Detroit Free Press Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 08:08 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Exclamation Detroit Free Press Coupons

The only option I have for getting inserts in the paper is the Detroit Free Press. I am so furious that when there are some better coupons that we don't get the redplum. They do have them but it seems they only put them in the metro detroit area. Makes me even madder to know I pay .50 more for each paper then they do and don't get a discount at rite aid since they don't sell them there. So I bought 8 papers (didn't think to check them since we had redplums last week) @ 2.00 for a total of 16.00 and them spent 11.XX to get 10 redplums. At that point I will have to get 10 of the free purex crystals to make it worth it. DD wanted the visine and was pretty mad since she lives in detroit but is here for spring break. Who else lives in Michigan and lacks the redplum more and more these days????
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsguy For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:44 PM

RE: Detroit Free Press Coupons

My Mood/Status:
lindyf has posted more than 300 great deals!lindyf has posted more than 300 great deals!lindyf has posted more than 300 great deals!lindyf has posted more than 300 great deals!
I would be angry too. Would it be an option to just pre order the inserts on ebay? I saw someone last week selling a lot of 3. I know you may not get them on Sunday but at least you would always get them.
The Following User Says Thank You to lindyf For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 10:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
dannysmom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dannysmom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dannysmom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dannysmom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dannysmom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dannysmom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I get the Redplum in my paper. Rite Aid does sell the Freep but only at certain ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to dannysmom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 11:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
naened69 has posted more than 25 good deals
Buy Grocery Coupons

This sight was recently recommended to me by afriend because I had the same problem with not getting my inserts.
The Following User Says Thank You to naened69 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 04:24 AM

Check out the PIF threads!

My Mood/Status:
crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have the Oakland Press delivered and the coupons are not as good as the ones in the Free Press. I pay 1.50 for the Free Press at CVS. I've had good luck getting all the inserts from the paper there. They have the Smart Source and Red Plum. I'm in the Metro Detroit area.
The Following User Says Thank You to crosscountrysoccermom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 04:56 AM

Proud mother of two wonderful young men.

My Mood/Status:
FOOTBALLMOM2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!FOOTBALLMOM2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!FOOTBALLMOM2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!FOOTBALLMOM2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!FOOTBALLMOM2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!FOOTBALLMOM2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!FOOTBALLMOM2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!FOOTBALLMOM2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!FOOTBALLMOM2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!FOOTBALLMOM2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!FOOTBALLMOM2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I also get all the coupons in my paper. Sorry you don't get all the coupons. Were do you purchase the papers from? You may want to contact the paper company and see if you can get it delivered to you home and see if they will include all coupon inserts. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to FOOTBALLMOM2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 06:26 AM

how did I shop before q's?

My Mood/Status:
coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I've heard elsewhere that its the Freep policy to fill all the papers with inserts starting with the closest suburbs and moving out. So the further you are from downtown, the less likey there will be any left to be put in the paper. I'm not sure if its true or not, but thats what I've seen.
The Following User Says Thank You to coley31 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 07:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coley31 View Post
I've heard elsewhere that its the Freep policy to fill all the papers with inserts starting with the closest suburbs and moving out. So the further you are from downtown, the less likey there will be any left to be put in the paper. I'm not sure if its true or not, but thats what I've seen.
That seems to be the way it goes because I checked papers at a few places. I'd order my inserts each week but I have a Sunday shelf clearer and if the coupon was in the Sunday paper I'd never get anything. I've had her push her way in front of me to take every last one of the ziploc containers. She has cleared a shelf and at some point later in the week gets a raincheck and when more comes in she gets most of those to. She just doesn't play nice. I've been known to take all of a sale item off the shelf if I'm there when she is and put it back when she leaves.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 08:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
srquac has posted more than 75 good deals!
I have also been disappointed the last month or so because of this. I go to the gas station at the corner to get my Detroit paper since the local paper only has junk in the coupon inserts. Most of the time lately I only get the SS insert. I get so mad that I pay for a paper and don't get the inserts. I have to admit that I actually stopped buying the paper the last few weeks. I haven't been able to find another paper sold in the area that has anything better. BOO HOO.
The Following User Says Thank You to srquac For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 08:34 PM

is surfing the web and relaxing!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
robertosgirl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!robertosgirl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!robertosgirl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!robertosgirl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!robertosgirl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!robertosgirl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!robertosgirl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!robertosgirl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!robertosgirl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!robertosgirl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!robertosgirl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I live in SW Michigan and buy local paper ($2) and about 1 yr ago discovered I should be buying the Detroit Free Press ($2) to get the BEST coupons. Our local papers have less Q's in the inserts w/ a lot of advertising crap in them. I get the high value and more Qs in the Detroit Free Press. Also, I buy my papers every Sunday am from Speedway gas station because I can look thru my papers before I buy to make sure my inserts are included. I don't usually have a problem not having inserts in there but I always double check. FYI I also find the Detroit Free press has the General Mills Q inserts when they come out and our local paper never has them.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Traverse City!!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
Carved has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by coley31 View Post
Well I was at mom's on Sunday who lives in the city of Detroit and gets the paper delivered to her door early Sunday morning and there was no RP in the insert nor a Rite Aid sales paper.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Sorry to hear that! Can she call the news paper and get one?

Chrissy
Old 04-24-2011, 06:05 PM

kgravatt has posted more than 1 good deal
What's the deal with no coupons in the 4/24/11 Free Press? My husband bought 5 and didn't think to check them. Waste of money! I'm wondering how often this happens and if there is an "off" week for coupons or if this was a mistake?

-K
The Following User Says Thank You to kgravatt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2011, 06:35 PM

back to couponing!

My Mood/Status:
quezsmom has posted more than 100 good deals!quezsmom has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgravatt View Post
What's the deal with no coupons in the 4/24/11 Free Press? My husband bought 5 and didn't think to check them. Waste of money! I'm wondering how often this happens and if there is an "off" week for coupons or if this was a mistake?

-K
theres no coupons if thers a holiday. sucks doenst it.. ugh!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:58 PM

kgravatt has posted more than 1 good deal
I wish I had known that before we bought them. I won't make that same mistake again, that's for sure! However, there's a JCPenney coupon for 10 dollars of 25 and a bra sale B2G2.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:04 PM

getting my shopping list ready for Sunday!

My Mood/Status:
lourdess has posted more than 300 great deals!lourdess has posted more than 300 great deals!lourdess has posted more than 300 great deals!lourdess has posted more than 300 great deals!
I would call the the free press directly and ask them about it? Maybe you can get them mailed directly to you and ask them about the coupons? Tell them that's the reason you want them is so that you can have the coupons... Maybe that might work?
Old 05-01-2011, 08:10 AM

knurdami
What about the P&G in this week's Free Press? I didn't get one of those either. I only got the two SmartSources and 1 Moments to Save. What was in your paper today?
Old 05-01-2011, 09:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
I only got a "Moments to Save"!! I took them back to the store and got my local paper that had all the inserts in them. Most of the time the DFP has the better inserts in them.

Chrissy
Old 06-12-2011, 11:44 PM

a12m27b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsguy View Post
... So I bought 8 papers (didn't think to check them since we had redplums last week) @ 2.00 for a total of 16.00 and them spent 11.XX to get 10 redplums...
$2.00??? I get my Sunday Free Press from the Dollar Tree...Only a $1.00 and has all the inserts!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:56 AM

typingmom has posted more than 75 good deals!
I live between Flint and Lansing and buy my Detroit Free Press at Meijer. Yesterday was the second time in the last month or so that the Free Press was missing the Red Plum. I checked the Lansing State Journal and it had the Red Plum, so I bought those instead. The Lansing paper price went up to 1.75 "surrounding areas."
Old 06-19-2011, 08:16 AM

nkelley09 has posted more than 5 good deals
I'm so glad to know this, because our local paper SUCKS for inserts! Our redplum had a whopping 14 coupons in it today, nothing high dollar and not a single one I would ever use. I'm having my DH pick me up a Detriot FP today to check it out!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:31 PM

saving money

My Mood/Status:
EmeliahsMomma has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkelley09 View Post
I'm so glad to know this, because our local paper SUCKS for inserts! Our redplum had a whopping 14 coupons in it today, nothing high dollar and not a single one I would ever use. I'm having my DH pick me up a Detriot FP today to check it out!
Hey, I totally know you from HS!!! && yes, the DFP is the way to go in our town
Old 06-25-2011, 09:49 PM

PurpleBubba has posted more than 10 good deals
Do all the Dollar Tree have $1 Free Press?
I'm in Shelby Twp and there's a few D Tree out here.

There are sites that will tell you what's supposed to be out. I'm new here so I haven't looked yet but there's probably a thread somewhere here saying what's supposed to be in what week.

Edit: Here's the insert schedule on A Full Cup
afullcup.com/coupon-insert-schedule

Last edited by PurpleBubba; 06-26-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:03 PM

nkelley09 has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by a12m27b View Post
$2.00??? I get my Sunday Free Press from the Dollar Tree...Only a $1.00 and has all the inserts!
I checked out our Dollar Tree this morning and they do not carry papers.

Last edited by nkelley09; 06-26-2011 at 07:44 PM.