Frugal Funnies

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 09:24 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Frugal Finder

My Mood/Status:
Ginger Lea has posted more than 100 good deals!Ginger Lea has posted more than 100 good deals!
Dance Frugal funnies

I am thinking that alot of us have funny stories about when we tried to be frugal, what are your stories? My mother's frugal story that we can now laugh at, now being the key word. I grew up with a single mother and money was really tight. One time she saved all of the pieces of soap and tried to melt them in the microwave into a new bar..and the microwave was ruined, OUCH...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ginger Lea For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 07:37 AM

RE: Frugal funnies

My Mood/Status:
OnyxRDragon has posted more than 200 great deals!OnyxRDragon has posted more than 200 great deals!OnyxRDragon has posted more than 200 great deals!
My Grandmother tells me this story once in awhile:
A long, long time ago when she was still young and recently married, so wanted to make cherry pie with some cherries she had. Well, she didn't quite know how to make a pie and just had the notion that the cherries need to go inside a pie crust. So she lays out the pie crust and then fills it with cherries. Nothing else, just cherries. She covers it and bakes it. Well, when she pulled out the pie, it rattled Needless to say she threw it out before anyone found out
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OnyxRDragon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 08:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I used to save grey water in a bucket in the shower. I would use the water for watering plants or flushing the toilet. BTW, Dh thought I was nuts. Well once a cap from a shaving gel container fell in the bucket and I did not know. UNTIL, I poured the water in the toilet to flush it and the cap came out and clogged the toilet! Dh had to replace the toilet because it was stuck where we could not get the cap! Trying to be frugal cost me big that day!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdmom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 08:47 AM

Frugal Finder

My Mood/Status:
Ginger Lea has posted more than 100 good deals!Ginger Lea has posted more than 100 good deals!
Ouch..we try don't we..Thanks for the story cd mom.
Mother to Anna
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We have 2 cats, Edie and Chloe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger Lea For This Useful Post: