Can I Use My Daughter's ID?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 11:33 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
HapkidoRN has posted more than 25 good deals
Can I use my daughter's ID?

I posted this earlier, but I think I did it in the wrong place...So...
I am divorced, but my 3 year old daughter has an ID. Can I use it to shop at the commissary?
Thanks
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-18-2008, 12:08 PM

RE: Can I use my daughter's ID?

Deal Diva!

My Mood/Status:
Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I would assume so, as long as she is with you.

I had my father come visit, and when he and my daughter would go off base or shopping, all they had to do was show my daughter's ID.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Anissa (Queen of the Castle)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Jon (The 'MAN' of the house)
- Micahla (14)
- Aden (2)
"We may not have it all together, but together We have it all"

PLEASE USE THE THANKYOU/REP+ BUTTON IF YOU'VE FOUND MY POST HELPFUL AND/OR INSPIRING.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anissa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2008, 12:42 PM

Ready to go shopping!

My Mood/Status:
jcoy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jcoy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jcoy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jcoy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jcoy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jcoy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jcoy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jcoy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jcoy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jcoy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jcoy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Id

Even if you do use her ID, you can't purchase anything. The person doing the purchasing has to have the ID holder and I don't think they would allow you to purchase the groceries for your daughter. I was behind someone in line and I think the mother was there with her daughter, who was the ID holder (daughter looked to be in her 20s). The mother was buying the groceries and the cashier would not take the money from the mother since she was not the ID holder. She gave it to the daughter, who then gave the cash to the cashier and then it was accepted. (a little ridiculous)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcoy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2008, 12:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thank you kindly for the response!
Old 06-18-2008, 12:52 PM

Deal Diva!

My Mood/Status:
Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Anissa has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
That is ridiculous! I couldnt tell you how many times I have gone to the PX or the shopette to get cigarettes, My husband asks/pays for them and *I* show my ID. Alot of time when we get groceries at the commissary... I give the coupons and show my ID and my husband pays from his wallet.

How would they know that the Mother (without ID) isnt purchasing the groceries for her daughter (with ID)?

- Micahla (14)
- Aden (2)

PLEASE USE THE THANKYOU/REP+ BUTTON IF YOU'VE FOUND MY POST HELPFUL AND/OR INSPIRING.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:10 PM

amm has posted more than 100 good deals!amm has posted more than 100 good deals!
You could call the commissary and ask them. My guess would be that you can't shop there unless you were married for 20(+) years to the service member (based on my understanding of who is entitled to commissary privileges.) Kids don't always need IDs at young ages but do if there is a divorce and they need the ID for medical care. My three kids are all under 6 and they don't have IDs. Please let us know what you find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to amm For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2008, 01:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I'd be surprised if they let you on base with just your daughter's ID! I know the ones I've visited recently have really cracked down...
Old 06-18-2008, 01:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I know for a fact that you CAN shop there with her ID. I used to be a cashier there and it's a lot more common than you would think. I think the only restrictions are that you can't buy alcohol or tabacco (because obviously your daughter couldn't consume those) Depending on how tight security is you might have to get yourself a visitors pass before you're allowed onto the base. But you CAN shop at the Commisary & the NEX (or whatever store it is depending on the branch of service) hth
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chunkymonkeesmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2008, 02:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandiedq View Post
I'd be surprised if they let you on base with just your daughter's ID! I know the ones I've visited recently have really cracked down...

Actually, here you can get on base with just a driver's license, NO military ID, no DOD sticker on the vehicle.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
wow- where is "here" HapkidoRN? I am waiting for them to require blood samples at our base.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lattegirl View Post
wow- where is "here" HapkidoRN? I am waiting for them to require blood samples at our base.
For the sake of security, I'll say Northern Florida....
The Following User Says Thank You to HapkidoRN For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2008, 07:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HapkidoRN View Post
Actually, here you can get on base with just a driver's license, NO military ID, no DOD sticker on the vehicle.
My dad is at Redstone Arsenal (Huntsville, Alabama)--it is impossible to get on base there!
Old 06-18-2008, 08:15 PM

is sewing.

My Mood/Status:
orangegrove7 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!orangegrove7 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!orangegrove7 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!orangegrove7 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!orangegrove7 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!orangegrove7 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!orangegrove7 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!orangegrove7 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My 2 year old's ID says "exchange" under Priveledges.

Single Mom to my 5 year old DD

I
AFC
Old 06-18-2008, 10:50 PM

Deal Diva!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Yep.. here too. Just a drivers license and proof of insurance. (Upstate NY)

- Micahla (14)
- Aden (2)

Old 07-16-2008, 06:24 AM

loves a good bargain.
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
JavaMomma has posted more than 400 great deals!JavaMomma has posted more than 400 great deals!JavaMomma has posted more than 400 great deals!JavaMomma has posted more than 400 great deals!JavaMomma has posted more than 400 great deals!
This I know because I was divorced from Military (air force)

You may have commissary priviledges using your child's id card only if the amount of Child Support is 50% or more of your total income.
(now this was 15 years ago, but that was the "ruling" then. I tried to keep priviledges and my this was the information my lawyer found out for me.

Since his child support was only a small part of my income (I teach full time) I did not get to shop at the base. I wish I had this site way back then to help me learn to shop the real world.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:44 AM

fished cutting coupons and is organizing them

My Mood/Status:
NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
This is what I found by googling.....it makes NO sense to me. The commissary wouldn't loose any money from you shopping there.
Here's what I found:

Commissary

Children, Under and Over Age 21 - Unmarried children, under age 21, of eligible sponsors are entitled to commissary privileges if they reside in the household of the sponsor, or in one maintained by the sponsor. In addition, the sponsor must be providing over 50 percent of their support. The same holds true for children over age 21 that qualify as students or incapacitated children. Incapacitated children's residency is verified through a dependency determination.

NOTE: In the case of a final divorce, children residing in the household with a former spouse who is not entitled to commissary privileges are not eligible for commissary privileges. Specific reference for access to commissary privileges for children are listed in AFI 36-3026(I), Identification Cards for Members of the Uniformed Services, Their Family Members, and Other Eligible Personnel, table A2.1., and DoDI 1000.13, 5 Dec 97, Identification (ID) Cards for Members of the Uniformed Services, their Dependents, and other Eligible Individuals. This restriction is contained in DoD 1300.17-R, Department of Defense Armed Services Commissary Regulations (ASCR) 1987 with amendments.

Base Exchange

Unmarried children, under age 21, are entitled to base exchange and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) privileges if the sponsor certifies in block 89 on the DD Form 1172, that he or she is providing over 50 percent of the child's support. Children over age 21 remain entitled if qualified as a student or an incapacitated child. Incap children's support is verified through a dependency determination.

NOTE: Specific reference for access to MWR for personnel are listed in DoDI 1015.10, 3 Nov 95, Programs for Military Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR), E3. Enclosure 3, pg. 25, paras E3.1., E3.2.1., and pg. 26, para E3.2.2.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lattegirl has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Per commisarry.com website:
No one in DeCA can make a final determination regarding whether or not you have entitlement to commissary privileges.

We recommend that you contact personnel in the Pass and ID Office on the military installation closest to where you live and ask that these folks assess your situation to determine whether or not you have entitlement to commissary privileges. If these installation personnel determine that you are entitled to commissary privileges, they will issue you a Department of Defense ID that will authorize you to shop in commissaries.

Commissary personnel cannot allow you to shop unless you have Department of Defense ID that authorizes commissary privileges.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoy View Post
Even if you do use her ID, you can't purchase anything. The person doing the purchasing has to have the ID holder and I don't think they would allow you to purchase the groceries for your daughter. I was behind someone in line and I think the mother was there with her daughter, who was the ID holder (daughter looked to be in her 20s). The mother was buying the groceries and the cashier would not take the money from the mother since she was not the ID holder. She gave it to the daughter, who then gave the cash to the cashier and then it was accepted. (a little ridiculous)
When DH and I would go to the comminsary (we were only engaged at this time) he showed his I.D. and stepped outta line to grab something close by. He gave his card to pay and the cashier said he has to swipe the card. I told her he already showed the I.D. and she said it was policy. When DH returned he asked why I did not pay yet, I said the cashier said you have to swipe the card. He did not agree but of course he did it. Since then we just followed the rules and I guess it depends on who it is.

I miss the comminsary. DH is no longer in the National Guards and now is a Veteran. I want him to see about getting those benefits again.

Couponing is the best Hobby to Have
Old 07-31-2008, 01:10 PM

It's a Girl!!!
CurlyBWC

My Mood/Status:
curlybwc has posted more than 200 great deals!curlybwc has posted more than 200 great deals!curlybwc has posted more than 200 great deals!
To the last post: Was your DH enlisted or an officer? If he was a officer, you probably do still have commissary privileges. Officers never "really" get out of the military unless they specifically resign their commission, which rarely happens. They just go to the "inactive ready reserves" and then to the selective service reserves? or something like that - anyway, even though you don't drill or anything, you're still in the reserves and can be called up if they need you, and in 2004 they decided that all reserves get commissary privileges regardless of activation status. I know this because my DH got out a couple of years ago as an officer and he is not active but we still have the pink IDs w/ all privileges. HTH!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!pemerson has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
For the sake of security, I'll say Northern Florida....

Wow!! I am at NS Mayport (Jacksonville, FL) and they require a visitor to have a pass. At NAS Jax they require one too. After having DD we had to give the security office a list of family members that were going to visit us. So that we did not have to leave the hospital to "sign" everyone on base.
,mommy to Mackenzie (6/07)
and Caleb (2/09)

Tags
daughter