Who's Doing Dave Ramsey And What Step Are You On??

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 08:05 PM

RE: Who's doing Dave Ramsey and what step are you on??

hasn't found any good deals lately
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Just found out work is going to pay to go to the seminars for I think it's 12 weeks..
so excited

Kroger (Dillons)... Southwest Region
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 02:08 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

hannahgail001 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hannahgail001 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hannahgail001 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hannahgail001 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hannahgail001 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hannahgail001 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hannahgail001 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hannahgail001 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hannahgail001 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hannahgail001 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hannahgail001 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I've never done Dave Ramsey's plan, but I do see several points that I agree with. I've got a hold on his book at the Library. I'm really interested in reading it.

I'm super budget-minded. We've been paying off cc debt/car loans and each month our total debt does go down, but I want it to go away completely, quickly & forever!!!

I love reading everyone's stories. Great inspiration!
The Following User Says Thank You to hannahgail001 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 05:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerphile1 View Post
I did listen to Dave Ramsey until my local radio station changed his broadcast time.

Beemer: Don't think you're bragging...just showing the rewards of hard work and determination. Congrats!

BTW, I can't get Dave on any local radio station in my area, but I can listen to him live on my pc or I often listen to his archived shows at night on my pc as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to MyGalAlly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 06:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
slcjward has posted more than 200 great deals!slcjward has posted more than 200 great deals!slcjward has posted more than 200 great deals!
We got FPU this past week and I have step 1 done. So we are on Step 2. I am paying off my Jewelry card tomorrow. Woo-Hoo!!! However, it will still be a long road but at least that won't be a weight on my shoulders anymore.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:45 AM

raggammuffin has posted more than 10 good deals
we completed FPU this past december and have not been able to complete baby step one even. were were doing great building up that emergency fund, but then an emergency came a long. but praise God my husband got a slight increase in salary and we are able to get back in full motion again. hopefully we can get back on track by honoring God with our financial decisions.
The Following User Says Thank You to raggammuffin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 10:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
AnnoyinglyDomestic has posted more than 10 good deals
Thank God for the "KISS" common sense of Dave Ramsey. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the little details that I find myself in a planning nightmare (I love my details, my lists, and my plans - I'm the nerd in the family). I always make it harder than it has to be and he really pulls me back into orbit. We're on BS2 still, but not for much longer and we're SO. STINKIN'. EXCITED. about our future after watching the FPU DVD's that we're like Gazelle on steroids. I'm so excited to be into investing now that I understand Mutual Funds (again, I was making it too hard).

On a slightly different note, since we're both on the same page with the same goals now, DH and I are much closer. We were already close, but this has boosted us into an entirely different level. Good stuff.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:26 PM

beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBlossom View Post
I got Financial Peace yesterday at the library. It is so sad that this book was written in the late 80ies-early 90ies, and it is just as applicable, if not more, now then it was then. Just goes to show that we humans never learn...
If you listen to his radio program he likes to say that he gives the same advice that your grandmother did. Good sound financial principles don't change and aren't exclusive to Dave R or any other adviser.

I think the financial situation for many people has gotten worse over the years. Back in the fifties credit cards didn't exist. You might have a home loan, car loan, or a line of credit at the local store. Now credit is everywhere and easy to acquire. The easier it is to get -- the easier it is to abuse and get out of control.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beemerphile1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 01:34 PM

beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!beemerphile1 has posted more than 200 great deals!
On the emergency fund question. Three months, six months, nine months. You should set your goals on what makes you comfortable. The best emergency fund isn't the same for each person.

If there are two incomes in the household and they are are separate employers the emergency fund can probably be smaller. You would be unlikely to lose both incomes at once. On the other hand if there is only one income the emergency must be larger because loss of income might be 100%.

You also shouldn't count on unemployment insurance. That will help if the wage earner is laid off but what if the income stops due to accident or illness? No unemployment for that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beemerphile1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggammuffin View Post
we completed FPU this past december and have not been able to complete baby step one even. were were doing great building up that emergency fund, but then an emergency came a long. but praise God my husband got a slight increase in salary and we are able to get back in full motion again. hopefully we can get back on track by honoring God with our financial decisions.
Don't waste time but get back into it right away. Don't be discouraged, you CAN do it!

They are called baby steps because they are small that anyone can do. Cut the cable, cut the cell phone, have a yard sale. Don't go to bed tonight without having a plan on what you are going to do and how you are going to do it. Take those little steps and you will succeed!

Q. Do you know how to eat an elephant?
A. One bite at a time.

Old proverb; Even the longest of journeys starts with one step.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beemerphile1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 10:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
andreana01 has posted more than 200 great deals!andreana01 has posted more than 200 great deals!andreana01 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisepsmith View Post
We did Dave years ago and made the call and let my 5 year old say WE ARE DEBT FREE!!! We were his family of the month last April for the Spring Newsletter. This is our story... not a coupon SITE don't be alarmed: Herald-Journal - Google News Archive Search
Wow, congrats! What an accomplishment, and your house looks adorable!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:19 PM

night owl :)

My Mood/Status:
sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I know this thread is a bit old, but I thought I would continue with it.

We are currently on BS2, trying to pay off our student loans, the only debt we have ever had. These stupid things are beasts, but little by little we are chopping away at it. We've been doing this plan for about 1.5yrs now and just made up a gameplan to be completely debt free by this time next yr! (and hopefully even sooner!) I am so excited and just in a get it done mode. Every penny has become important to me and that has never really sunk in before now. Good luck on all those working the steps and congrats to those who are done!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4 (NIV)
The Following User Says Thank You to sugarloaf10 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 01:26 PM

Goonies NEVER say die!

My Mood/Status:
nearwhiterock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!nearwhiterock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!nearwhiterock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!nearwhiterock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!nearwhiterock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!nearwhiterock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!nearwhiterock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!nearwhiterock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!nearwhiterock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!nearwhiterock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!nearwhiterock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Bump!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If I owe you FB, it would be SUPER if you would LMK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.