Ft. Bragg Paraglide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 01:55 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
LuvCricut has posted more than 50 good deals
Help Sign Ft. Bragg Paraglide

Hi Everyone

I live about 35 minutes away from Ft. Bragg and have always made it a point to go to the post on Fridays so that I could get a few Paraglide newspapers. The last few weeks have been quite disappointing to me as I get there Friday morning and there is not a paper to be found. If you are on Ft Bragg could you please share what time they get the Paraglide out? I'd appreciate it as gas is expensive and hate having to come home empty handed.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 10:47 PM

RE: Ft. Bragg Paraglide

My Mood/Status:
meandmyarmyguy has posted more than 25 good deals
We went to the north post commissary on Tuesday and used our coupons for our weekly grocery trip and the cashier told us why there were never any paraglides. She said last Thursday that a woman came and got all of the paraglides on both sides. She took them all and loaded them in her car. I am very upset about this. It is very unfair that she thinks she can take all of them and not leave any for anyone else. I understand grabbing a few of them but the cashier said she got all of them as soon as they put them out. I am not sure why she would need all of them unless she is selling them on ebay or online. I am not sure who to talk to or what to do about the fact that she takes them all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Army wife
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to Eric
Mother to these fur babies

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meandmyarmyguy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 04:14 AM

My Mood/Status:
lobbanisgod has posted more than 100 good deals!lobbanisgod has posted more than 100 good deals!
This is probably someone new to couponing and doesn't understand coupon etiquette. Maybe she just doesn't care. That is not cool at all!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lobbanisgod For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 08:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
LuvCricut has posted more than 50 good deals
Thanks... I just noticed this in the last few weeks. It really stinks that someone would be so selfish. It is absolutely not right!
The Following User Says Thank You to LuvCricut For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 08:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
grandmamichelf has posted more than 300 great deals!grandmamichelf has posted more than 300 great deals!grandmamichelf has posted more than 300 great deals!grandmamichelf has posted more than 300 great deals!
Couldn't ya'll complain to the office that puts out the post paper? I know that if that happened at Offutt AFB, I'd probably find the base paper's office and ask them how this is supposed to work and if there's anything they can do.

I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a shot. How rude of someone to take all the papers.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:20 PM

looking forward to next week!

My Mood/Status:
LadyEtiquette has posted more than 75 good deals!
Oh wow!
I've heard that there are paraglides at the Food Lion on Hope Mills rd.
I haven't checked though... Guess I should!
I've also seen them at the Reilly Rd. Minimall
Old 06-10-2011, 11:03 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
catrinagreene has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!catrinagreene has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!catrinagreene has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!catrinagreene has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!catrinagreene has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!catrinagreene has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
i hope the crazy nut thats taking them all her hands fall off!
Old 06-16-2011, 04:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
Did anyone get a paraglide today???
I couldn't find them anywhere but I didn't go on post. Every box from Hope Mills to Owen dr was empty.

I called up the the Paraglide office and they said they are on it and aware of people selling the coupons. So hopefully this gets fixed soon they also said they have some in their office so you can go there to get one.

Any luck??
Old 06-16-2011, 04:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinagreene
i hope the crazy nut thats taking them all her hands fall off!
Lol.... A little birdie told me one of the people clearing the boxes is a man!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:15 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
catrinagreene has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!catrinagreene has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!catrinagreene has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!catrinagreene has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!catrinagreene has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!catrinagreene has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I've heard its a man and a woman
Old 06-18-2011, 05:22 AM

melissa_8822 has posted more than 10 good deals
There hasn't been a paraglide in over three weeks. If not longer. I know this because I alway check the 24 hour shopette at midnight and five am. Plus on top of that it gets delivered to my house and BDE weekly. Have yet to see one in weeks. This week I will be making an ICE complaint about the paraglide and calling the press office about it too.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:57 PM

melissa_8822 has posted more than 10 good deals
Paraglide (Fort Bragg)

Ladies the paraglide is out. On the front page it explains all about the hoarders. They have changed there delivery hours, to help prevent people from taking more than one. Maybe I will finally get one delivered to my house.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa_8822
Ladies the paraglide is out. On the front page it explains all about the hoarders. They have changed there delivery hours, to help prevent people from taking more than one. Maybe I will finally get one delivered to my house.
Awesome! I'll have to check around tomorrow to see if I can get one.

I also saw on their facebook page about these people losing their post privileges.... I hope this makes them think twice!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa_8822 View Post
LThey have changed there delivery hours, to help prevent people from taking more than one.

I suspected this was happening because I've been able to get a paper for the last two weeks.

I'm not quite sure how they think it will solve the problem though. There's a lively discussion about this on their Facebook wall too.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ncscgirl2005 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEtiquette View Post

I also saw on their facebook page about these people losing their post privileges.... I hope this makes them think twice!
Hmmm...wonder how they will handle the off-base locations since civilians have access to them too. I've heard of a few civilians going around and taking them.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:43 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
i guess they've realized this week how many people get the paper since its 1 per person, such a shame for all those inserts to go to waste, a family of five would benefit more with at least 4 of those papers, now i have to spend $6 just got get the number of papers we need SMH....
Old 07-01-2011, 02:40 PM

Beautyandthesoldier has posted more than 300 great deals!Beautyandthesoldier has posted more than 300 great deals!Beautyandthesoldier has posted more than 300 great deals!Beautyandthesoldier has posted more than 300 great deals!
All the Paraglide locations I am aware of now have a sign stating that only one per person by order of Garrison Command. So, all of us who were not greedy and only took a couple can now give a big shout out and thanks to all those who were walking away with an entire stack of papers. It only takes a few selfish people to ruin it for the rest of us. I was irritated before because they were being wiped out and I was told by the paper and the people who work at the base locations it was the same people every week taking them all, then when they started changing delivery hours, I was finally able to grab one, and now they have had to actually give out orders that no one is allowed to take more than one to prevent this ridiculous behavior. I feel bad for those who have large families, but unfortunately this is what happens and I guarantee the people who have been doing this do not care about how their actions have affected the rest of us, and will just find another way to circumvent the system that has now been put in place to enable others to receive the paper as well. In case its not obvious my irritation with this entire thing has climbed to an all time high. Now we have to have the type of rules you would give children put in place for adults....you would tell your kids, don't be selfish, don't take so much, leave some for others...but now here we are as adults having to be told the same thing as if we are the little children.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beautyandthesoldier For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2011, 04:59 PM

IslandGirl

My Mood/Status:
mayacosta78
@LuvCricut....'a few paraglide newspapers'? YOu are only supposed to get ONE!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:39 AM

anl0929
I live in Hope Mills and I can never find any paraglides. I thought I found a secret place that had them but I went this week and they were cleaned out. Does anyone know anywhere in Hope Mills that carries them?