Thrift Places To Go

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 04:03 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
TinaReneaSmile has posted more than 50 good deals
Hi Thrift Places to Go

What services do you use on post to save money?

I use the E-4 and under on post for free clothing and house hold stuff. I got a really cute Deigo bed set for my kids and some much needed pants. The one at Ft Bliss does not care what rank you are =)

I also sell my used stuff that the kids no longer fit into at the thrift store on post. I find it is cheaper for me to go to other thrift stores to buy things I need though.

I love taking my kids to the story time on the libary. They love it and learn a lot from it and it's free!!!

We also have 2 free little kids water parks during the summer and a free adult pool all year round.

I have no real idea what ACS(Army Community Service) provides for familes. But they have a big building!

Really looking forword to your answers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinaReneaSmile For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:01 PM

RE: Thrift Places to Go

wants 2 save more this yr

My Mood/Status:
LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!LaLax2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
when we use to live on camp pendleton hubz used to get his uniforms from the thrift store for alot cheaper we use to use the community center to go online and we were at the pool everyday i miss those good ole days
Old 01-24-2010, 11:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
wither16 has posted more than 300 great deals!wither16 has posted more than 300 great deals!wither16 has posted more than 300 great deals!wither16 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Gosh, I wish I was at a larger base again!! The Airman's Attic was super helpful when my hubby did a year in Turkey. The base here has zero....I will just have to live through everyone else for now!!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:39 PM

coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Why in the world didn't I know about ANY of this! How would I find out if my base has something like this?!? Im at Fort Meade.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:39 AM

akastephens has posted more than 200 great deals!akastephens has posted more than 200 great deals!akastephens has posted more than 200 great deals!
I have heard wonderful things about the Just Between Friends sales
Just Between Friends | Home
check and see if you have them in your area, from what I understand it is an easier way to make money on your gently used childrens clothes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akastephens For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2010, 04:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
wither16 has posted more than 300 great deals!wither16 has posted more than 300 great deals!wither16 has posted more than 300 great deals!wither16 has posted more than 300 great deals!
THe JBF is huge in OK! I know both my SIL love it!

Coastieswife, check your AFRC (or whatever the readiness center is called on the army bases!!) They can hook you up with all the programs!
The Following User Says Thank You to wither16 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2010, 08:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
TinaReneaSmile has posted more than 50 good deals
For Coastieswife2

Here is a site for the shopping on Fort Mead:

Fort Meade - Shopping

Here is the MWR Page for there

http://www.ftmeademwr.com/

Beyond this I can't help much.

Ask around bound to be soem great things and great people!
The Following User Says Thank You to TinaReneaSmile For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 PM

coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!coastieswife2 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Thanks everyone! Im going to our On Post Thrift shop tomorrow morning! We were never able to go before becuase DH always worked Monday thru Friday 5am-4pm so it was always closed,so since we are leave because we are moving we are gonna go tomorrow! Im also gonna go hunting around to see what else is available! YAY! thanks everyone! So cool!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:29 PM

A penny saved is... a penny.

My Mood/Status:
LinzluvsGJ has posted more than 200 great deals!LinzluvsGJ has posted more than 200 great deals!LinzluvsGJ has posted more than 200 great deals!
Last summer I got some great toys for the kids at our thrift store on base, now because of the CPSC laws that apply to lead (and not to resale as I have pointed out to them over and over again and they just ignore ) they don't take any kids things except clothes. *sigh*
, Philip (7)
, Lillian (5), & Maxwell (3)

Joyfully loving Michael
and Alexis (4)
Old 02-07-2010, 10:07 PM

tinarenea=D has posted more than 10 good deals
I am Army so it is a little different for us. When I have problems that the "boss" wont listen to, I go talk about them in town hall meetings. It works very good for me most of the time. The post commander is there along with AAFES peeps and other big head people. They listen to the people that show up and answer there questions. They even do e-mails for this too! If you show up and ask make sure have proof in hand whether you record it or have someone sign something saying what they told you. Quality of life issues are taken seriously. I video recorded my coupon trip, showed 3 people the video after the meetings and most things did change. If you have the time try it!

Pretty sure you guys have something... You are Airforce right?