He'll still be a diabetic, but he'll have taken his phlebotomy classes by then and a job at a hospital would cover him as that stuff goes. He's tried for the theater, I dunno if he's tried any gas stations yet.

JakeJake: I don't like concerts and the hubby doesn't like coffee. We're pretty much screwed for entertainment. I'm not even completely sure there are any parks around here, to tell you the truth, otherwise that might be an option.

Tootsie Roll and CozyTeapot: Okay, cool, thank you. <3
Old 10-04-2011, 11:04 AM

tired

My Mood/Status:
tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
What would be your plan for insurance in KY? And how much income would be needed to maintain the home every month? And how are the classes paid for? And transportation to and from the classes and job? Sorry for so many questions - I am a former teacher and a planner it does sound like living rent free as long as possible is the way to go. Could he take the classes in CA and find work there?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Ghandi
Old 10-04-2011, 01:36 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
bree034 has posted more than 150 good deals!bree034 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickie333 View Post
I didnt think you were rude at all! I loved your story! My niece did the same thing, had her first built home (4 bedroom) at 22 with her daughter and is now selling to get more land and build a bigger home at 27!
I agree, that is a very inspiring story! Rock on sister!
The Following User Says Thank You to bree034 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
mommy1224 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommy1224 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommy1224 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommy1224 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommy1224 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommy1224 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
...I don't mean to be rude, but I'm wondering if some of you read all of it. I don't have any bills to cut out because we're not paying any right now, and I have the money for my husband's insurance, which should cover the surgery. Right now I'm focusing more on the house costs so we can move back home, because neither of us is all that happy here. (We lived in Kentucky before and are in California now.)

As for what skills I have, I haven't had a chance to go to college, so mostly just writing and drawing, which I'm already trying to use.

And I'm starting a second job in about a week, so "take more jobs" is already happening...

I guess what I was asking is if there's anything obvious I've overlooked, or if there are any other legit ways to make a little bit online (like I did with ChaCha and what I'm trying to do with Amazon, eBay, and Deviant Art), etc. I feel like some of the responses I got here are a little rude, but it might just be the effect text has on words, so.
in-n-out starts at at least 10 an hour
Old 10-05-2011, 03:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I write occasionally for textbroker.com. Easy money. You just log in, browse requests, write the article and submit it. The better your writing the more money you'll make.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsie roll View Post
What would be your plan for insurance in KY? And how much income would be needed to maintain the home every month? And how are the classes paid for? And transportation to and from the classes and job? Sorry for so many questions - I am a former teacher and a planner it does sound like living rent free as long as possible is the way to go. Could he take the classes in CA and find work there?
He'll be taking phlebotomy classes here (California) in February which'll be over in May. (The class is a lot cheaper here than in Louisville, which is where we'll be moving.)

We need $6,000-ish just to make it livable, then like about $30,000 to actually make it a good house. That's still a ton cheaper than buying a new house. Expenses shouldn't be too awful aside from that, just basic bills and such. I'm pretty confident that I can get my old job back when we move again, and there are a lot of hospitals in Louisville, so DH should be able to find a job pretty easily. (That's not to say we won't be looking in other places to be safe.)

He gets financial aid for his classes here. I walk to work (the second job will also be walking distance), and he'll take the bus to classes.

And the questions are fine, really, it helps to make sure I haven't missed anything.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
Also, I got this message in my inbox. It doesn't sound all that legit. Have you guys heard anything about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarman
Hi! I just read your message and wondered if you guys still needed help. I work from home from a company called Arise, I actually have gotten many people started on it. you can choose what company you work for and just take their training, it only takes about a month, and then you can work anytime. it would be great for him, bc he can stay home and still work full time. I personally work for AT&T and APPLE doing chatting, for the online stores, I make about 40k a year from home, and i just started about a year ago full time, before that i did it part time and worked at a bank. it really is the greatest thing that I have ever done!!!! if you want some more details, you can email me at [removed by XpiK] or just go to arise.com and enter my acp id [removed by XpiK]
Old 10-05-2011, 09:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
CozyTeapot has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Also, I got this message in my inbox. It doesn't sound all that legit. Have you guys heard anything about it?
I haven't read these, just skimmed a bit, but here's a couple of links I found about it:

Arise formerly known as Willow...Any body working for them??

Is Arise.com A Scam?

I also wanted to mention that if you or your husband can type pretty well, you might consider learning to transcribe on Mturk. I just took a qualification test yesterday with SpeechInk and passed and I'm so excited to be able to do more than surveys. From what I understand most of SpeechInk's HITs are transcribing recorded insurance claims and such.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you draw get into putting it up on the internet not sure how savvy you are with graphics on the computer but if you could do artwork for blogs u could make a killing!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi!! I'm Sherry Mom to Jordan (14)
, [color="Magenta"]Big fluffy fat Cat Mia
and a cute little puppy Rusty
The Following User Says Thank You to Sher71481 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 09:49 AM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
My husband and I were struggling for a few years after we moved to washington. We had bills, no real budget and our gas up here was nearly 5 bucks a gallon, plus he had to commute to work. After we paid our bills and bought food we were lucky if we had enough to cover gas. We fought a lot and it created a lot of stress and a lot of problems in our relationship. I began to zone in on the budget, planning a real one. I regretted bills we were already tied into and marked them off to be paid with our next tax return so they would be gone for ever. We moved as soon as we could, I paid off our bills with our tax return and began to plan every single dime... I made the cheapest meals I could think up or find on the internet, I hit thrift stores for anything we needed and I went.to.school. This was the single most important thing I could have done. I now work full time as an EMT, we don't get paid much at all and infact I could argue that what we get paid for what we're responsible for in the field is a joke.. but its something. After a year or so I got us to a place to where we had no bills, had repaired our credit and began building a house! My car is nearly paid off and once that is done, I'll be having no more car payments in this house!! My student loans will be paid off with our next tax return and I'm providing an income to our household. My husband and I both work full time, he's military and I work public safety, neither are high paying jobs but we live much, much more comfortablly than most people. We aren't taking lavish vacations to the tropics or driving BMW's but we're stable and happy. I can not stress enough the importance of getting a career. There are all sorts of accelerated training programs that offer financial aid and will help you find a job after graduation. Without a trade, there isn't a lot you can do but settle for what everyone else is fighting each other for. Best of luck to you, I hope everything works out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 AM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher71481 View Post
If you draw get into putting it up on the internet not sure how savvy you are with graphics on the computer but if you could do artwork for blogs u could make a killing!!
You could also design book covers. There is a huge demand for cover artists right now, after the collapse of Borders many publishers arent publishing anyone anymore. So all new authors are turning to the self-publishing industry and with that.. they need covers designed. Deviant art (of which I've been a member for years) is a great place to do that.

The Following User Says Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2014, 08:51 PM

Thriftstoremommy990 has posted more than 25 good deals
Mickie333-Your idea about the pooper scooper is great! My cousin actually runs a dog sitting buisness. She charges extra for grooming, bathing & clipping nails. She charges $5 for everything...example $5 hour dogsitting, $5 for bathing and clipping. She even paints dog nails for $5. By the end of the day She can make up to $250 just on 4 or 5 dogs and I've seen her bring home that much everyday for 5 days. People love her because she is wonderful with animals.
I think everybody's circumstances are different. Such as, I live in the middle of no where 30-40 miles from the nearest town and Wal-Mart. My best friend lives 2 blocks away from her local grocer. My expenses are higher than hers because she saves by walking and I spend $3.25 per gallon on gas. I hope you put you trust in the Lord. Faith Moves Mountains!
The Following User Says Thank You to Thriftstoremommy990 For This Useful Post: