Is It Too Early To Talk Christmas?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 04:10 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Is it too early to talk Christmas?

I know some people start after the holidays, but I'm starting now. I'm thinking about a keurig coffee machine for my dh since he's a coffee person. I know they come on sale periodically, but I wasn't sure about the expense of the cups. Thoughts anyone?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aflmom For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 04:14 PM

RE: Is it too early to talk Christmas?

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Certainly not! I have already started Christmas shopping!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyfordawn1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 04:16 PM

dealsonwheels has posted more than 10 good deals
Drive Heck no, it's not too early

I usually start the day after Christmas for the next year, but have not been able to the last few years.....money, ya know. But, I have been really getting items on clearance at Target and using coupons as well. It is never too early....you will enjoy seeing what you are getting and looking at all your haul later. I know I do.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dealsonwheels For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 04:17 PM

buzzinga!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Halloween is my favorite holiday
I plan to get married on October 31st, not this year of course but I can just hear the thoughts of people reading this "weirddo.." .

I hear a lot of good things about the Keurig, except for the reviews that says it doesn't brew a full cup of coffee. So it might get expensive with the little cups that you have to insert into the top.

I have an expresso machine but I don't use it often since I have insomnia and I don't need the extra kick to keep me awake, . It works great though
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to angelasykes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 04:19 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We have a Keurig and my hubby loves it! Ours has an option for 3 different sizes. The only problem I ever had with it was with the cocoas. Those didn't flavor too well with the larger cups.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babyfordawn1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 04:22 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
coffeeclatch has posted more than 400 great deals!coffeeclatch has posted more than 400 great deals!coffeeclatch has posted more than 400 great deals!coffeeclatch has posted more than 400 great deals!coffeeclatch has posted more than 400 great deals!
In my opinion it's never too early to start talking about Christmas
I'm anxious to get started on my shopping, but my family is not very forthcoming with their lists yet and my kids are past the age where I can surprise them with toys.

I have a friend who has the Keurig and she really likes it, but it is quite expensive and a "cup" of coffee isn't what we normally think of...we are used to big mugs of coffee and these just make a little petite cup of coffee.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coffeeclatch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 04:25 PM

aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
So far I've picked up (3) Transformer toys for a nephew, a six in one solar powered kit set for another nephew. He may be a little young, but his dad is an engineer. I also got a couple Kodak picture frames. I'm looking at an i-tune gc for a niece (when they go on sale) and put it in a bathroom caddy that has Olay stuff. Some of the things I picked up are from 1 sale a day. You do have to check their prices. They are cheaper than Amazon but no where near what they "list" the retail price at.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aflmom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 04:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
MaryG1959 has posted more than 75 good deals!
I've started shopping as well!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaryG1959 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 04:28 PM

very
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
babynicksmom has posted more than 200 great deals!babynicksmom has posted more than 200 great deals!babynicksmom has posted more than 200 great deals!
It is never to early to start shopping or talking. I want to start, but I have to shop around a 3 yr old
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babynicksmom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 04:31 PM

mclaroc has posted more than 100 good deals!mclaroc has posted more than 100 good deals!
I've been knitting a Cabbage Patch kids wardrobe for my daughter's dolls , so I had to start early to have the time to finish enough pieces. So, no, not too early for me ! A big part of the Christmas fun is the planning : recipes, gifts, decorations.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mclaroc For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 04:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
JeanneF78 has posted more than 400 great deals!JeanneF78 has posted more than 400 great deals!JeanneF78 has posted more than 400 great deals!JeanneF78 has posted more than 400 great deals!JeanneF78 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflmom View Post
I know some people start after the holidays, but I'm starting now. I'm thinking about a keurig coffee machine for my dh since he's a coffee person. I know they come on sale periodically, but I wasn't sure about the expense of the cups. Thoughts anyone?
I've been itching for a Keurig! My SIL adores hers and is always raving about it. My bday is coming up and about 2 months ago I'd mentioned to my mom I wanted one....she said not to buy one she'd keep her eyes peeled for a good sale and might get me one for my bday! Even though I'm 32...well almost 33, my mom still spoils me for my birthday (only child!)

As for christmas....I've been keeping my eyes peeled for some clearance deals.....I have 4 male cousins all college age...so they are easy, razors, shaving cream, Old Spice BW and Spray...things like that...I'll make them up a nice gift set and they'll love it...and we all know how cheap I can get that stuff for..so they're easy. I really don't know what my problem is, every year I'm such a last minute shopper, I always say I'll start early and I never do...This year I'm aiming to be half done before Thanksgiving!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeanneF78 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 05:21 PM

Missing my Sugar Girl. RIP 12/29/13

My Mood/Status:
momtoaprincess has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momtoaprincess has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momtoaprincess has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momtoaprincess has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momtoaprincess has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momtoaprincess has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momtoaprincess has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momtoaprincess has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momtoaprincess has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momtoaprincess has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!momtoaprincess has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have recently started christmas shopping, trying to find some great deals this year. I traded for some Kohl's coupons Ive been using to pick up a few things from toy section.

I've heard Bed Bath and Beyond is a great place to buy K-Cups because you can use the 20% and $5/$15 coupons on them, but Im not sure how the price compares to other places!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:43 PM

is truly blessed!!

My Mood/Status:
preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love talking about Christmas! I started shopping in August when I got the guitar Hero for the WII. I have 2 more items to pick up for DD 8, then I am finished with her. The older girls just want money to shop after Christmas. I am still looking for items that I know they like too.
Go ahead......
Say something!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preciousgirl1120 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 05:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We've started!

Bought Razor scooters for each big kid clearanced to $2.88.

Bought little digital cameras for the big kids and nephew for $2.99 each plus shipping.

I've been setting aside makeup I get cheap/free for my sister and teenage cousins.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 06:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
aliviasmom has posted more than 5 good deals
I already started Which I never do I always wait til the last minute. As far as Keurig goes I LOVE MINE! If you have a Kohl's by you I suggest buying it when they offer their sales. Spend $50 get $10 kohls bucks. Then you can use the money back to buy the kcups. I also just found coupons for kcups. Target has 2 coupons that can be used anywhere. One for Folgers and one for Millstone and Facebook has coupons for Millstone too. So you can stock up while they are on sale and then give the Keurig as well as a ton of coffee If you didn't want to use the Kohls bucks for coffee you can use it for other Christmas presents. I used my kohls bucks to buy Christmas presents that would have cost almost $130 but were marked way down.
Rebecca
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aliviasmom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 06:13 PM

You're doing great! I never seem to find clearance items. When I go shopping it's with a list and I don't look for other things. I know I miss out on deals because of that. Even when I hear about things on clearance, I don't have the patience to go look--just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdanalu View Post
We've started!

Bought little digital cameras for the big kids and nephew for $2.99 each plus shipping.

I've been setting aside makeup I get cheap/free for my sister and teenage cousins.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aflmom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 06:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflmom
You're doing great! I never seem to find clearance items. When I go shopping it's with a list and I don't look for other things. I know I miss out on deals because of that. Even when I hear about things on clearance, I don't have the patience to go look--just in case.
I am 100% the same! Thankfully my husband is not he's the clearance guy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 07:05 PM

So any of the cups will work with the Keurig machine? I've seen the racks/holders with the cups. The machines seems to rung $99+. I haven't priced out the coffee to know what is or isn't a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliviasmom View Post
I already started Which I never do I always wait til the last minute. As far as Keurig goes I LOVE MINE! If you have a Kohl's by you I suggest buying it when they offer their sales. Spend $50 get $10 kohls bucks. Then you can use the money back to buy the kcups. I also just found coupons for kcups. Target has 2 coupons that can be used anywhere. One for Folgers and one for Millstone and Facebook has coupons for Millstone too. So you can stock up while they are on sale and then give the Keurig as well as a ton of coffee If you didn't want to use the Kohls bucks for coffee you can use it for other Christmas presents. I used my kohls bucks to buy Christmas presents that would have cost almost $130 but were marked way down.
Rebecca
The Following User Says Thank You to aflmom For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 08:55 PM

Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!
I started planning xmas lists a month ago. If I don't start planning/buying months in advance xmas doesn't happen. For me this is my panic month, kids need winter clothes and new shoes (good supportive shoes which are $$$) and were flat broke, next month will be ok, this month? We are sooo screwed with everything going on.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I started last year 12/27. I am big on clearance shopping, I shop all year long.
I put all of my rebates in a savings account from December till Nov. That money is taken out in Nov and used to purchase the NEXT years gifts all year long from clearance.
I have been able to get a few thousand saved all year just from rebates. Ive been doing it that way for a few years. Once I withdraw it...I start over again.

I also save the pre-paid cards from various rebates and that gets counted in.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to famofthree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 09:09 PM

Grounded for Life

Wrangler_Gal has posted more than 300 great deals!Wrangler_Gal has posted more than 300 great deals!Wrangler_Gal has posted more than 300 great deals!Wrangler_Gal has posted more than 300 great deals!
I already have 2 gifts for my son and one for my neice!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrangler_Gal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 09:29 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!famofthree has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missdanalu View Post
We've started!

awesome deal on the scooters, our walmart had them but they never went below $15.00 and then next thing I know..they were gone.

Digital cameras will be fun!! Where did you find those??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to famofthree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 04:21 AM

Famofthree, awesome idea with the rebates! I'm going to start doing that. Thanks for sharing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aflmom For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 04:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by famofthree

awesome deal on the scooters, our walmart had them but they never went below $15.00 and then next thing I know..they were gone.

Digital cameras will be fun!! Where did you find those??
They were on 1saleaday.com. I opened one of the boxes when they arrived and they are so cute, perfect for little hands!

I love the rebate idea! It's funny because I never take advantage of after Christmas clearance because I've spent everything on before Christmas shopping we tend to go overboard.

Honestly, these kids will get so much from family that I feel the scooters and cameras are enough, but I hate not seeing the tree overflowing with gifts. I know that is the worst excuse.

I did want to get them the Nintendo 3DS but DH is pretty much not in agreement on that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 05:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!JoanJosephine has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I agree will all the above! I have a large family, but even if you are single I bet most of us would like to give more than we have money for. How fun is it to have a gift closet stocked. My problem is I end up squirreling so much away I have to be careful not to forget or overbuy things. But, really, there are always people who can use the extra these days--it is heartbreaking when I hear a child say they don't have money for a tree for instance.

To the Halloween wedding lady--go for it. Hope you find a great guy. I am reading more and more about how people love Halloween because it is fun with low stress. I think many of us have good memories too.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoanJosephine For This Useful Post: