Need Extra Money!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 07:41 AM

RE: Need extra money!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noellebrow View Post
One more thought...I understand the strong desire (almost need) for the tv channels, but I wonder if you might do something like reduce your cable package and utilize free movies from the library or free redbox/blockbuster codes? We reduced our cable package when things got tighter and haven't missed a thing. Assuming you have internet service you could also ask about downgrading your speed. Many times you are paying for a faster speed then the lines in your area will actually carry. We did that at the same time as our cable and didn't notice any change in things loading on the computers.
I call every so often and "negotiate" a lower rate/ package. The one time, i was set on getting rid of phone and Tv and they gave me an awesome package...only $20 more than internet alone. It was good for a year, and saved us about $75/mo. Now, i call everytime our pakcage expires and tell them (in not quite these words) hook me up with a deal, or I'm leaving
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 07:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!faeryedark has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenythOwensMama View Post
Thanks again for more great tips!

Sadly, we have the SLOWEST internet available with our provider!

I will discuss the cable again with hubby. We did look into downgrading, but the downgrade would take out the only 1 channel I like to watch. If we downgraded, then we'd have to start paying $20/mo for our DVR. We get it free now. Also, hubby likes his NFL channels too much. :-( He does fantasy football with THREE teams, yes 3. Ugh. At least he has decided to not do "man-cation" this year (vaca with his buds).

I've tried cloth, my kids always broke out with them, but I might buy 1-2 trial cloth ones with our newest baby and see how she does. We aren't having anymore babies though, so I think it might not be the best investment. The startup cost would have to go on the CC. I do buy dipes/wipes on Amazon already- if I can get them .11 or less, or .02 or less for wipes.

I know, I HATE what we pay in rent. I told hubby when we were looking at homes that this one was out of our comfort level. We underestimated how much would be taken out in his paycheck for taxes unfortunately.

I think I can really use a lot of these suggestions, you all have given me great ideas to work with, thanks AFC-ers!

I will look into Pinecone research, thanks!

mwbab- what online rewards programs? I do have Upromise, but I can never afford to shop online so I don't save much for college for my babes. I rarely, rarely shop online unless it is Amazon. Our 1 CC is an Amazon rewards card, I've received a few $25 gift certificates to use on Amazon.
Do you use Swagbucks for searches? i know people here can hook you up with a referral. I use it for every search , do some of their other activities and earn about $15 a month in Amazon just from them

Last edited by faeryedark; 09-23-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
mwbab has posted more than 100 good deals!mwbab has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenythOwensMama View Post
Thanks again for more great tips!

Sadly, we have the SLOWEST internet available with our provider!

I will discuss the cable again with hubby. We did look into downgrading, but the downgrade would take out the only 1 channel I like to watch. If we downgraded, then we'd have to start paying $20/mo for our DVR. We get it free now. Also, hubby likes his NFL channels too much. :-( He does fantasy football with THREE teams, yes 3. Ugh. At least he has decided to not do "man-cation" this year (vaca with his buds).

I've tried cloth, my kids always broke out with them, but I might buy 1-2 trial cloth ones with our newest baby and see how she does. We aren't having anymore babies though, so I think it might not be the best investment. The startup cost would have to go on the CC. I do buy dipes/wipes on Amazon already- if I can get them .11 or less, or .02 or less for wipes.

I know, I HATE what we pay in rent. I told hubby when we were looking at homes that this one was out of our comfort level. We underestimated how much would be taken out in his paycheck for taxes unfortunately.

I think I can really use a lot of these suggestions, you all have given me great ideas to work with, thanks AFC-ers!

I will look into Pinecone research, thanks!

mwbab- what online rewards programs? I do have Upromise, but I can never afford to shop online so I don't save much for college for my babes. I rarely, rarely shop online unless it is Amazon. Our 1 CC is an Amazon rewards card, I've received a few $25 gift certificates to use on Amazon.
swag bucks I can earn $15- 25 + a month in amazon gift cards

I do several others for either amazon or paypal.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:29 AM

My Mood/Status:
Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicaclare View Post
Do you use Swagbucks?

I do surveys too. There are several reliable sites. Check out the sites that have Amazon gifts cards or deposit cash directly in your Paypal account as a reward.

I second the poster above too. Wipes are very very easy to make.

Did you check with electric company too to see if there is anyway to reduce the bill? Some companies have reduced rates plan if you use during off peak hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom View Post
I second swagbucks! I joined a few months ago and have already earned around $60 in amazon gift cards
How do you guys earn so much on Swagbucks? I've been a member for almost 2 years now and still don't even have enough points for a $5 giftcard. How do you earn points there?
Stay-at-Home Mommy to Andrielle (7 years) and Grayden (4 years)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Positive Thoughts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominochic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 08:47 AM

mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominochic

How do you guys earn so much on Swagbucks? I've been a member for almost 2 years now and still don't even have enough points for a $5 giftcard. How do you earn points there?
I use swagbucks as a search engine and earn points that way, Im not using it consistently anymore but when I did I was getting at least 1 giftcard a month!
The Following User Says Thank You to mjlajl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 09:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
I use Swagbucks as my search enigine too, and on Fridays I can get way more (because they give out more) Amazon GCs are only 450 pts.
The Following User Says Thank You to faeryedark For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 10:22 AM

is tired!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!morgansmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominochic View Post
Whenever I want to go to a website, I just "search" it and go to it that way. I usually get at least 4 wins a day, around 35-40 swagbucks a day for searching. I am online a good bit though. I also do their surveys, and if you qualify you can earn anywhere from 50-150 or more.

If anybody here on AFC wants to try it, pm me and I can send you a referral

Last edited by morgansmom; 09-24-2011 at 10:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to morgansmom For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 10:08 PM

is thankful for AFC

My Mood/Status:
Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!
GwenethOwensMama,

I very much sympathize with your situation. Remaining a SAHM for me is a huge priority.

Here are just a few ideas. If you have a credit card with rewards, you can buy all your groceries and some bills using the card, then pay it off as soon as you can or once per month (to never pay interest). The rewards build and when you have enough, you can redeem them for gift cards. I usually get Amazon or Target and then my baby supplies are free (I usually earn a $25 card every 3 months). I have made over $200 in gift cards from credit card rewards since last year doing this. It's not much, but it helps.

The other idea is that instead of paying for cable every month, try buying the Xbox Kinect or Wii. The Kinect bundle is $300 (I think Target is giving $75 gift cards with the purchase or something like that). It really is fun for the whole family. It comes with games and you can buy more games used online. It would be much cheaper than paying cable. I completely understand that it's hard to give up the cable, especially in a cold climate, but I bet you won't miss it as much as you think. Of course, since your internet is slow, it could be tough since you probably can't watch anything on your computer.

So this post was from last month. How is it going now?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:35 AM

My Mood/Status:
jenjenholley has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jenjenholley has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jenjenholley has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jenjenholley has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jenjenholley has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jenjenholley has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jenjenholley has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jenjenholley has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jenjenholley has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Connect the xbox to your computer (really easy) and for just a few dollars a month you can use Netflix and hulu for almost all your tv needs. You have to pay for a xbox gold membership and membership to Netflix and hulu but it's only around 20$ a month verses my direct tv which is closer to 90$ there are a few shows you cant get but you can still watch on your computer unless you have a tech friends who can customize your xbox for fuller access ( I know my sisters xbox would access the Internet where mine won't but she had one of her computer friends do something to it .... I'm sure there is probably a tutorial online to " upgrade it" )
The Following User Says Thank You to jenjenholley For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2011, 10:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!
Tough love but:

Cut Cable
Reduce Husbands Cell Bill
Reduce Rent

Housing expenses including mortgage/rent, insurance, utilities, etc. should never exceed 36% of your income and you're at around 40% with the summer gas bill. With winter untilities you are at almost 50%.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaryInOhio For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 04:14 AM

My Mood/Status:
Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I'm a SAHM too looking to cut our monthly bills anyway I can too.

I called our cable company (we currently have expanded basic and internet with them) looking to lower our bill. That was 3 weeks ago. Everyday they've called me offering the same deal since then. An upgrade to our cable and internet for the same price we currently pay. I told them that was not the goal, the goal is to lower our bill, not increase what we're getting.

We are just waiting for payday to pick up a couple of Roku's for the bedrooms and we're done with cable. We already have an Xbox and a Wii. We have Netflix and will pick up Hulu Plus. This will save us $60 a month, paying for the Rokus in just 2 months. I really don't see us missing cable at all. We already watch a bunch of streaming Netflix through the Xbox, Wii and on our phones when traveling for swim meets. If you're worried about certain channels or shows, check the channel's website. Most stream the shows now days.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:38 AM

Grounded for Life

rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachellynn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you are really broke then cable just has to go. I know it sounds harsh, but if you need the money you need the money. That is a lot of money to be spending on cable/internet every month if you really are as broke as you say you are. Can you go a year without it until your husband gets a better job?

Besides that your suggestion about shopping only at the one store sounds good. Sounds like you have thought about that and it may work well.
The Following User Says Thank You to rachellynn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 11:50 PM

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I agree, cable has to go.

If you have a tv with an hdmi, sign uh for netflix and hulu and stream.
It sucks at first, but honestly, I have a very hard time getting interested in tv anymore, since I cut cable out 2 years ago.

Look at your library, they often have great movies for FREE to "rent".

There are plenty of free activities, or supremely cheap ones you can do inside, out and that others host, and since you'll save on cable, use it for the extra 5$ weekly in gas for your family activities, or even buy a bus pass if you can.

Your rent is absurd, but I support myself and my five year old on 600$ a month PERIOD. I pay real rent (not like public housing or anything) and all my bills.

It stinks, it really does but you CAN live on less.

Also, invest in some thick clothes and turn down the thermostat.

I'm a
who is a
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act
The Following User Says Thank You to Layla Stryker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2011, 10:02 AM

is thankful for AFC

My Mood/Status:
Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!
It's kind of blowing me away that everyone says the rent is so high. I'm in California and 40% of my income goes to rent and there is nothing we can change about that. Unfortunately, this is very normal here. Suz Orman once said on her show that California is too expensive and if you want to save for retirement or your childrens' college expenses, you have to move out of California. Seeing the responses here about her rent being so high really brings this to light for me.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I think the rent thing is relative that's why I didn't bring it up in my earlier post. I was kinda blown away too by all the comments on how over the top her rent was.

I live on the Texas Coast and the city in which I live I can find homes for rent for under $1100 a month (not including utilities), not any place I'd feel safe living, but I could find them.

The only place I see that the OP can really cut expenses is to cut out the cable and if not on contract, change hubby's phone to a cheaper, prepaid or something.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:06 AM

is thankful for AFC

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuit454 View Post
I think the rent thing is relative that's why I didn't bring it up in my earlier post. I was kinda blown away too by all the comments on how over the top her rent was.

I live on the Texas Coast and the city in which I live I can find homes for rent for under $1100 a month (not including utilities), not any place I'd feel safe living, but I could find them.

The only place I see that the OP can really cut expenses is to cut out the cable and if not on contract, change hubby's phone to a cheaper, prepaid or something.
Oh I didn't see your post about the rent. Same here, if we went any cheaper on rent, we would not be living in a safe place. Rent here is $1200 for a 2 bedroom and this is the median rental price in California. She hasn't updated, so hopefully things are going OK for her and she found some ways to work it out.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:04 PM

Climb the stairs of life and never look back.....

My Mood/Status:
marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Your a sahm right now so you don't have alot of free time, you prob should look into being a sitter. You would be a single parent's ideal sitter, or getting kids off the school bus and watching them a few hours (the parent can arrange the bus drop at your house if you are the sitter), or a third shift parent could drop their kid off and pick them up in the morning. I would also ask family and friends to save their cans to recycle, I am amazed at how many don't recycle but they are glad to save for you, it adds up just a bit, you could keep basic cable or save for extras for the kids...I wish you luck.

A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." Clive James
Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
"If the TRUTH makes you uncomfortable, you may want to ask yourself why this is so?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marnimae For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2011, 06:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
mwbab has posted more than 100 good deals!mwbab has posted more than 100 good deals!
Have you tried a digital antenna where you live. We have one and can pick up several local channels so although we don't have cable we do have tv shows. There is a website that you can look up the reception for your area with a digital antenna.
The Following User Says Thank You to mwbab For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2011, 06:44 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Many companies now offer Job sharing. You basically share the job with another person who also has kids. You have hers/his kids when he/she works and that person will have yours when you work.

Maybe search Job sharing and your zp code.

LOTS of companies offer on site child care. The children come to work with you and stay at day care. The cost for this where I used to work was 50 cents an hour. and like .25 an hour each additional child.

Im starting work with a new (to me) company and one of their benefits is they foot 50% of the child care bill for employees.

There also is probably programs in your state for childcare assistance. Most states are now beginning to offer such assistance.

I dont need this service but was very happy to see it listed in the benefits package. There was nothing like these things when I was a single mom. I had to tak them with me. Sometimes leaving them in the car with their game boys while I was on appointments or in a meeting.

Once school gets out you might be able to find a teen to keep the kids while you work.

Best of luck. I know ts hard to figure how to juggle but its do-able for sure.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:54 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Im a little baffled....

I see quite a few saying cut the rent and the rent is way high.
Is this true?
I looked at it and thought "She only pays $1100 rent."
and soooooo little in auto insurance. I wassurprised to see so little.

I dont think a room in a dump in NJ would be that low cost a month
Old 10-29-2011, 10:49 PM

is sick

My Mood/Status:
Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Layla Stryker has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econo-shopper
It's kind of blowing me away that everyone says the rent is so high. I'm in California and 40% of my income goes to rent and there is nothing we can change about that. Unfortunately, this is very normal here. Suz Orman once said on her show that California is too expensive and if you want to save for retirement or your childrens' college expenses, you have to move out of California. Seeing the responses here about her rent being so high really brings this to light for me.
I spend 86% of my monthly income on rent.

My income is beyond low thanks to social security.

But for Ohio, that's a high price. It's relative to where you live, I specifically move to more rural areas, because of the rent, I don't have a choice.

California... Not so much

I'm a
who is a
and landed her
and was couponing years before it became

I boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing show because it is the
and makes people act
The Following User Says Thank You to Layla Stryker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 09:01 AM

My Mood/Status:
squeaktones has posted more than 25 good deals
you probably already know about this but in case you don't the All You magazine at wal-mart in the november issue has 10 ideas where to do work from home on the internet. it's several pages long. maybe you can give it a look.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:53 AM

Grounded for Life

conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had to use cloth diapers my son was alergic to disposibles plus i think they potty train sooner they dont like the wet diapers. But yes they are lots cheaper. that would save probrably $40.00 or more monthly if they go like my grandkids did. Here aldis is no cheaper on most items i buy. I get produce -canned beets-breads and some baked goods there. But found it cheaper for most at the grocery stores. If you dont use the van take it off road and save insurances. Yes my biggest useless exspence is satalite but we live out in a secluded vally no cable or antenna reception plus mom and gary watch alot of tv with thier medical problems cant do much else. His cell looks like a useless exspence. We use trackfones and only when needed $16.00 monthly for both. And i got a $15.00 LG double minute this time and i get service at home when all my kids and friends exspensive plan phones dont here. I cut electric by switching to all florescent light bulbs $30.00 less. Save car gas by going when the old man does and shop while hes at friends or coffee shop.And yes you can cut food bills and still eat well
Pastas with cheese sauces provide grains dairy and protien ad fruits and veggies to the meal balanced . I do have a large stockpile but this week i havent used it since i found good bargains.
Breakfasts can be cheap my grandkids love crepes or thin pancakes with fruit fillings i roll the fruit i usually use canned pie filling from the dollar stores. sprinkle a little 10x sugar on it and milk. i have also used scrambled eggs mixed in bacon or sausage crumbles juice and it works for any meal really. Soup and grilled cheese. homemade corn dogs just get cheap hotdogs and jiffy mix corn muffin mix. mix it put it in a glass i use cut up shiscabob sticks can use saved popsickle or icecream sticks. just put the stick in the hotdogs and dip in the glass of muffin mix and deep fry a few minutes. I use stale bread also get aldis cheap bread dry it for crumbs and maske homemade cutlets
i use hamburger just tiny pattys pork turky or chicken sliced thin small pieces 2 eggs milk salt and pepper in the crumbs bread the meat i do about 3 to 4 layers deep fry. french frys. My kids love chicken and dumplings crock pot or stove top can use cheap chicken leg quarters cook take out and chop it up or shred it off the bones. add 1 cream of chicken soup or bullion for added flavor 1 can of drained peas and use bisquick or any bakeing mix for dumplings. cover about an hour to cook dumplings well. I buy the day befor cut meats on managers specials never pay full price for meats. Tuna noodle cassarolles. Last week with qs and store specials i bought groceries for 2 houses for 5 people 2 dogs and produce for the birds for $80.00 included milk cheese potatoes meats and produces breads moms eggo waffles 6 boxes orange juice 6 bags mars candy 2 boxes little debbie snacks tomatoes salads carnation milk pastas classico cheese and tomato sauces 6 jars 6 pastas 2 homestyle kraft mac & cheese bananas 6 furmossa tomatoes lg cans onions 5 pkg fish fillettes 2 skinless marinated chicken breasts. and another $3.03 at kmart for the bar s meats 4 hotdogs 2 smoked sausage 1 balogna and 1 cooked salami. grabbed a marked down sub rolls and hoagies .
I plan our meals around the marked down meats and shop between 11 am and 2 pm my stores marking down time for meats and produce. And we eat very well.
Another kid favorite is porcupine balls cooked rice lipton onion soup mix or generic raw hamburger an egg 1/2 can of tomato soup mix it up make balls bake 30 to 45 minutes or longer for large meatballs. 15 minutes before they are done thin the other 1/2 can of soup a little and spread over the meat balls a veggie or fruit dinner.
The Following User Says Thank You to conniel18848 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 11:04 AM

Couponing Since 05!
Coupon Addict & Lovin It!

My Mood/Status:
applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!applerama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've started making a little extra income by selling Scentsy.. every bit helps!

"Mom" to
Jonnie & Jennie
The Following User Says Thank You to applerama For This Useful Post: