Infrared Electric Heaters

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 05:49 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Infrared electric heaters

We have been thinking about purchasing an infrared heater for our finished 600 sq. ft basement. This area also is directly below the main living areas of our rancher. I was hoping to cut out some of our home heating oil costs by doing this. Does anyone have one of these heaters? Anyone have any luck of reducing their oil bill using one of these? I am open to other suggestions too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Veronicaclare For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 08:03 PM

RE: Infrared electric heaters

Happy to be saving money!!
Still learning, but getting better!

My Mood/Status:
Minijump21 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Minijump21 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Minijump21 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Minijump21 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Minijump21 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Minijump21 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Minijump21 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Minijump21 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Minijump21 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Minijump21 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Minijump21 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
We had one, used it for a year, and gave it to Goodwill. We had it in our living room, where we spend the majority of our time. DH and I agreed we only really felt warmer when it was pointed directly at us and less than 5 feet away. And it also seriously jacked up our electric bill. That was just our experience, others may like them. We suggest a high efficiency electric heater. Again, jmo. We are both freeze babies. I have very poor circulation, and DH is severely underweight ( really good genes or bad genes, depending ), and has problems maintaining a normal body temp. I hope others respond. It would be nice to know how others feel. Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minijump21 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 08:45 PM

Climb the stairs of life and never look back.....

My Mood/Status:
marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
We bought the EdenPure about 4 years ago, we use it every winter and love it. We got the larger size that heats 1200 sq. ft I think, it is wonderful, and I don't believe the electric bill is bad at all compared to what our gas bill was. It paid for itself easily the 1st year, it was 279 I believe but that was 4 yrs ago. The only thing is they is it is important not to smoke, something about it will mess up the warranty. It's safe around animals and kids b/c it doesn't get hot but send out nice toasty warmth, it came with a remote control and you control the temp, higher or lower. The only thing is we have to make sure to have a humidifier on at night, but where it would be in your basement you shouldn't worry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." Clive James
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
"If the TRUTH makes you uncomfortable, you may want to ask yourself why this is so?"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marnimae For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 08:58 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
We bought one last winter and ended up returning it. Our electric bill skyrocketed when we were using it and it just didn't seem to heat our LR very well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarrieM For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 09:27 PM

janecar11 has posted more than 200 great deals!janecar11 has posted more than 200 great deals!janecar11 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I was going to buy two of them (Portable Infrared Heater), what brands are no good? I was looking on Amazon. Now, I think I will buy one to test out first.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to janecar11 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 07:00 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't remember what brand I bought, but I got it from a local store called "Orscheln" (farm supply type store) you might be able to look on their website to see what brands they offer. And if it helps, I think I spent about $400 on mine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarrieM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 07:22 AM

paying off debt and organizing the home

My Mood/Status:
cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marnimae View Post
We bought the EdenPure about 4 years ago, we use it every winter and love it. We got the larger size that heats 1200 sq. ft I think, it is wonderful, and I don't believe the electric bill is bad at all compared to what our gas bill was. It paid for itself easily the 1st year, it was 279 I believe but that was 4 yrs ago. The only thing is they is it is important not to smoke, something about it will mess up the warranty. It's safe around animals and kids b/c it doesn't get hot but send out nice toasty warmth, it came with a remote control and you control the temp, higher or lower. The only thing is we have to make sure to have a humidifier on at night, but where it would be in your basement you shouldn't worry.
We bought our EdenPure 3 years ago (same size) and love it!!
We have saved SO MUCH in propane!!

Yes, our electric did go up a little bit, but it cut our propane use (for heating) tremendously. We more than saved the price of the heater the first winter we used it!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I've been curious about these too!
The Following User Says Thank You to daisybelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2011, 05:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jewelfaerie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've been thinking about one of these too, or maybe two or three...as I was looking at smaller ones...I have a <700 sf house and using baseboard heating costs up to $300/mo in the winter months. I can't deal with it anymore. I don't have any other installed options as I rent. I thought maybe these would use less electricity?

Amazon.com: Comfort Zone CZHTV9 Flat Panel Halogen Heater: Home & Garden
The Following User Says Thank You to Jewelfaerie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 06:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Jewelfaerie, you do what you can afford, but I would suggest staying away from the those. We lived in a onehundred yr apt bldg, and we used these for 2 yrs, they break easy or last one season maybe two and they still are dangerous. I got the edenpure b/c it is energy efficient and no one can get burned and it does not get hot and the temp is adjustable, and you can set it to a temp and it will maintain it. Those pics of the kitties on the site, that is scary, b/c it is so close to a bed and a firehazard plus if one of those cats bumped it or jumped up on that table, scarrrryy (if you have pets) You might want to spend $300 and get something you don't have to worry about while you are sleeping. You won't regret it at all, it is worth the money and pays for itself the first year, they compared the electric cost to having a coffee maker plugged in, I am sure they make one for smaller sizes, ours heats 1200 sq ft, so you prob would need a smaller one. jmho though,

Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
"If the TRUTH makes you uncomfortable, you may want to ask yourself why this is so?"
The Following User Says Thank You to marnimae For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 07:02 PM

janecar11 has posted more than 200 great deals!janecar11 has posted more than 200 great deals!janecar11 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I was thinking of the brand lasko. I found at Lowes and that brand is highly rated on Amazon. The cost is about $200 plus I have a 10% off coupon.
The Following User Says Thank You to janecar11 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 07:05 PM

Which edenpure model do you have? Amazon has different models.
The Following User Says Thank You to janecar11 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 06:26 AM

My Mood/Status:
janecar11 It is the larger edenpure that heats 1200 sq ft. I got it about 4 yrs ago, and we actually used it for the first time this year 2 nights ago. the filter you just wash w/ soap and water and the remote still works great and I love that we can wheel it around. I think that lasko deal sounds great and sounds like a good deal. It was funny I was look at Aubuchons Hardware store and I noticed they had a twin star international infrared heater for $199.97 and I was going to let you know, but the lasko sounds like a great deal too. I just know the prices are going to go up as soon as the temp drops. Keep us posted on what you get and how you like it. Oh, do you smoke?? Remember if you do, that voids the warantee (well at least on edenpure).

Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
The Following User Says Thank You to marnimae For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2011, 07:36 PM

Just got the New Edenpure Heater Model US-1000 Made In The USA. Sears had it for $397 plus get a $50 gift card. It is for a small beach house so the next time I go to the coast, I will try out.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:12 AM

Is waitin' on the new Kroger ad!

My Mood/Status:
vhermetz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vhermetz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vhermetz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vhermetz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vhermetz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vhermetz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vhermetz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vhermetz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vhermetz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vhermetz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!vhermetz has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Just FYI, these things usually use a serious amount of electricity. Expect your bill to JUMP.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
I don't know people say it costs so much to run the infrared heaters, but I don't think so, compared to just and I mean just the delivery charge of $37 for delivery charge for gas, not the actual amt used, $1 per day is nada. But that is just me, compared to a $200+ per month gas bill, it's a drop in the bucket. I would prefer a wood burning or pellet stove but someday.....

Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS