Need Extra Money!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 01:30 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Need extra money!

My DH works FT in a 2 yr position, which is up in July 2012. He is having success so far on the job market, lots of good nibbles from potential employers, but until he earns more money, we are STRAPPED!! I am a stay at home Mom to our 3 kids ages 5, 3 and 2 months.

We have $40 in savings (pathetic I know). We pretty much live paycheck to paycheck, and the winter heating bills kill us ($250-$300/mo), and that is with keeping the thermostat at 68-70, and still feeling cold! We rent, so can't do much to the house ourselves as far as energy efficiency. Now we got a $400 car repair bill that we had to put on the credit card, and we need to save for a house downpayment!

We set budgets on groceries, toiletries, gas for the vehicles, etc. I don't even take our van out ever, unless totally necessary. So, to avoid buying gas we just don't go out. DH drives enough of a commute in his car everyday.

I don't know what else we can do, of course I coupon and try to build a stockpile. I'm good on toothpaste, razors, lotion, shaving cream, deoderent, etc. The things that are recurring purchases are baby wipes, diapers, LOTS of food. I breastfeed so fortunately don't have to buy formula. I buy clothes used for the most part, unless it is cheaper to buy on clearance. We don't have a land line, I just have a cheap $30 plan from Virgin mobile. Our other biggest expense is cable/internet- that is $130/mo. We looked into downgrading, but were not happy with the channel selection. I'd hate to cut out cable since that is seriously our only source of "fun" right now, especially with all the snow coming up, we spend months inside. We don't go out to eat, or go to theme parks, anything that costs money.

I have thought of picking up some kind of PT job, but it would have to be something I can do from home... because DH's job requires him to be on call 1-2 weeks a month, 24/7. Basically, there are times he would need to go into work at the drop of a hat, and if I am at work, then we would have no one to watch our kids, so I need to be available to them 24/7, weekends too. Also, DH works late during the week and long hours already- 60+ hours a week. He works 6 a - 6p most days.

What on earth can I do to pick up some income from home? I've done little things like ChaCha (no thanks). I am way too introverted for anything with sales, unless it is more like hand out a book type thing (no parties, etc). I have a B.A. in graphic design but am WAY too outdated to even think of picking that up. I used to work in accounts payable in a large corp office, but that is not something I can do from home.

What are some frugal things I can do?? Thanks for reading thus far if you made it!

I posted our monthly expenses a few posts down, thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Independent Thirty-One Consultant and SAHM to:
DD: 9
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DS: 6
DD: 3
and
: due in Mach 2015!

Last edited by GwenythOwensMama; 09-20-2011 at 01:50 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GwenythOwensMama For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 01:35 PM

RE: Need extra money!

My Mood/Status:
chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
What about putting an ad on Craigslist ?
When I start feeling strapped I post in the childcare section. I often make posts for a parents night out that I host at my home. Since you have children you probably have enough toys to entertain. For parents night out I offer dinner (cheap - mac n cheese) a fun arts & craft project that you can do cheaply, we short movie, and outside time.
Lots of parents are looking for a night out and if they find someone they trust they most likely will use you over and over.
I am also the neighborhood dog walker. I made posters and posted them up around the neighborhood. I walk several dogs of several different families and it actually pays quite well.
Good luck - its always stressful when you feel strapped !
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chorsegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 01:37 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok I just found my list of our expenses... This is what they looked like this month.

Gas for the house- $35
Electric for the house- $130
Student Loan- $58
Credit Card- $67
Cable/Internet bundle- $123
Hubby's Cell- $83
My Cell- $32
Life Ins for hubby- $15
Car Insurance- $81 (this is not a monthly expense)
Care Credit (we are paying off 2 dental procedures from the kids)- $60
Rent- $1100 (this was not my house choice, hubby thought we could afford it)

Our water bill comes every 3 months and is around $120
Trash is $10/mo, and comes a few times a year.

DH earns $3,541 before taxes..... $2487.16 after taxes.

Edited to add... We budget out $320/mo for groceries, $100/mo gas for vehicles, $60/mo toiletries and we actually put $40 in savings this month.

and

Last edited by GwenythOwensMama; 09-20-2011 at 01:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GwenythOwensMama For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 01:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
mefreire89 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mefreire89 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mefreire89 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mefreire89 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mefreire89 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mefreire89 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
try Craigslist like the previous poster said, I found a job babysitting & was able to keep my son with me. I worked full time and made about 160 a week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mefreire89 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 01:47 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Thanks! I like the childcare idea! I am nervous about that however... I'm not CPR certified anymore (used to be), etc, and also have only lived here for 14 months. We don't know many people or have many references.

and
Old 09-20-2011, 01:51 PM

lilypad606 has posted more than 5 good deals
You may want to try cloth diapers.... I started about 1 month ago w my 3mo old and it is so much easier than i thought it would have been and sooooo much cheaper!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lilypad606 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 01:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
For some quick cash, you could have a yard sale. If you make any crafts, you could try selling them at your yard sale. (Some ideas could be hairbows, wood crafts, jewelry, crocheting/knitting, sewing, scrapbook, etc.)

You could try selling your old clothes to a second-hand store like Plato's Closet or your kid's old clothes to a place like kid-to-kid. Generally these stores only take clothes that have been purchased in the past 12 months, though, but not always. Or try selling old media items (cds, dvds) to second-hand stores like F.Y.E. or gaming stores also often buy used games/systems (I think Mario's and GameStop both buy used video games)

Or you could try holding an auction on this site for some of your stockpile.

I totally know where you're coming from. It's a stressful situation to be in - best of luck to you!
Stay-at-Home Mommy to Andrielle (7 years) and Grayden (4 years)

Positive Thoughts
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominochic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 02:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
themamadoo has posted more than 150 good deals!themamadoo has posted more than 150 good deals!
see some good ideas here! when times were tight, i sold off mine and dh's massive cd/record collections (we went mp3s,) other items we didn't really use anymore. started with ebay, and also went to resellers like f.y.e. etc.

over the last couple years, i learned how to reduce some of our regular bills. it was a gradual transition, and one of them was eventually........ditching cable tv. but there's options to still see a lot of those shows!

Some ways we cut bills:
-Electric: Qualified for lower rates based on income and household size. Cut our bill in half. Other utilities may have income based rates as well.
-Ditched the cell contracts for prepaid phones and ipod touches (got these at tax time.) For hotspot and prepaid phone, charges are a third.
- We got rid of cable tv. Thankfully we have a strong signal for the antenna, and we supplement with netflix streaming for $10. Some people use amazon prime, or hulu plus. We got a refurbished apple tv, others use their x-box, wii or roku.
-Cable internet was cut in half by asking for promo rate for 6 months at a time. At the end of 6 months, a full bill is paid ($60-ish) and then we can request the promo rate again.
-We get movies from redbox, sometimes free. There's lots of promo codes out there.
-Negotiate with credit card for lower interest rate. To keep a valued customer, they will consider it, especially if you've had offers for credit elsewhere.

HTH
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to themamadoo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 02:48 PM

Lift while you climb

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
What are the 20 basic items your family eats every week?

Find a way to get that $320 grocery bill down to $200 and you have an extra $120 to use for something else. It might mean eating a lot of the same types of food for a while, or going "vegetarian" 3 days a week. But it looks like that and the cable bill are your biggest expenses that have some wiggle room to them.

Just saw the rent amount. It would cost a lot up front, but have you considered moving? Maybe closer to DH's work? Or to a neighborhood with 3 bedroom houses that rent for $600-800 a month.

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

Last edited by tratra; 09-20-2011 at 02:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 04:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
If you want to pursue the childcare aspect - you can get cpr certified at your local fire station for fairly cheap. I know it sounds crazy but there are also online cpr/first aid classes that you can get certified with.

I do a parents night out once every couple of months and parents pay $25 or more for the night. Its an easy $100 to help cover other expenses.

I have a girlfriend who is an AVID thrift store shopper. She goes in with a mission - name brand items, in particular, kids stuff.
She finds bumbo's, expensive shoes, name brand clothes - north face, gymboree, baby gap etc - and then she sells them all on craigslist as its free to list.
She just found 2 pairs of See Kai Run shoes that she bought for 1.99 each and sold for $14 each - easy money
The Following User Says Thank You to chorsegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 04:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
hbaqueen has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hbaqueen has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hbaqueen has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hbaqueen has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hbaqueen has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hbaqueen has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hbaqueen has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hbaqueen has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hbaqueen has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hbaqueen has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hbaqueen has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
What about direct sales? You can do parties when your hubby is home with the kids or need be even take them with you. Most have cheap start up kits. I sell Thirty-one and it was $99 and I sell Visalus weight loss and I wanna think it was $50 to start. There are others that are cheaper too.
The Following User Says Thank You to hbaqueen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 05:40 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Thanks for all the great tips!

I think I just need to quit shopping at Giant Eagle AND Aldi every week... We do eat a lot of the same things every week already, but what costs us more is stocking up on things I have coupons for at Giant Eagle and then buying all the staples we usually go through every week at Aldi- so between those 2 trips we are actually spending $80-$100/wk. I think if I JUST stuck to Aldi, then I could get our weekly bill down to $40-$50. I should realy only buy stuff at Giant Eagle if it is truly free or very close to it...

Oh, my husband is a vegetarian so I don't even buy meat! Yeah I know, we spend a lot on groceries, not even buying meat. I do buy hot dogs, turkey bacon for my son though, the kids and I do eat meat, but again, don't buy a lot of it.

As for moving, that's a no go right now. We signed a 2 yr lease, which is up July 1st 2012, that is also when hubby's job is over, so we will be moving out of state then somewhere anyway. I know, $1100 is a lot for our income, I told my husband it was a bad idea at the time, but he didn't want to look at other rental homes, and we both also wanted the house since it is in the safest neighborhood in our area. We only had 1 weekend to find a rental before we moved from TN to OH.

I think what it boils down to is being patient and waiting for hubby's income to increase when he gets a new job next yr.. until then it will be tight. With all the ideas here I think I could bring in some extra cash, maybe a yard sale. I don't know if we can since we rent though. I am taking my kids old halloween costumes to a consignment store to sell this weekend, kinda hard to part with their 1st Halloween costumes, but we need some extra cash. I still need to buy them some winter pants, shirts.

I will also look into getting CPR certified so maybe I can do some part time childcare from home.

Maybe I will pickup Avon again, even though my Mom does Mary Kay so she might not be too happy

Thanks all!!

and

Last edited by GwenythOwensMama; 09-20-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
My SIL had some success selling books and children's clothes on ebay. You could do that from home. Like the yard sale idea, maybe better things (more value) can be sold on ebay.

Maybe you could make meals just from the things already in your pantry/freezer and just buy dairy/produce? And of course whatever is free after sales/coupons. You probably have a lot of basics like beans, tuna, pasta, eggs. I always think to myself that I shouldn't even look at the grocery circulars--then I won't find things I "need". Another sale will always come around. Maybe once a month you could do that?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:08 AM

It's the stuff that dreams are made of....

My Mood/Status:
noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Great ideas here!
Have you tried getting a forbearance on the school loan or a reduced payment? It might help a bit.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:27 AM

pregnant

My Mood/Status:
alishagiggles has posted more than 400 great deals!alishagiggles has posted more than 400 great deals!alishagiggles has posted more than 400 great deals!alishagiggles has posted more than 400 great deals!alishagiggles has posted more than 400 great deals!
How about PineCone Research~ For every survey they send you and you take you get paid $3.oo its not much but every little bit helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to alishagiggles For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2011, 10:29 AM

Needs another Mega

My Mood/Status:
almatt01 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!almatt01 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!almatt01 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!almatt01 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!almatt01 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!almatt01 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!almatt01 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!almatt01 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!almatt01 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!almatt01 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!almatt01 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
There are some really great ideas up there!

I know some of the girls that work in my daycare actually do it part time, and their kids get in free/discount- depending on ages & # of kids....and they get to work. Plus, mine has a set schedule, and some of the girls cover just breaks- so that if one is missing for the day (in case DH got called into work, or one of the kids are sick)- the daycare can still run. They have a staff of about 15, and most are part time and bring their own kids.

Personally- I really feel terrible for your rent. Our mortgage is about half that- but KY and OH are different, so I know the cost of living factors in. I just cringed when I read how much you are paying in rent....
ISO: NBPR Forms
Old 09-21-2011, 10:33 AM

It's the stuff that dreams are made of....

My Mood/Status:
noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
One more thought...I understand the strong desire (almost need) for the tv channels, but I wonder if you might do something like reduce your cable package and utilize free movies from the library or free redbox/blockbuster codes? We reduced our cable package when things got tighter and haven't missed a thing. Assuming you have internet service you could also ask about downgrading your speed. Many times you are paying for a faster speed then the lines in your area will actually carry. We did that at the same time as our cable and didn't notice any change in things loading on the computers.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:28 PM

night owl :)

My Mood/Status:
sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Unfortunately, right now you are paying 44% of your income towards rent, which is really way too high. When you move, try to get a place that is 33% or lower.

I also have to comment on the cable- I know it is your only source of entertainment, but it is eating you alive and you really cannot afford it if it means putting other expenses on credit cards and not having any savings. Look into free channels, netflix, hulu and the library for cheap/free TV and movies. We have not had cable for about 1 yr now and we don't spend anything on entertainment, but we make it work by utilizing the library and free shows online. We are outside more as a result too. cutting out your cable and downgrading your internet would free up enough money to help pay off the credit cards too- you are paying $127 a month just for those, so if you can get rid of them that would definitely ease up things as well.

As far as groceries go, I would also try to cut back on those if possible. I know for me, if I try and get a ton of great stockpile items with sales and coupons, I end up spending more money. I try and shop exclusively at Aldi to keep my budget lower, unless the item is cheaper at another store (I keep a price book to track these things). Cut out all processed foods and cook frugal, cheap meals. Start calculating the cost per meal of your favorite dinners and dishes and you will be surprised how much some of them cost.

And lastly, I second the cloth diaper suggestion. I love using disposables, but sometimes we run out or run low on my stock of diapers and I revert to cloth diapering to tie us over. It is not hard at all, just a few extra steps involved. I only use prefolds and covers since that is the cheapest way to do it too. When I do buy diapers, I try to get them for 11 cents or less per diaper and for wipes I try not to pay more than 2 cents per wipe (amazon.com often has great deals on diapers and wipes BTW) just to give you an idea.

If you can bring in some more income with the other posters' suggestions, that would help immensely as well.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4 (NIV)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sugarloaf10 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2011, 01:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
mwbab has posted more than 100 good deals!mwbab has posted more than 100 good deals!
do you do any of the online rewards programs It is not a lot of income but it can help. We don't have cable at all. We do get a few channels with a digital antenna and get movies from redbox and blockbuster watch Hulu free movies etc. Have a game night instead of tv. Cloth diapers are a great idea. Home childcare for extra income. Washing clothes in cold water hanging them outside to dry in good weather or inside on a drying rack if you have the space. doing research into finding as many products free as possible, like cvs, walgreens, riteaid often have something free every week. watch freecycle for free items that you may need that someone is offering to give away. utilize the library and local parks for outings, watch for free activities in your area.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mwbab For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 07:36 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Thanks again for more great tips!

Sadly, we have the SLOWEST internet available with our provider!

I will discuss the cable again with hubby. We did look into downgrading, but the downgrade would take out the only 1 channel I like to watch. If we downgraded, then we'd have to start paying $20/mo for our DVR. We get it free now. Also, hubby likes his NFL channels too much. :-( He does fantasy football with THREE teams, yes 3. Ugh. At least he has decided to not do "man-cation" this year (vaca with his buds).

I've tried cloth, my kids always broke out with them, but I might buy 1-2 trial cloth ones with our newest baby and see how she does. We aren't having anymore babies though, so I think it might not be the best investment. The startup cost would have to go on the CC. I do buy dipes/wipes on Amazon already- if I can get them .11 or less, or .02 or less for wipes.

I know, I HATE what we pay in rent. I told hubby when we were looking at homes that this one was out of our comfort level. We underestimated how much would be taken out in his paycheck for taxes unfortunately.

I think I can really use a lot of these suggestions, you all have given me great ideas to work with, thanks AFC-ers!

I will look into Pinecone research, thanks!

mwbab- what online rewards programs? I do have Upromise, but I can never afford to shop online so I don't save much for college for my babes. I rarely, rarely shop online unless it is Amazon. Our 1 CC is an Amazon rewards card, I've received a few $25 gift certificates to use on Amazon.

and

Last edited by GwenythOwensMama; 09-22-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
cammy1821 has posted more than 200 great deals!cammy1821 has posted more than 200 great deals!cammy1821 has posted more than 200 great deals!
ebay ia also a good tool to sell some items around your house and to declutter
Old 09-22-2011, 06:51 PM

babyboos716 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!babyboos716 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!babyboos716 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!babyboos716 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!babyboos716 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!babyboos716 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!babyboos716 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
A friend of mine makes her own baby wipes. I can get the exact recipe from her but heres a link that I think is pretty similar.

Homemade Baby Wipes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyboos716 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 07:55 PM

Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Veronicaclare has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Do you use Swagbucks?

I do surveys too. There are several reliable sites. Check out the sites that have Amazon gifts cards or deposit cash directly in your Paypal account as a reward.

I second the poster above too. Wipes are very very easy to make.

Did you check with electric company too to see if there is anyway to reduce the bill? Some companies have reduced rates plan if you use during off peak hours.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Call and cancel your package deal cable, etc.....3 days before it was schedule to be canceled they called and dropped it 55% for the exact same thing. (We cited cost as the reason we were leaving)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesterrose For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 09:04 PM

is tired!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicaclare View Post
Do you use Swagbucks?

I do surveys too. There are several reliable sites. Check out the sites that have Amazon gifts cards or deposit cash directly in your Paypal account as a reward.

I second the poster above too. Wipes are very very easy to make.

Did you check with electric company too to see if there is anyway to reduce the bill? Some companies have reduced rates plan if you use during off peak hours.
I second swagbucks! I joined a few months ago and have already earned around $60 in amazon gift cards