Best Cheap Scanner/printer????

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 10:11 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
j4jac has posted more than 200 great deals!j4jac has posted more than 200 great deals!j4jac has posted more than 200 great deals!
Printer Best Cheap Scanner/printer????

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this.

I have had a great inexpensive Cannon Mp190. It prints and scans, exactly everything I need for my jobs and my coupons.
Now I ran into a problem where the printer will no longer work with just a black cartrdige, and purchasing another color cartridge may not solve the problem.

A newer version of the same printer is only like $38 at Wallyworld. Not sure now much a color cartridge is, but I am thinking it would be cheaper all the way around to get a newer printer/scanner.

I had just opened a brand new black ink cartridge.. hasn't been used.

So, before I purchase the same brand, only newer version I thought I would ask if anyone recently purchased a good printer/scanner that runs only on black ink, or is inexpensive?

Any thoughts or pointers?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 10:32 PM

RE: Best Cheap Scanner/printer????

It's good to be back!
Too busy for coupons? NEVER!

My Mood/Status:
Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Whatever you do - I do NOT! Recommend Lexmark!

iPhone user - please forgive any auto-correct errors
The Following User Says Thank You to Shashahx For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2011, 06:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Yeh I agree with the OP, I have al exmark, needed a new black ink...so i go and the thing costs 50 bucks! AHHHHH Um i'm not paying that when i could buy a new printer, so i'm in the same boat....i noticed HP and kodak have the cheapest ink cost but haven't been able to research further! buzzillions is a great site to look up reviews on almost anything!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:30 AM

loving everyone
sawstrunk

My Mood/Status:
sawstrunk has posted more than 200 great deals!sawstrunk has posted more than 200 great deals!sawstrunk has posted more than 200 great deals!
kodak...... ink is only 15.oo for color and 10.00 for black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 1 little
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
boy..... needlesss to say i have a
life...

Married to a
wonderful man for 10 years
Old 09-28-2011, 08:40 AM

COUPON EASTWOOD

My Mood/Status:
mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Have you guys tried refilling your ink cartridges . I buy my black ink in a 8 or 12 oz bottle for just 20 dollars and it works just fine . I have the canon printers from walmart also the pixma mp250 and it works just fine and have lasted a long tome also . Im able to refil about 10 times befor print quality is affected and I always refill before its out of ink .
If I let someone rob me of my kind heart and my eagerness to help people then I have let that person steal my identity , Because those are the things that make me special . Those are the thing that make me who I am .
Old 09-28-2011, 09:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
allay08 has posted more than 200 great deals!allay08 has posted more than 200 great deals!allay08 has posted more than 200 great deals!
It seems that at least with the Kodak printer the cartridges have a chip in them that counts the pages and even if you refill them it still says it's emtpy! Grrr. Also the one I have at least (cheap from Walmart) *uses* color ink to print black. Why I dont know so when the color is out it wont print ANYTHING. another GRR.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:23 AM

COUPON EASTWOOD

My Mood/Status:
mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mrscrystal23 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
the canon pixma from walmart has a reset button and if you hold it it will reset the ink light is still on but that will still allow it to print
If I let someone rob me of my kind heart and my eagerness to help people then I have let that person steal my identity , Because those are the things that make me special . Those are the thing that make me who I am .
Old 09-28-2011, 09:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have not, can you refill any cartridge? It sure is worth a try!!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:56 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle527 View Post
I have not, can you refill any cartridge? It sure is worth a try!!
Not really any more. They are now putting chips on the cartridges so that when you refill them it will still show they are empty and won't print.

If you want just a b/w printer/scanner I would suggest going with a Brother multifunction that is laser. We use one as a fax machine at our office and the cartridge lasts forever. If not a Brother then I would go with a HP. I avoid Epson, Lexmark & most of the others. If you check out a laser it will cost more initially but you will save in the long run with the cost of inkjet cartridges verses a laser cartridge that lasts for a lot longer. Also on a laser when it is near being empty take the cartridge out and shake it and put it back in and you will get quite a bit more use out of it before it is empty.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:59 AM

COUPON EASTWOOD

My Mood/Status:
The canon printer from walmart still show as empty after being refilled but if you hold the reset button for 5 seconds it resets and allows you to continue printing
Old 09-28-2011, 11:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
my lexmark is pretty old...at least 5-6 years!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:44 PM

night owl :)

My Mood/Status:
sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
i do not recommend getting the cheapest printer strictly because that often means it has the most expensive ink. We recently got an HP Photosmart Wireless All-in-one and it has been wonderful! the ink is super reasonable too which was the main reason we bought it. Look at the cost of replacement cartridges before you buy!!!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4 (NIV)