DeCa Coupon Policy And Other Policy Details

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 AM
lovin AFC
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Pushpin DeCa Coupon Policy and Other Policy Details

Updated on February 5, 2014.
Here is an updated short version of the commissary's coupon policy trifold. Copies of the policy can be obtained at the customer service department at the commissary.
sav4dzn

http://www.commissaries.com/press_ro...on_trifold.pdf

DeCA has a wonderful coupon policy that is clear cut and mandated to all stores. This is a fact we should all appreciate. With this policy in place we should find a consistent practice throughout all stores and cashiers. But unfortunately this is not always the case. But armed with this information and facts we can ensure we follow the policy, and that the stores do as well.

Official Coupon Policy
Here is a direct link to the Official Commissary Coupon Policy:

https://www.commissaries.com/inside_...D40_6_PC_3.pdf
*This is the version updates April 2012

I always recommend you print those pages and carry it with you at all times.

Some main points to take away from this policy:
  • The commissary does not double coupons.
  • The commissary does not accept expired coupons except overseas (for these purposes Alaska and Hawaii are not overseas and do not accept expired coupons).
  • Only one coupon may be used on each item. There is no stacking of coupons here. A military store coupon is also a manufacturers coupon so only one per item. Also, BOGO coupons cannot have a second coupon used on the item you paid for.
  • If the value of a coupon is greater than the price on an item the customer will get the full value of the coupon. This is commonly referred to as overage. You can use the overage to help pay for other groceries. (For example an item cost $1.50 and you have a $2 off coupon, you have $.50 overage to apply to other items you purchase).
  • The Commissary accepts internet printed coupons. These can be color or black and white. No "free" IPs but BOGO IPs okay.
  • If a coupon doesn't scan it can be manually entered.
  • There is not a limit to the number of coupons you can use but you must follow the coupon wording - limit four per shopping trip means you have to leave the store.

Changes Effective May 1, 2012

DeCA updated and revamped the policy in April 2012. They clarified many areas concerning coupons acccepted and also changed the policy on cash back. Some key points:

Gift cards will be issued to a customer, in conjunction with cash, whenever a transaction total reflects $25 or more is owed to the customer due to coupon “overages” (when the face value of the coupon exceeds the selling price of the item purchased and the transaction results in a negative balance)

• Gift cards will be issued to customers, in conjunction with cash, for refunds of $25 or more when a receipt is presented showing the merchandise was originally purchased with gift cards

• Gift cards will be issued to customers, in conjunction with cash, for refunds of $25 or more when a receipt is not presented

• Clarification for instances of suspected privilege abuse - now limits to 36 items for special order, considers too many transactions abuse.

• Update to the coupon acceptance policy that clarifies dot-scan barcode requirements and pin requirements for unique numbering, that photocopies and counterfeit coupons are not accepted, and that coupons must be printed in English

The changes harness the scope of the new commissary gift card, which has been in use since last summer. Available only in denominations of $25 and $50, issuing gift cards as an alternative to paying out large sums of cash brings DeCA in line with other retailers’ practices and ensures DeCA’s cash flow is not adversely impacted. Amounts under $25 will be in cash.

Clarifications

There have been several times that the Commissary has had to clarify various aspects of their coupon policy. I will try to post the quotes for all the clarifications that I know of to help you with getting a clear picture of where the Commissary stands on specific pieces and scenarios. These can also be helpful with a cashier or Manager swears their policy is different.

One Coupon Per Person Per Transaction
(originally posted by altussacerdos here: One coupon per person per transaction )

Thank you for accessing the DeCA website to address your concerns.

After contacting several manufacturers for clarification of their intent,
they all stated that "Limit one offer per coupon per person per purchase"
means one coupon may be used for each item purchased. Therefore, if you
have 2 identical coupons and are purchasing 2 identical items, both coupons
should be accepted.

Commissary management, in cooperation with the Installation Commander, may, however, restrict the number of transactions per customer. As a matter of policy, sales restrictions limiting amount per purchase, e.g., limit three,
may be activated by DeCA Headquarters, the Federal Food and Drug
Administration, The Department of Defense, or command channels when product food alerts occur, or in instances when a sales transaction involves
purchases of large quantities of a single item, or when refunds or coupon
redemption involves a large amount of money. As with all types of retail
establishments where the exchange of goods, services, and money is involved, DeCA store management is required to monitor activity that may be perceived as potential abuse of the commissary privilege.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify this issue. I encourage
you to continue taking advantage of your commissary benefit and the 30
percent plus overall savings. If you need assistance in the future, please
do not hesitate to contact Mr. Art Lehman, Ft. Bragg South Store Director,
or any member of his management staff, at (910) 436-2487.

Sincerely,

Danna S. Eldridge
HQ DeCA Operations/DOB
Phone: 804-734-8000 Ext. 48772
DSN: 687-8000 Ext. 48772
Fax: 804-734-8009 Ext. 78772

The Commissary - It's Worth the Trip!

-----Original Message-----
From: courtney.rogers@deca.mil [mailto:courtney.rogers@deca.mil]
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 10:24 AM
To: Lepore, Patricia F CIV (USA) DeCA HQ DO
Cc: Eldridge, Danna S CIV (USA) DeCA HQ DO
Subject: Your Action Line 09E06479 - Suspense 2009-07-21 00:00:00.0

Using a “military” or “commissary” coupon in conjunction with a manufacturer's coupon.
(originally posted on DeCA facebook - Using a )

Retail stores often allow customers to use both a manufacturer coupon and a store coupon on a single product. Can I use a “military” or “commissary” coupon in conjunction with a manufacturer coupon in the commissary?

Commissaries cannot accept both the a manufacturer's coupon and a “commissary” or “military” coupon for the purchase of a single item. Generally, customers may use only one coupon per item in DeCA commissaries. Even coupons without exclusionary language such as: “NOT TO BE USED WITH ANY OTHER COUPON,” “NOT TO BE USED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER,” “ONE COUPON PER PURCHASE,” etc., may not be used in combination on the purchase of an item. This policy aligns with the policies of other DoD resale activities and our commercial counterparts. “Military” or “commissary” coupons are not store coupons. Store coupons are issued by a retail chain solely for use in their stores. Retail chains that offer store coupons use their profit to cover the cost of these coupons, which is why they can allow you to use them in conjunction with manufacturer coupons. DeCA does not issue any coupons. All coupons in the commissary, including “military” or “commissary” coupons, are provided by manufacturers who reimburse us when we redeem them. DeCA is required by law to sell at cost; therefore, we do not have a profit margin to offer store coupons and absorb the loss. However, commissary personnel may accept multiple coupons on the purchase of a single item, IF a representative of that company specifically authorizes it. These multiple coupon situations are typically short-term and applicable only during a particular commissary promotion. The commissary usually has minimal notice when the representative will be handing out coupons in the store. When a company’s representative is authorizing the use of multiple coupons on a single item, the representative will provide coupons directly to patrons in the store. The commissary does not decide when multiple coupons will be offered, the products the coupons can be used on, hand out the coupons, or advertise in advance that multiple coupons will be offered. If a customer comes to the commissary with a coupon for that item, the customer has the option of using their coupon or the number of coupons being offered in store for that item. However, the customer cannot add their coupon to the multiple coupons being offered in the commissary, thereby increasing coupon savings beyond the level intended by the manufacturer. If you have more questions about coupon use, please our Facebook “Notes” page posts, Commissaries.com - Coupon Use, or contact us via our online customer comments form at Commissaries.com - Customer Comments.

Walgreens Register Rewards and Coupons with Store Logos
(originally posted on DeCA facebook - Do commissaries participate in Walgreens Register Rewards or accept manufacturer coupons bearing another store )

Do commissaries participate in Walgreens Register Rewards or accept manufacturer coupons bearing another store’s logo?

DeCA does not participate in Walgreens Register Rewards per se; however, we do accept the manufacturer coupons that print out on the registers at Walgreens and other retailers, provided the verbiage does not limit redemption only to the retailer advertised on the coupon. For example, if the manufacturer coupon states “Redeemable at” or “Redeem at,” we can accept it; if it states “Redeemable ONLY at” or “Redeem ONLY at,” we cannot. While these coupons may reference Walgreens Register Rewards or have a Walgreens or another retailer’s logo printed on them, we are accepting these as a manufacturer’s coupon. All commissaries were provided clarification on these types of coupons. If you experience any issues with redeeming them at your commissary, ask to see the manager on duty while you’re in the commissary or fill out a customer comment form at Commissaries.com - Customer Comments and let us know.

Using a Buy X - get $1 off coupon
(originally posted on DeCA facebook - Using a Buy X - get $1 off coupon | Facebook )

Question: Are customers allowed to use a buy x get $1 off x coupon with another coupon? For example, if a customer wanted to use the $1 off beef, when they buy Uncle Ben’s Original Rice coupon, could they also use a .75 cents off Uncle Ben’s Rice coupon? That would be one coupon for beef and one coupon for rice.

Answer: Customers may use only one coupon per item purchased in DeCA commissaries. Based on this example, the coupon requires the purchase of Uncle Ben’s Original Rice to get $1 off beef. Additional cents-off coupons cannot be used in connection with your purchase of the Uncle Ben’s rice. Even coupons without exclusionary language, such as “Not to be used with any other coupon,” “Not to be used with any other offer,” “One coupon per purchase,” etc., may not be used in combination on the purchase of an item. DeCA’s policy is consistent with guidance we have received from numerous manufacturers’ coupon representatives and the Association of Coupon Professionals. If DeCA does not comply with the manufacturers’ terms and conditions, they could refuse to reimburse the agency. Since DeCA is required, by law, to sell products at cost, we do not have a profit margin to absorb the loss if we are not reimbursed for coupons.

Use of pdf Coupons (commonly done by 3M)
(originally posted at SD by jteef1)

Patron Comments: I was told I could not use my Scotch-Brite coupons at the
XXXX AFB commissary because the coupons are fraudulent. The coupons were
obtained from: http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure...nailsaver/
The current coupon is:
http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure...coupon.pdf The
coupon available when I printed my coupons was the same coupon, except it
was for $1 off one product. Can you tell me what is fraudulent about these
coupons? Is 3m not honoring them? It certainly is embarrassing to be accused
of trying to use fraudulent coupons when I got the coupons from the
manufacturer's website. Thank you

Dear Ms. XXX

Thank you for accessing the Defense Commissary Agency's web site with your
concern. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the XXX
Commissary.

I cannot tell you why the commissary did not accept your coupon; when a
commissary informs you a coupon is counterfeit, we expect them to be able to
show you the notice. I researched the counterfeit coupon alerts we have
provided to the commissaries and did not find one for Scotch-Brite brand
products.

I am copying Ms. xxxx, Scott Store Director, on this e-mail. I
suggest you contact her at xxx-xxx-xxxx to set up an appointment to meet
with her on your next visit to discuss the specifics of your coupon and the
items presented for purchase.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to address this issue. I encourage
you to continue to take advantage of your commissary benefit and the 30
percent plus overall savings. If you need assistance in the future, please
do not hesitate to contact Ms. xxxx or any member of her management
staff.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxx

Doubling Coupons
(originally posted at commissary website FAQ - Commissaries.com - Coupon Use )

Do commissaries ever have "double coupon" or "triple coupon" promotions like those offered by commercial stores?

No. The "double" or "triple" coupon promotions offered by commercial stores involve doubling, tripling (or otherwise increasing) the face value of a coupon. Commercial stores who offer these types of promotions get paid by the coupon issuer only for the face value of a coupon, and have to absorb the costs of "doubling" or "tripling" coupon face value in their pricing and profit structure.

Because commissaries are required by law to sell goods at prices set only high enough to cover the cost of those goods, commissaries make no profit from which to pay the costs associated with "double" coupon promotions.

Additionally, DeCA cannot use funds provided for the operation of commissaries to support such promotions, because law strictly prescribes the uses of these funds, and "promotional support" is not among the allowable uses of these funds.

Commissaries do occasionally offer a different type of "double coupon" promotion than described above. For these promotions, manufacturers or other coupon issuers agree that commissaries may accept more than one coupon on the purchase of an item, and usually supply large numbers of coupons to patrons in the commissary in support of such promotions. These "double coupon" promotions involve doubling the number of coupons accepted on the purchase of an item, but DO NOT involve doubling (or otherwise increasing) the face value of a coupon.

Internet Printed Coupons
(originally posted at commissary website FAQ - Commissaries.com - Coupon Use )

Can I use coupons generated from the Internet in a commissary?

Yes, commissaries gladly accept Internet or home-printed coupons provided they meet the following requirements - the coupons must have a typical barcode and Product Identification Number (PIN) or GS1 DataBar. A Dot Scan Barcode may appear below the expiration date, but is only required if stated on the coupon, e.g., "Do not accept without a Dot Scan Barcode below the expiration date." Internet coupons cannot be accepted for free products, however, "Buy One Get One Free" coupons are acceptable if they meet all other requirements.

Procter and Gamble (P & G) does not authorize Internet coupons for any of their products.

What coupons can my commissary accept?
(originally posted on DeCA facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...08086779246621 )

Every coupon must be individually evaluated when presented. However, in general, all commissaries will accept coupons as long as they meet the following requirements:

A. They must state “coupon.”
B. They must contain a message to the retailer specifying the terms and conditions for accepting the coupons.
C. They must have a redemption address.
D. They must state the purchase requirements; e.g., “Coupon good on any size purchase of …” or "Coupon good on the purchase of two cans of …”.
E. They must have a specially stated face value; e.g., “50 cents” or an “up to” or “no more than” value.
F. They are not expired. However, there is an exception and that is in overseas commissaries. These stores can accept coupons for up to six months after expiration due to an agreement with manufacturers to redeem them. At commissaries in the continental United States, including Alaska and Hawaii, a coupon is considered invalid and will not be accepted if presented after the expiration date.
G. Internet coupons must contain a typical barcode and a Dot Scan Barcode or a PIN.
H. Internet coupons cannot be accepted for free products; however, “Buy One Get One Free” Internet coupons are accepted if they meet all other requirements.
I. Coupons will not be accepted if DeCA has issued a counterfeit notice for them, regardless of where they came from. If you question the commissary’s refusal to accept a coupon, based on it being counterfeit, they should be able to show you the notice.

DeCA Directive 40-6, Change 1, dated April 2, 2009, chapter 7, paragraph 7-4n states, “Valid coupons will be entered at the value stated on the coupons. If the value of the coupon exceeds the cost of the product, the customer will be given the full value of the coupon.” If the item you are purchasing meets all the redemption requirements stipulated on the coupon, you should receive the full face value of the coupon even though the purchase price was less. While there is no requirement to purchase other items to cover the overage, in instances when a sales transaction involves purchases of large quantities of a single item, or when refunds or coupon redemption involves a large amount of money, DeCA store management is required to monitor activity that may be perceived as potential abuse of the commissary privilege and take appropriate action by reporting to installation authorities.

Customers may use only one coupon per item purchased in DeCA commissaries. In general, if you have five of the same item and have five coupons for these items, you could use one coupon on each item purchased. However, there are exceptions to this. For example, if you have a “Buy X, get Y free,” or BOGO coupon, you could not use another coupon on “X” as the BOGO coupon counts for the purchase of “X” and as a result of that purchase you get “Y” free.

If you have questions regarding coupon use, please contact the Your Action Line program using our online customer comment form at Commissaries.com - Customer Comments.

Our coupon policy is DeCA wide, which means that all of our 252 commissaries adhere to the same policy.

Can I receive money back from a coupon that is for more than the cost of the item?
(originally posted on DeCA Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...75203079201657 )

The terms specified on each coupon must be individually evaluated when presented for redemption and can only be accepted in accordance with the terms stipulated on the coupon. Our coupon policy states, "Valid coupons will be entered at the value stated on the coupons. If the value of the coupon exceeds the cost of the product, the customer will be given the full value of the coupon." An exception to this is if a coupon states that the value is up to, but not to exceed a certain dollar amount and provides a space for the cashier to write in the cost price of the item; the customer will then be given credit for only the actual price of the product. Also, some manufacturers have included verbiage on their coupons to the effect of no cash back - if coupon exceeds the retail price of the item. Because we must comply with the manufacturers' terms and conditions, in these instances, the coupon would be processed for the cost of the item with no overage applied to the remainder of the order or cash back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2011, 01:03 PM

RE: DeCa Coupon Policy and Other Policy Details

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
flocolan has posted more than 25 good deals
This was really informative. I was at the Ft. Bragg commisary recently and three of my coupons were rejected as fraudulent. I demanded to speak to the manager. My husband wanted to die right in the line, but I got my coupons through!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flocolan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 04:17 PM

threefish has posted more than 300 great deals!threefish has posted more than 300 great deals!threefish has posted more than 300 great deals!threefish has posted more than 300 great deals!
Thanks for pointing me to a good link about "Buy x, get $ off y" Qs. An acquaintance of mine gets really upset when the cashier won't let her "stack" Qs on "x" and I sent her to that FB page for clarification. DeCA says it better than I can
The Following User Says Thank You to threefish For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 11:38 PM

10/19 SS Complete Insert. PM Me For Prices
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
thanks!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to couponaddicted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2011, 02:04 PM

akastephens has posted more than 200 great deals!akastephens has posted more than 200 great deals!akastephens has posted more than 200 great deals!
They have a pretty clear cut outline posted in the notes at facebook
What coupons can my commissary accept? | Facebook

I was especially pleased with this response to a commenter
Our coupon policy is DeCA wide, which means that all of our 252 commissaries adhere to the same policy.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:31 AM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have only had one issuse at the commissary where one cashier said that I cannot use more than one of the same internet coupon? Has anyone had that happen? Even though I had two items and two coupons, she said the internet coupon had the same "number" on it. I guess I shouldve challenged her and gotten more information.
The Following User Says Thank You to EStimpert For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011, 05:46 AM

threefish has posted more than 300 great deals!threefish has posted more than 300 great deals!threefish has posted more than 300 great deals!threefish has posted more than 300 great deals!
Actually she is correct. If it was a bricks q, when you print them twice they have different ID numbers. Sometimes with other Qs, it will let you print multiples, but they all come out with the same ID number. No store should accept multiples with the same ID number. I'm sure they get through sometimes, but the commissary is very careful when it comes to coupons!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to threefish For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011, 07:37 AM

lovin AFC
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yeah it depends on the number the cashier is talking about. If the IP was copied and the pin was the same then yes the cashier was correct. But often the cashiers will point to the barcode and say those have to be different - which is extremely wrong. The barcode tells the computer what and how to deduct the coupon and will be the same for all like coupons. Some cashiers are really good and some are completely uniformed. So know your coupons and know hat is right so you can straighten out any issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nomadicpixie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011, 08:27 AM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!EStimpert has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I will pay more attention next time. She pointed in general to the coupon so I didnt get to see which number she was pointing to.
The Following User Says Thank You to EStimpert For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 AM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I find that the cashiers general level of knowledge at our commissary (Fort Lewis.... haven't yet tried coupons at McChord) changes greatly from person to person. Is there any in print evidence of the overage policy I could get for my binder? I can just see them overriding it with just the coupon value now.
The Following User Says Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 10:29 AM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
The overage policy information is on the Defense Commisary Agency's Facebook page, that is wher I found it I believe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EStimpert For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 10:33 AM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'll print it out from there then, I didn't see it on DECA's actual main page. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 11:11 AM

lovin AFC
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Also you can print the policy itself (see post #1 for the link) and bring it in. The actual sentence is:

n. Valid coupons will be entered at the value stated on the coupon. If the value of the
coupon exceeds the cost of the product, the customer will be given the full value of the coupon.

This can be found on page 44.

Between that and the facebook breakdown here:

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...75203079201657

You should be all set

The Following User Says Thank You to nomadicpixie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 AM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
Oodles of thanks! This is a store where I've wanted to beat them with the WIC policy until they bled! !
The Following User Says Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 11:34 AM

lovin AFC
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
LMAO!! Gotta love um!!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:25 AM

Should be studying but I can't stop couponing!!

My Mood/Status:
mlowry175 has posted more than 50 good deals
Thanks for clearing that up!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mlowry175 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 AM

leannascoupons has posted more than 10 good deals
But I am pretty dern positive I have been able to use a manufacturer coupon and a military/commissary coupon for the same item before. Would this just be a case of the cashier/register not catching it? I have quite a few mil/com coupons that have manufacturer coupons to pair up with and I'd like to be able to use them but don't want to be the person holding up the line because I have to re-think the items if I can't use both of the coupons. Anyone ever been able to use both with no problems?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leannascoupons For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 10:04 AM

lovin AFC
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leannascoupons View Post
But I am pretty dern positive I have been able to use a manufacturer coupon and a military/commissary coupon for the same item before. Would this just be a case of the cashier/register not catching it? I have quite a few mil/com coupons that have manufacturer coupons to pair up with and I'd like to be able to use them but don't want to be the person holding up the line because I have to re-think the items if I can't use both of the coupons. Anyone ever been able to use both with no problems?

If they ever went through it was cashier and computer error. DeCA is very adamant that using both coupons is strictly against the rules. So even if you may have been able to have it go through in the past please, please don't do it anymore. Some people have done it in error, but it is very much against their policy and is not okay to do. Now that you know the rule it is important to follow it.

Not talking specifically about you but just as an FYI to everyone - deliberately breaking the rules of the policy is fraud and will not be allowed on AFC. Any posts that suggest doing so will be warned and removed. We all follow the rules and will thus continue to have DeCA happy and continue getting good deals. The thing that makes me happy is so far this has not been an issue in the Commissary section. Thank you everyone for asking, clarifying, and following the rules.

And - Welcome to AFC! :bluewelcome:

Old 06-16-2011, 07:28 AM

My Mood/Status:
turkdavid has posted more than 75 good deals!
In regards to abuse of the coupon policy. Have any of you guys bought cases of an item simply because there was overage to buy your other items for free. If so did you have any problems with managment tracking the order and reporting it?
The Following User Says Thank You to turkdavid For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 07:51 AM

lovin AFC
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkdavid View Post
In regards to abuse of the coupon policy. Have any of you guys bought cases of an item simply because there was overage to buy your other items for free. If so did you have any problems with managment tracking the order and reporting it?
Personally never. That shouldn't be an issue because they can prove from there that you resell the stuff. As long as you are not selling items you get from the Commissary you can get as much as you want. The issue arises if they show that you are buying items from the Commissary and reselling it (such as at a flea market, ebay, and even garage sales). So if do sell things you are breaking the rules. Donating items can also be questioned but I suspect they wouldn't revoke Commissary privileges because you donate items (but that's JMO).

Old 06-17-2011, 01:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
momgriz has posted more than 300 great deals!momgriz has posted more than 300 great deals!momgriz has posted more than 300 great deals!momgriz has posted more than 300 great deals!
I have a problem I went to the commissary with the coupons that you can off print on Maxi Saver and they told me they where fraudulent coupons they where $1 off buy and Lay's brand 6.5 oz or larger and $0.40 off any (1) Cooper Brand cheese.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:41 PM

lovin AFC
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momgriz View Post
I have a problem I went to the commissary with the coupons that you can off print on Maxi Saver and they told me they where fraudulent coupons they where $1 off buy and Lay's brand 6.5 oz or larger and $0.40 off any (1) Cooper Brand cheese.
Okay that is bad. They can not claim anything as fraudulent unless they can show you the printout declaring it so. I would get in contact with DeCA customer service - Commissaries.com - Contact DeCA and inform them of the situation. Include the link to where you got the coupon and the names/descriptions of anyone who used the word fraud with you. They will ensure the store understands the rules and follows them. If you do not get a sufficient answer from DeCA (which you should) let me know and I'll send you an email of the DeCA head of Coupon Policy. Trust me DeCA does not take kindly to cashiers throwing around the word fraud.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:59 PM

Saving one day at a time

My Mood/Status:
Ive used the maxi saver cooper cheese coupon and had no issue. Let us know how it turns out, "fraud" is not a good word to hear. Did you ask for a supervisor as well?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EStimpert For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 10:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
love3joyus has posted more than 200 great deals!love3joyus has posted more than 200 great deals!love3joyus has posted more than 200 great deals!
I read over the coupon policy and didnt see a limit on coupons the commissary will allow per transaction I know if the coupon states it then abide by that but can anyone tell me if the commissary itself has a limit to the amount of coupons you can use in one transaction??? I am not sure if I missed it on there I looked over it twice hopefully that means there is no limit
The Following User Says Thank You to love3joyus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 11:57 AM

lovin AFC
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by love3joyus View Post
I read over the coupon policy and didnt see a limit on coupons the commissary will allow per transaction I know if the coupon states it then abide by that but can anyone tell me if the commissary itself has a limit to the amount of coupons you can use in one transaction??? I am not sure if I missed it on there I looked over it twice hopefully that means there is no limit

There is no max limit. You can use 1000 if you have the 1000 items to cover them. I personally have used 170 in one transaction. It takes forever but its all good!