Lowering Utility Bills

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 07:05 AM

RE: Lowering Utility Bills

is always on the lookout for Panda Bears!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I thought of another water bill saver, if you belong to the gym, SHOWER THERE, especially if you have kids that like to lygag in the shower!!! I go to work out three times a week, DD swims while I work out, then we shower using their water bill!

When I worked FT I would go to the gym first, workout then shower, change into my work clothes and go! It will really save on your water bill.

Same with electricity, when it is really hot and I want to save $$$$, turn the temp down at home, then go to the pool, the mall, the library, Barnes and Noble, anywhere that is cool and you aren't paying the bill...One or two trips a week will make a difference in the summer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I am so far behind I think I'm First!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-01-2011, 12:19 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

LetaB has posted more than 200 great deals!LetaB has posted more than 200 great deals!LetaB has posted more than 200 great deals!
Yeah, we have a couple friends who work at places with showers and their water/electric bills are insanely low.

One guy we know works 18 miles from the power plant (where he works). He bikes to work. 36 miles, 5 days per week. He has showers at work. He's in killer shape at 50+. No need for gym membership OR a high water bill!
The Following User Says Thank You to LetaB For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2011, 04:57 PM

aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
We received a pleasant surprise the other day. We had been with Verizon for TV, telephone, and internet for ~$95/month. One of our promotions was due to end, and they wouldn't renew it so we cancelled our service. We then went with Bright House which was going to run us around $110 a month.

We also ended up talking to Verizon again, and because we were now a "new" customer they could give us some discounts, so back to Verizon we went. Well, we ended up getting a $198.+ credit from Bright House. Part of it was the $110 we gave for the first month's payment. The rest was due to a "free month's service" (prorated for our actual use) due to the terms of the original contract. So we ended up making money on the deal. It helped make up the the aggravation of switching back and forth.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 AM

My Mood/Status:
Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Pilothillcoupons has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
We have propane that is way out of control! I had natural gas in our old house and knew it was so much cheaper than electric so when this house was built we asked for gas BIG MISTAKE. Remember if you are moving in rural area gas usually is propane which is very expensive. Winter months we spend $300 to $400 a month and I am most conservative there is! We use our fireplace and have furnace set to 60 to 65 and 50 at night (just so pipes dont freeze) unless we have company. We wear lots of sweater and hubby wears long jons haha. Someday we will buy a wood burning stove to replace fireplace which will be more efficient.
In the summer ours about 100 degrees I have my husband spray his head down with cold water from hose before coming in house after working outsiide or he will crank the air way down when if he just cools down for second he will be comfortable. also we close the blinds during day. Cook on turkey roaster plugged in outside or barbque . we also cook in oven but try to cook alot when I do so I can heat with microwave so when needed and run oven only once.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Goonies never say die...

My Mood/Status:
lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lisbell has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
The efficient shower heads are great! They increase the water pressure for you but decrease the amount of water used. Try to find one that is less than 2.5 gallons per minute!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I bought new shower heads for my master bath (1 overhead and 3 body shower sprays) and I found the new water savings shower heads to be lacking. A small drill bit opened them up a bit more. If the pressure is higher I take shorter showers. Besides, I never hit our 2500 gallon minimum in a single month. If I did I'd be checking for leaks.

Sent from my iPad using AFullCup

Old 07-08-2011, 04:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
We have been on a "Time Advantage Plan" with the electric company for the last 14 years. During the weekdays from 9PM-9AM and on weekends from Friday 9PM-Monday AM our cost is .04 per kilowatt hour. From 9AM-9PM the cost is .14 kilowatt hour, during weekdays. We do all of our laundry and run the dishwasher during off peak times. We turn our AC down to 74 on the off peak times. During on peak times the AC is set on 78. So the majority of our usage is off peak, but during the summer the highest is $350 for 2-3 months. You can check with your local electric company and see if they have any type of progam like this. EVERTHING is sooo expensive anymore! Good luck.