Meijer Ending Double Coupons In Certain Markets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 01:32 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Star Meijer ending double coupons in certain markets

So news is out as of 3/30/13... "Meijer is eliminating double coupons in our Battle Creek, Lansing, Ft. Wayne and South Bend Markets. As a course of business, we will continue to evaluate other markets to determine the appropriate coupon strategy for that specific market based on our opportunity to reinvest in low prices across all of our items. Double coupons only affect a certain percentage of items. We believe that investing in lower prices across the store is more of a benefit to our customers."

After reading quite the discussion and remarks on Meijer's FB page, blogs, and even here within threads, here are my ramblings from the standpoint of one who lives has lived in a "no doubles market" for a long time!

I am in the West Michigan/GR market, where Meijer HQ is located, and all the stores here have not had doubles for many years, however, it hasn't been the end of the world! I do not have a Kroger in my area. I have Walmart but they do not double coupons either and the store that is closest to me isn't even a Super Walmart. The only store that does do any doubling of coupons is Kmart in my area and that is a once in a blue moon type of event.

I am still able to save on average from 40%-60% each time I shop at Meijer and there has been a few times where I have gotten the 75%-90% savings on my grocery trip at Meijer.

How do I get that much savings despite no doubles...

~have to be creative, yet still abide by the store's coupon policies...making several trips during the week/sale to purchase multiple items, take other family members with me to do a separate transaction from me.

~know my prices at Meijer and other area stores, yes there are weeks that I do not shop at Meijer because I can get the same thing for cheaper somewhere else or they do not have at least half dozen sale items that I use regularly to warrant a trip to the store. However, the last few weeks, I have shopped at Meijer and Aldi's the most over any other local stores due to the Meijer sales.

~shop the weekly sales

~use coupons regularly, even though they are not doubled still getting 25 cents off a sale price is better than nothing.

~watch for high value coupons and use them with the sales

As a side note...

For those of you that are affected by this change, what can you do...

~~voice your concerns respectively with your store director via phone or email. Also complete the surveys at the bottom of your receipt...those are read by Meijer. I am sure that sharing your disappointment will not affect the change that has taken place but it should make those people at Meijer realize how much this change has affected their loyal customers.

~~be kind to the store employees, esp. the cashiers and service desk personnel...it is not them that brought about this change in coupon policy.

~~still shop at Meijer and use coupons despite the change in coupon policy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by grmom25kids; 03-06-2013 at 01:43 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grmom25kids For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:42 AM

RE: Meijer ending double coupons in certain markets

My Mood/Status:
Kitten01 has posted more than 25 good deals
kroger is the same way - they are stop doing the double coupons..
Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
sunflory has posted more than 300 great deals!sunflory has posted more than 300 great deals!sunflory has posted more than 300 great deals!sunflory has posted more than 300 great deals!
One of the reasons that I stop in Sandusky (Ohio) on my trips is because of the large amount of grocery stores in the area. Wall Mart, Meijer, Target, Kroger, Save A Lot, & Aldis. Meijer & Kroger there both double. At least until I blink (kinda like gasoline prices!).
The Following User Says Thank You to sunflory For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 10:50 AM

AuntJamelle has posted more than 10 good deals
I hadn't been on the boards for a while due to illness and was whammied at my after work shopping trip to our Meijer yesterday.

Fortunately, I had a fairly small amount of coupons I'd expected to double, but still.

The really rotten thing was that several of those items are on sale at Kroger and they still double coupons - at least for now!

I'm sure there are still deals to be had at Meijer, but as long as our Kroger doubles coupons, I'm going to try and do more of my shopping there. We'll see how it goes. I'm also seeing more Aldi trips in my future!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuntJamelle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2013, 02:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jap631 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I heard a new rumor about this on a Columbus OH blog. Anyone hear anything lately?

DH,
me,
YDD
DS and
ODD,
, sadly missing my beloved kitty.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:09 PM

: )

My Mood/Status:
blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!blueflowers has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jap631 View Post
I heard a new rumor about this on a Columbus OH blog. Anyone hear anything lately?
Oh no!!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:50 PM

paying off debt and organizing the home

My Mood/Status:
cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
It's true....Meijer's is stopping all double coupon Aug 25....it's on their facebook page
Old 08-06-2013, 05:40 PM

bananafoster has posted more than 300 great deals!bananafoster has posted more than 300 great deals!bananafoster has posted more than 300 great deals!bananafoster has posted more than 300 great deals!
What about those in areas that didn't have doubles to begin with?? It's been akin to watching someone eat a big delicious ice cream sundae -- and you just watch.
The Following User Says Thank You to bananafoster For This Useful Post: