Moving When You Can't Afford It?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 01:10 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!
Moving when you can't afford it?

I HAVE HAD IT WITH MY METH ADDICT NEIGHBOR!

In the past month:

I refused to give her a ride across town to pick up drugs, within 24 hours my phone line was cut. Literally.

I had to run an errand when waiting for FedEx to deliver my daughters life saving medication thats over $1200 mo just for the drug plus the box contains needles and stuff. I checked and was told if not home the driver would hold the package since its clearly labeled "Urgent medical supplies" and requires a signature. She caught the driver when he finally showed up (4 hours later then usual) and got the box and signed a false name AND removed the door tag telling me where to find it. Her husband ended up bringing me the package. There was an item missing, in 3+ years we have NEVER had something missing so I don't know if she opened and resealed the box or the pharmacy actually messed up and forgot to ship the item.

We got a German Shephard, a full grown one on the 4th of July and the neighbor is furious about it. Went off on me and threatened me "if your dog kills my dog ITS ON!". Her dog is a vicious rat terrier that will bite/draw blood on any child outside the same time it is and she lets the thing run lose so the kids cant play outside. The dog will also attack any other animals it sees.

2 days after we got the dogs she claimed the dog ripped the accordion folding between the A/C and the window seal and squeezed out a 7.5 inch opening AND then jumped back up 4 feet to get back into the house before we got home. Its sounded fishy and today finally occurred to me what really happened and confirmed my suspicions. The accordion folding is CUT the 1st 2inches then ripped! I KNEW the dog didn't get out and go back in. I think she was trying to either break in not realizing the dog was home or intentionally letting the dogs out.

2 days ago was the day she threatened me over the dogs, last night my car was vandalized Someone RIPPED the windshield molding off the car! They left with it too. I have been doing walk arounds my car 2-3 times a day since we started having problems with her worse then usual and my car was fine yesterday afternoon.

We have a stray black lab I have been feeding till the rescue can get him and 2 days ago someone stole his food dish and all (day before that they scattered his food all over in the mud but thought maybe the dog did it). Anyway, the dog has decided it lives here and its protecting us, yesterday I noticed the dog is limping bad and was GROWLING at my meth addict neighbor when she was across the street. The dog considers us his pack at this point and is protecting (wondering what he's mixed with, never seen a lab act like that), I think she damaged my car and he tried to protect it and got a good kick (I have seen her kick her own small dogs HARD)

Someone also removed the bricks blocking the hole under the back fence to keep our little dog in. The bricks were pulled from the outside of the fence, the dog weighs all of 2-3 lbs, she can't push bricks 2 ft out of the way out the gate. Found that this morning when she got out.

I have had it! Its only going to get worse! We have been here 3 years and I know this woman well enough to know it. The apts we put in for wont be ready till late Oct, I worry whats going to happen between then and now. Its $$$ to live around here, suggestions? I'm going to the police Monday to report the car vandalism (small town, they are closed on weekends) I want to move NOW but I don't see that happening. I have zero money in the bank and have to give 30 days notice to move. At least my lease is up so I'm not breaking a lease. So how does one move with no money? I have no one we can stay with either
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-16-2011, 01:22 PM

RE: Moving when you can't afford it?

nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
OH goodness--I am SO sorry to hear that you're having to deal with all that drama! I've had some 'interesting' apt neighbors in the past, but vandalizing someone's car/threatening them is over the line. What does your landlord have to say? Any chance their lease is up soon? (the Landlord might choose not to renew it if you make them aware of the problems the neighbor is causing).

I don't know that I have great advice for you (other than scouring internet for an apt that could be ready faster than October), but once you're ready to move you can gather free boxes (look on Craig's List/Freecycle to see if anyone in your area who has moved recently will allow you to come and take their leftover boxes). Between that and recruiting friends with vans/trucks to help you move, hopefully you could keep those expenses low so your cash can go to security deposit, etc.

GOOD LUCK! Hope you can get out of there soon!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nwfrugalista For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 01:26 PM

Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfrugalista View Post
OH goodness--I am SO sorry to hear that you're having to deal with all that drama! I've had some 'interesting' apt neighbors in the past, but vandalizing someone's car/threatening them is over the line. What does your landlord have to say? Any chance their lease is up soon? (the Landlord might choose not to renew it if you make them aware of the problems the neighbor is causing).

I don't know that I have great advice for you (other than scouring internet for an apt that could be ready faster than October), but once you're ready to move you can gather free boxes (look on Craig's List/Freecycle to see if anyone in your area who has moved recently will allow you to come and take their leftover boxes). Between that and recruiting friends with vans/trucks to help you move, hopefully you could keep those expenses low so your cash can go to security deposit, etc.

GOOD LUCK! Hope you can get out of there soon!!
Her lease has been up for years. Thats another thing shes pissed about, I pay almost $200 less then her a month because she never bothered to renegotiate the rent. The landlord is a management company and all they do is say "call the police, animal control, ect".
Old 07-16-2011, 01:56 PM

Madison and Ethan's Mommy!!

My Mood/Status:
mandy_renee13158 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mandy_renee13158 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mandy_renee13158 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mandy_renee13158 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mandy_renee13158 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mandy_renee13158 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mandy_renee13158 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mandy_renee13158 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mandy_renee13158 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mandy_renee13158 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
Her lease has been up for years. Thats another thing shes pissed about, I pay almost $200 less then her a month because she never bothered to renegotiate the rent. The landlord is a management company and all they do is say "call the police, animal control, ect".
I would do as the landlord says, call the police. Around here if the police get called more than 2 times within a certian period for the same thing they start billing the landlord. I don't know if that's the case where you live or not, but if it is then your landlord will eventually kick them out because of all the costs from police calls.

I would call about anything you can if she is disrupting your life, and if her dog is running wild and they have to pick it up too many times I would think they would eventually not let her have it back.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(11/24/09), and Olivia Grace
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(4/14/11)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandy_renee13158 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 02:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
mommyslh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mommyslh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mommyslh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mommyslh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mommyslh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mommyslh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mommyslh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mommyslh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mommyslh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mommyslh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mommyslh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
you could spend alot of effort to move and end up with just another crack head neighbor. they are everywhere and all of them are the same. i had a couple of them fighting and one was chasing the other with a meat cleaver. best thing to do is mind your own business and try not to make friends with them. most of my neighbors are annoying druggies or not. some of the kids just want to be our friend so they can get in our pool and they want to bring their friends too. then their are kids who throw rocks at my dogs when he is on his dog run and their mother wants to come over and ask me if i could tie my other dog up and i ask why she is in her own yard laying down and has been for 3 hours, we were outside too. the kids live up the road so why do they feel the need to walk back and forth by my house? i believe roads were invented for cars and parks are for kids. why is it people let their kids run loose thru the neighborhood?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommyslh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 02:44 PM

Grounded for Life

conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would tell the managment company for the apts to put in survailance since its pretty obvious its going to continue and if anyone gets injured the property owner can be held responsible since no action has been taken after them being informed and you and your family threatend and your kids terrorized by thier dogs. who are uncontrolled. Also you can report the dogs running loose to the dog warden and about thier vicious behavior. Personally i would have a club and let the dog bite me then sue the creeps. Of course if you are sure about the drugs you could report that and if there was as you say animal abuse report that as well and especially if you have wittnessed child abuse or if they have kids the danger from thier dogs. IF YOU HAVE ONE A VIDEOCAM might be a good idea to coceal it in the area the vandalism has ocurred. a picture is worth a thousand complaints.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conniel18848 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 03:53 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well there is a round about way to get the management company to deal with her. Start reporting everything that is wrong with that house to the code enforcement department in your city/county. You do not have to give them your name or address. Just report it everytime the grass is 1" to tall, report peeling paint, tall weeds any thing you can think of including cars parked improperly. Become a pain in their side will force the management company to deal with her.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 06:01 PM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I can so empathize with you - I was leaving for work one day and got pushed back inside by the swat team. It took three months of calls about the drug dealing and funny smells. She was also a nutcase, I guess it's the drugs. She called the cops on me bc her dogs got out?! The cop was laughing.

Sadly I own this house and it's all riff raff all the time over there.

Have you tried your place of worship? Maybe somebody has an empty place you can stay for a couple months?
The Following User Says Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 06:20 PM

coffeebean37 has posted more than 1 good deal
if you feel that it is your families best interest you can contact your local department of human services and they normally have a list of agentcies that help people with rent and deposits. also if you belong to a church they may be able to by asking anyone in the congergation who may be able to help with a truck or know of a place open now in a good neighbor hood or they may have an emergency fund available. I would also document any time you notice something and need to call the police/animal control and what action took place. this way you have proof for landloard and insurance company if need be. good luck and stay safe.
The Following User Says Thank You to coffeebean37 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 07:00 PM

Grounded for Life

conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!conniel18848 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Good luck whatever you have to do. I tried town liveing once and hated it. Its the country with no close nieghbors for me. Lovely 8 foot rose of sharon make a front yard fence with wood lot on the other 3 sides. 1,000.00 feet from the road deck and pavillion along with the shade house are surounded by wisterias-trumpet vines-dutchmans pipe-climbing hydrangias-silver lace and honeysuckle vines. we can sit on the deck or patio with our liveing fences for privacy and enjoy the watergarden listening to the waterfalls.
No nieghbors for 1/4 mile.
Then the gas wells came cut down most of the woodlot behind the house, destroyed our peace and privacy with the machines and hundreds of trucks rumbling around 24-7.
Had to quit grilling and eating outside with gas workers standing on the man made dirt mountain they call a platform. That now washes clay and mud down on us so i have to hose down the patio after a rain storm. And we get a dust cloud from the dirt washed down every time we mow. And its costing a fortune to keep lineing up our cars and tires and exhaust not counting the hole in my gas tank from the nightmare they call a road now.
And oh yes yesterday i backed out of my driveway and almost got stuck in a big hole from a cave in of the roadway in front of my house.
Here at least the meth dealer was 1/2 mile up the road and i didnt know it until he blew up the house killing him.
What im saying is fight for your rites and protect your family any way you can because yes you dont know what you will get with a new place. IT could be worse.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conniel18848 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 10:46 AM

Grrr.. she called CPS! Of course they showed up when the house is messy because we've been dealing with the stomach flu for a week and I was catching up on all the laundry still (had 3 baskets full waiting to be folded and put away) and still catching up on dishes (was down to just 1 side of the sink plus pans on the stove when they showed up). She reported my house was really really filthy. They looked and said its not filthy, just messy, finish the dishes and get the laundry done and we'll be back Monday to check.

I actually laughed at one of the complaints, I "have no food in the house". I showed him my pantry and I have a 2-3 month supply of food. The only thing we need to buy on a regular basis is fresh produce. Freezer is packed with meat. Pisses me off though, I have been giving her food to feed her children on a regular basis for a long time yet she claimed "I have no food". Yes, I no longer share my food with you, you I dont share with people who make my life hell vandalizing my stuff. Anyway, he laughed and said, ok, thats unfounded! She is the one who has bare cupboards and fridge, literally.

She claimed my kids were not receiving medical care when they are extremely medically fragile, I was withholding medical care, ect, what ever! and even claimed one of my daughters birth defects was the result of abuse! So I got to explain their medical history, dx's and who their Dr's are and when they go again for check ups. That nullified the no medical care excuse though I know it probably looked bad that I didn't take them to the Dr for the stomach flu, I saw no reason since it wasn't severe and they showed no danger signs/dehydration.

I guess she had a problem with my kids being homeschooled and reported educational neglect, I happily showed them the proof that my girls attend a public charter school. They had no problem with it.

I was pretty freaked out at 1st but they were here about an hour talking and said they dont really see any problems outside the laundry and dishes which is not a big deal, just get it done.

Still, pisses me off!

More "bad luck" has happened, she keyed my car! I have it on video tape her saying she was going to do it but since its not "really deep gouges" and I don't have video of her committing the crime the police wont do anything about it.

Someone broke our water main, can't help but notice it happened in the morning and she was out all day and only returned after it was fixed. She is never gone all day, she's home most of the time.

Her dog attacked mine when I opened the door and she peaked out and jumped on me trying to continue to attack my dog when I picked her up during the chase. ( I called animal control and that day she keyed my car) I was actually injured in the process and twisted my back trying to keep my dog safe.

It appears she made up stuff and raised so much hell to management about how horrid my dogs are that I came home to a 3 day notice to get rid of the dogs or move and man they were rude about it.

I still can't figure this one out, someone drained my radiator Thursday night but there is no signs of it from the outside on the driveway. No fluid or white powder on the cement. One day it was fine, the next morning it over heated within minutes of starting it No signs of a leak either. I know this one sounds crazy but these things dont just dry up over night on their own.

I feel like I'm living on a Jerry Springer episode and I just can't take it anymore.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:25 AM

CRAZY

My Mood/Status:
prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My God Satori! Please, what state do you live in?
I have a meth head and probably "maker" around the corner from me on my private road.
One of the people in the house is on oxygen and every week a medical delivery truck goes there, presumably to exchange tanks, etc. But I noticed that within an hour of the truck being here, there is a huge increase in traffic going by my house to get to his. And its usually very expensive cars that go to him and stay about 2 minutes, then go flying back out the road. There's only 8 houses on the road, so I know everyone's cars. KWIM?
(I think the medical truck driver is also supplying them with something other than oxygen!!) We had a lot of trouble with these nasty people in the past, but NOTHING like you are going thru!
I feel so bad for you. You sound like a super nice person who doesn't deserve any of this BS.
The call to CPS would have really made me go off on her!Maybe you should call them them on HER.

OP's have made some sensible comments as to how to possibly get out of there. I wish you well.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:48 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I'd have my video camera in hand every time I went outside (and maybe even through the windows), and I'd call the police often. I'd call CPS, code enforcement, my city council member, and whoever else seemed appropriate. I'd report EVERYTHING! The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cadnil For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadnil View Post
I'd have my video camera in hand every time I went outside (and maybe even through the windows), and I'd call the police often. I'd call CPS, code enforcement, my city council member, and whoever else seemed appropriate. I'd report EVERYTHING! The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
I am, I turn on the camera on my phone when she knocks on my door or when I go outside. Thats how I got the bit about the car keying on video. I already called CPS 2 weeks ago after AGAIN finding out they were out of food and had been for 2-3 days and her 10 year old hadn't eaten ANYTHING AT ALL all day and it was 4pm already (I did feed the child dinner after finding this out) and she said they didn't get paid for another 2 days. She should have had food, I took her to 2 different food banks the week before and she had a months worth of food plus you can get fresh produce/deli/dairy daily at one of the food banks in town. I'm guessing she's trading the food for drugs. When I talked to the police they knew who she was and said she's doing more then just meth but they couldn't tell me what and that she's mentally unstable which I already knew. I also told them about her bragging about how she gets out of her drug testing. I'm waiting for a surprise drug screen so she doesn't have time to run to the dentist and sooner or later she will run out of teeth but I'm sure she will find some other loophole.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I may be able to help you if you are close to me. You must document every bad thing that happens with the police and talk to your management company. In some states the landlord can be in trouble with too many police calls, then he will have to take action.
Please do not do what Slance suggested with codes, that is just wrong if the landlord has a management company he should not be in trouble when he doesn't know.

My computer room is now a coupon room
Old 07-24-2011, 12:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gloriaob has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Forgot to say, messing with your delivered package is a really bad thing, you should have called the delivery company and chewed them out then called the medical company and told them to make sure their delivery company understands that you only are to sign for the package.

My computer room is now a coupon room
Old 07-24-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriaob View Post
Forgot to say, messing with your delivered package is a really bad thing, you should have called the delivery company and chewed them out then called the medical company and told them to make sure their delivery company understands that you only are to sign for the package.
I did and they put out a note for my address for any packages that come through FedEx Express are to only be accepted by me at my address and not my neighbors since any package coming overnight is more then likely meds. I had to laugh, when I called the pharmacy he asked me did my neighbor look like a crack head or something to make me worry? Told him yes! , he wasn't sure what to say to that .
Old 07-24-2011, 01:33 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriaob View Post
I may be able to help you if you are close to me. You must document every bad thing that happens with the police and talk to your management company. In some states the landlord can be in trouble with too many police calls, then he will have to take action.
Please do not do what Slance suggested with codes, that is just wrong if the landlord has a management company he should not be in trouble when he doesn't know.
You have obviously not had to deal with renters from hell living next to you. Sometimes the ONLY way to get them to stop renting to people like this is to make their life a living hell - they don't have a problem making yours a living hell so payback is due. It is basically Karma biting them where they need it most in their wallet. Trust me we have tried calling the police on the renters but it does no good. Even after the DEA showed up and tore the house apart due to the drug lords living there they kept renting to people like that. We finally got so many code violations against them they had to just about tear the house down to fix all the violations. I am not the only one that was reporting them - it was a total of 12 homes on our street that only has 13 houses on it - so it obviously isn't us it is them. Due to all the violations and the drug dealers they now have to go through the police department and get a history on future renters - if they so much as have a outstanding parking ticket they are a no go. Much quieter in our neighborhood.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:51 PM

Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!Brutuses has posted more than 200 great deals!
I learned a few years back the best neighbors are the ones who I wave to and nothing more. Sounds like you got mixed up with a real nutso. I don't undersand why anyone would even hold a conversation with someone who is a known drug addict, just call me a snob.

If a delivery driver leaves your package with someone other than you without your permission, the driver is held responsible. Tough lesson for some driver's who are too lazy to make that second trip back when you're available. They are breaking the rules when they do that sort of thing.

Good luck with your move.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:22 PM

Nicolelynae82 has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori

I am, I turn on the camera on my phone when she knocks on my door or when I go outside. Thats how I got the bit about the car keying on video. I already called CPS 2 weeks ago after AGAIN finding out they were out of food and had been for 2-3 days and her 10 year old hadn't eaten ANYTHING AT ALL all day and it was 4pm already (I did feed the child dinner after finding this out) and she said they didn't get paid for another 2 days. She should have had food, I took her to 2 different food banks the week before and she had a months worth of food plus you can get fresh produce/deli/dairy daily at one of the food banks in town. I'm guessing she's trading the food for drugs. When I talked to the police they knew who she was and said she's doing more then just meth but they couldn't tell me what and that she's mentally unstable which I already knew. I also told them about her bragging about how she gets out of her drug testing. I'm waiting for a surprise drug screen so she doesn't have time to run to the dentist and sooner or later she will run out of teeth but I'm sure she will find some other loophole.
I don't understand after all the problems you are taking her to food banks?!? I understand wanting to do the right thing and not allow a child to go hungry but maybe at some point this child should be put first by you calling cps. I'm sure it would be founded if all you say is true.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolelynae82 View Post
I don't understand after all the problems you are taking her to food banks?!? I understand wanting to do the right thing and not allow a child to go hungry but maybe at some point this child should be put first by you calling cps. I'm sure it would be founded if all you say is true.
I took her to the food bank before I realized it was her that cut the phone lines. The rest of the crap started after the food bank. She ended up calling CPS on me in retaliation for getting the dogs and described my house as something you would see on Hoarders or Cops, claimed my medically fragile kids were not getting medical care and the one that really made me mad, she reported my just turned 5 yr old "inappropriately touched her 10 yr old daughters private areas". The girl would flip out anytime someone would touch her butt, my daughter thought it would be funny to run by and kiss her butt. She of course flipped out and gave her the reaction she was looking for (I'm gonna have my hands full when she's older, she's only 5 and already does stuff to get reactions out of people) This all happened a couple of months ago, I remember it because the crazy lady went off on me over it. CPS just rolled their eyes when the other kids backed up what happened. It was unfounded and case closed but man it made me mad! She even complained that I took my child off powerful psych meds and put her on vitamins trying to make me look like a bad mom. I just explained that was because my child has pyroluria which is cureable with vitamins and not treatable with drugs. The public health nurse was thrilled and made sure I knew it was my right to treat my kids medical issues how ever I wanted and they couldn't really do anything about it unless it was life or death and then it would take a court order even then.

Anyway, CPS knows who the crazy lady is and the worker handles this area and said he would try to intercept any further reports from her since its a clear case of retaliation and no signs of abuse or neglect.

oh yeah! I also had "no food in the house". I showed them my stockpile, they were impressed
Old 08-07-2011, 07:00 AM

This is me when a find a great coupon

My Mood/Status:
coupiez4me has posted more than 300 great deals!coupiez4me has posted more than 300 great deals!coupiez4me has posted more than 300 great deals!coupiez4me has posted more than 300 great deals!
I thought you were talking about my old neighbor when I first started reading your post !! I guess they are all the same. I was going thru the same garbage last year. They have a way of sucking you into their madness of a life before you even know what hit you!,my blood pressure was out of control,had to start meds,the whole thing was a literal nightmare.I feel for you and your family. I moved last Dec and it has been like Heaven.These people make normal people so crazy I even had to tape my gas cover and wrote on it so I could tell when she was stealing all my gas,I told the owner how in the h@#$ do you run out of gas 4 times in one week in your own garage!!!!! Her answer maybe you thought you put gas in.OMG I couldnt believe that I didnt get any backup support from the owner. I think the owners and property mgrs are scared of them...Anyway I hope something good happens for you and soon.. These people are MAD and so are all the people around them so please take care
Old 08-07-2011, 07:28 AM

pregnant

My Mood/Status:
alishagiggles has posted more than 400 great deals!alishagiggles has posted more than 400 great deals!alishagiggles has posted more than 400 great deals!alishagiggles has posted more than 400 great deals!alishagiggles has posted more than 400 great deals!
I cannot believe what you are going through, I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:04 PM

is always on the lookout for Panda Bears!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Does the child next door go to school? It might be worth a confidential call to the school counselor and express your concern that the child isn't eating, and there is evidence of drug use in the home. THEY can be the one to report them...

If you are considering moving I would spend some time driving by the new place, sit in the parking lot, talk to the neighbors BEFORE you move in. Talk to the housing authority in our area and find out YOUR rights. Like the other poster stated, document every call to the managment company, the police, etc. I don't know if it would help but have you considered a restraining order against her? Her threats and actions certainly would qualify.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers too, good luck and lay low with the neighbors.

I am so far behind I think I'm First!