Laser Printer Form Printing Coupons?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 02:28 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
laser printer form printing coupons?

Our paper today (Pittsburgh Post Gazette) has an article in it where the writer recommends a monochrome laser printer for most printing. No ink needed. Only needs the toner unit replaced very infrequently. Down side is that there is no color.
My question is...would these work for printing coupons? I see where many people print their coupons in black and white anyway.
I'm thinking it would be really nice to print as many coupons as I want without having to think about using up my ink supply.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandy M For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 02:58 PM

RE: laser printer form printing coupons?

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
marfla has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!marfla has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!marfla has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!marfla has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!marfla has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!marfla has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!marfla has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!marfla has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Yes, the toner printer works great! I use mine all the time and have never had a problem with any store taking the black & white coupons. Plus it is much cheaper to print with toner rather than ink cartridges. You go through ink much too fast!

I use an HP Laserjet 1020 and get approx. 2,000 copies from one toner cartridge. Don't by toner at office supply stores or even Sam's Club, it is much too expensive there, I buy my toner online from Tonerboss.com & it is much cheaper, around $24-$28? per cartridge, whereas anywhere else it runs $70 something at the other stores!

As a matter of fact, I just recently found 2 more used HP 1020 printers at a local thrift store, they work great, and I gave one to my sister and I'll use the other as a spare and I'll order toner online for both of us.
I have found they are very reliable machines!

Hope that helps!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marfla For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2011, 03:10 PM

happy

My Mood/Status:
kbnmatt has posted more than 10 good deals
I would like to know as well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:44 PM

Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sandy M has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marfla View Post
Yes, the toner printer works great! I use mine all the time and have never had a problem with any store taking the black & white coupons. Plus it is much cheaper to print with toner rather than ink cartridges. You go through ink much too fast!

I use an HP Laserjet 1020 and get approx. 2,000 copies from one toner cartridge. Don't by toner at office supply stores or even Sam's Club, it is much too expensive there, I buy my toner online from Tonerboss.com & it is much cheaper, around $24-$28? per cartridge, whereas anywhere else it runs $70 something at the other stores!

As a matter of fact, I just recently found 2 more used HP 1020 printers at a local thrift store, they work great, and I gave one to my sister and I'll use the other as a spare and I'll order toner online for both of us.

Hope that helps!
It certainly has helped thanks alot!
Old 09-04-2011, 04:02 PM

happy

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marfla

Hope that helps!
Thank you so much! I was contemplating this after seeing one in the staples ad last week for $80. I spend that in ink every 2 months. I am sold and appreciate all the detail you provided down to the pages and price of toner. THANKS!!

Old 09-04-2011, 04:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
onlyjackiee has posted more than 150 good deals!onlyjackiee has posted more than 150 good deals!
I bought a brothers from office depot for $49.99 laser jet works great

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup

Super mom to 3 wonderful children DS 16, DD4 and DD 7 months!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onlyjackiee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2011, 05:37 PM

Freedom!

My Mood/Status:
CMLaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CMLaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CMLaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CMLaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CMLaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CMLaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CMLaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CMLaw has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I use an OKI color laser printer but set it to black and white for coupons. I LOVE it!

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
Elizabeth Stone
The Following User Says Thank You to CMLaw For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2011, 08:04 PM

happy

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyjackiee
I bought a brothers from office depot for $49.99 laser jet works great

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
Thank you. I had forgotten to ask what price range I should be looking at. I'm going to do a little research and check back with you. More reason to LOVE AFC! You guys are so awesome. I just downloaded the AFC app to my IPhone which is SWEET! Thanks Jackiee.