Seeing New Faces!!!...Time For A Roll Call!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 09:39 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Attention Seeing New Faces!!!...Time for a Roll Call!

Since becoming more active in this forum and taking over the roll of the forum leader, I have noticed quite a few new "faces" in the forum. Which is just lovely!! I love getting to meet new people and that makes the forum more active as well.

So I thought it was time for Roll Call, because I am interested in getting to know a little about you and what Meijer store you regularly shop.

I'll go first...

Name: Grmom25kids

Meijer Store: West Michigan...mostly the 54th Street store.

About Me: I have been married for 16 1/2 years to my hubby who I met while in college on a Online Christian Bulletin Board/Message Board/Forum! We have 5 children(4 boys, 1 girl) ranging in age from almost 16yo to 5yo. I also have home-schooled all of my kids. This past school year, I only had my 8yo and 5yo home for schooling while my older three went to the public schools. I found that I couldn't keep up with their needs well enough so I "delegated"! My oldest is gifted...he has taken honors classes the last two years he has been in the public school and this coming school year(his junior year), he will be taking AP classes. I am a child of the King...I love to go to church and worship Him!

I love to shop and use coupons to save money. I use a buy ahead principle when shopping...I am might not be out of an item but it is on sale so I will buy that item in a quantity that will last me until the next sale of it. I have built a decent size pantry/stockpile that should sustain my family for at least 2 weeks. I would love to build it up more but right now with moving in our near future, I have actually begin the steps to reducing it because I don't want to move it all! My church has a food pantry for our congregation that is in need so about once a month I will put a bag together and drop it off. I actually have a bag started for this month due to getting several items on the "cheap" last week at Meijer's 10 for $10 Mix N Match Sale.

Thing(s) I love about Meijer: One thing I love is the 10 for $10 sales! Another thing is being able to stack store coupons and manufacture's coupons to get things cheaply...I live where there is no doubles so it is a rarity to get an item free after coupons!

NOW tell us about you!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by grmom25kids; 07-15-2012 at 05:54 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grmom25kids For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 AM

RE: Seeing New Faces!!!...Time for a Roll Call!

I'm Snoopy Dancing My Way To Sales And Deals!

My Mood/Status:
iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Name: iluvadoption

About Me: I recently celebrated my 14th wedding anniversary and have 4 beautiful, smart, gifted (insert other glowing adjective here!) children who joined our family through international adoption. I have two 10 years old DD's, one from China and one from Guatemala. I also have an eight year old DD who was born in China and a 7 year old son who was born in Colombia.

I love everything about Meijer, , as I have shopped at the same store since dinosaurs roamed the earth, and have always been treated with dignity and respect by the staff.

This is my favorite forum and grmom25kids is an AWESOME forum leader who does an EXCELLANT job keeping the forum tidy and making sure that the best deals get posted!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iluvadoption For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2012, 12:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!grmom25kids has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvadoption View Post
I love everything about Meijer, , as I have shopped at the same store since dinosaurs roamed the earth, and have always been treated with dignity and respect by the staff.

I was reading that while eating some ice cream and just about spewed it all over the keyboard!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grmom25kids For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2012, 11:51 AM

just moved 500 miles from home...HELP!

raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Name: raising3cains

Store: Charlestown Rd, New Albany IN~50 cent doubles, no target store qs

Me: I have lived in Indiana for almost a year now. I moved from KCMO. Married 17 years with 4 kids age 4-13. I have been back to KC twice and have bought groceries both times. Still things I can get free/cheaper there. We will be moving into our new house in a couple of weeks. It should have been done months ago! Looking forward to using the deep freeze again and a pantry.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to raising3cains For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2012, 05:28 PM

paying off debt and organizing the home

My Mood/Status:
cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Name: cantstopshopping (June)

About Me: I LOVE POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!
So true, no kidding!

Live in Michigan, married, 4 children (2 at home (17 & 26) and 2 married and on their own) and 4 grandchildren. We are the house that everyone is at, so always need lots of food on hand.

I shop many different stores, as I am in the middle of nowhere and it just depends on which way I'm heading at the time.

Things I love about Meijer:Prices are usually cheaper overall and love their 10 for $10 sales.

Last edited by cantstopshopping; 06-20-2012 at 03:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cantstopshopping For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2012, 12:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
MamaGeeg has posted more than 25 good deals
Name - MamaGeeg - Gretchen

Meijer Store - E Broad St, Columbus, OH

About Me - I am a stay at home Mom to 1 stepson & two daughters - Dylan (12) Gianna (2 1/2) and Gabby (8 wks). My husband works and I coupon so we can stretch our dollars as far as possible! I love that Meijer doubles up to $.99 and it's why I shop there. I couldn't do it without all you ladies though, these days I don't even go the bathroom alone let alone match sales & coupons. I rely on your expertise every week so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Last edited by MamaGeeg; 09-22-2012 at 07:37 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaGeeg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2012, 05:44 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!javaaddict has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaGeeg View Post
Name - MamaGeeg - Gretchen

Meijer Store - E Broad St, Columbus, OH

About Me - I am a stay at home Mom to 1 stepson & two daughters - Dylan (12) Gianna (2 1/2) and Gabby (8 wks). My husband works and I coupon so we can stretch our dollars as far as possible! I love that Meijer doubles up to $.99 and it's why I shop there. I couldn't do it without all you ladies though, these days I don't even go the bathroom alone let alone match sales & coupons. I rely on your expertise every week so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
HI!!!! E Broad is my store!!! I'll be on the look out for you. I'm always in there later in the evening - I look exhausted and I'm usually wandering around aimlessly, enjoying my kid free time.

Meijer is my primary store, for sure. I've been shopping the same store for almost 10 years, and I've gotten to know a lot of the employees. I haven't been couponing as much as I used to - I've been doing a lot of cooking from scratch, so that has reduced my coupon use a lot. I do still use them from time to time though.

I have 4 little ones ranging from kindergarten to an almost 4 month old. I stay home with them!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Name: twentyfirstcenturygypsy, or Monica

Stores: Greenville, MI. And Ionia. And sometimes Rockford and Cedar Springs. And sometimes Mt Pleasant or Charlotte for doubles.

About me: Married to the love of my life (14 years this Nov!), raising our 3 1/2 year old boy and 10 month old girl, and co-habitating with my senior parents in an effort to save money. My family just spent a year living in Washington state. After spending a year away from Meijer, I have a new appreciation for such an awesome store, not that I didn't love Meijer before the move.

I'm looking for deals for everything from diapers to denture tablets. We go through unusual amounts of laundry detergent and dish soap, and no matter how much cheese I bring home, it will be gone at the end of the week.

We are all big eaters, and most of us are picky, so I am always looking for ways to sneak veggies into a meal. Bring on the veggie pasta! I have my 3 year old convinced that tomato soup is ketchup, so sshhhh.

My biggest weakness is riding in the car. If I can come up with an excuse to go somewhere, I will. And I love to visit different Meijer stores along the way!

What I love about Meijer: The produce. You cannot beat the quality or price at any other store. Also, Meijer is the only place where I can walk out with 20 of one thing, and still come nowhere near clearing a shelf.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twentyfirstcenturygypsy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 07:52 AM

exie#2 has posted more than 10 good deals
HI ! I am a senior living on a fixed income. I shop at Knapp Corners Meijer and sometimes the Plainfield Meijer in Grand Rapids. No doubles. I use coupons and mPerks whenever possible and am always looking for the best deals. I donot stock pile as some of you do but will buy extra of something (like Jiff this week) to get me thru untill it's on sale again. I buy what I like and what I use and not somthing because it's on sale and I have a coupon. I like the Meijers stores as they as clean and most of the staff are helpfull. I often find items that are marked wrong and the customer service staff don't make you feel like you are ripping off Meijers when you ask for the Wrong Scan Law that Michigan has.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exie#2 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 11:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
dodgykeeper has posted more than 25 good deals
Name: dodgykeeper (Paul)

Store: West Carrollton, OH

About Me: Married with 2 kids (12 and 10). Moved from the UK 5 years ago - we don't really coupon there so its taken me a while to start using them and realise how much we can save - really only the last year or so. Still seems weird that we can get so many things for free each week (or even MM! )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dodgykeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 PM

purplemsc has posted more than 10 good deals
Name: purplemsc(purple+music, my 2 favorite things , Jeremye
Store: Delaware Ohio, and Marion Ohio, Delaware doubles up to .99, Marion only up to .50.
I also shop Kroger, and Walmart
About me: I'm a single mom, 2 boys, one 15, at home, the other 24, in the Army, back at Fort Bragg, NC, after doing 2 tours overseas. I have been couponing as long as I can remember, off and on. I am a department manager at Walmart, going on 7 years now, and have just recently started teaching my oldest the finer points of couponing. Came back from tour with some large expenses he wasn't expecting, and now wants/needs to learn how to do this!!
I love Meijer, it has to be my favorite store to coupon, I wish I could use mperk, but I don't have texting with the family plan phones we have, so I miss out on those deals
I donate to a church food pantry, and help out my mom with her expenses by sharing my freebies
I love this site, and after looking ads over, always come to Afullcup to see what I'm missing. Keep up the awesome job, it helps me save so much, and share even more ))
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to purplemsc For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 05:59 PM

purplemsc has posted more than 10 good deals
Name: purplemsc(purple+music, my 2 favorite things , Jeremye
Store: Delaware Ohio, and Marion Ohio, Delaware doubles up to .99, Marion only up to .50.
I also shop Kroger, and Walmart
About me: I'm a single mom, 2 boys, one 15, at home, the other 24, in the Army, back at Fort Bragg, NC, after doing 2 tours overseas. I have been couponing as long as I can remember, off and on. I am a department manager at Walmart, going on 7 years now, and have just recently started teaching my oldest the finer points of couponing. Came back from tour with some large expenses he wasn't expecting, and now wants/needs to learn how to do this!!
I love Meijer, it has to be my favorite store to coupon, I wish I could use mperk, but I don't have texting with the family plan phones we have, so I miss out on those deals
I donate to a church food pantry, and help out my mom with her expenses by sharing my freebies
I love this site, and after looking ads over, always come to Afullcup to see what I'm missing. Keep up the awesome job, it helps me save so much, and share even more ))
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplemsc For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2012, 03:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3cains View Post
Store: Charlestown Rd, New Albany IN~50 cent doubles, no target store qs
That is the same store I shop at!! Small world.

Name: kmfruits87 (Kimmy)

Meijer Store: Charlestown Road, New Albany, IN -- VERY rarely the Allison Lane, Jeffersonville, IN Store. Both double up to 0.50

About Me: I justed married DH in October, we were together for 6 years before we got married. No kids yet, some time in the future maybe. I love to read i almost read more than watch tv sometimes. I do love my reality tv though, project runway, top chef, etc. I also love NFL and NASCAR. I am a Pinterest addict, I LOVE that website. Learning to cook and to sew so having some adventures there as well.

Thing(s) I love about Meijer: I love Meijer because the store is always clean, the staff are friendly, they double (in my area), and they are open 24 hours! I work second shift so i normally dont get off work until 11pm and i can stop in there on my way home and pick up items if need be.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:19 AM

mnm'z has posted more than 10 good deals
Name: mnm'z
Store: West Michigan stores, 1st pick ~ Grandville, 2nd pick 54th Street
About me: I've lived in this area my entire life, I am married with 3 children (DS almost 26, DD 24 and Lilmama is 22), and I have THE most beautiful grandson in the world, LOL!

I've always been a coupon and sale shopper but took it to the next level once I learned how to strategic shop ~ I still shop more like the 'buy a head' principle because I also love a variety. I'll admit to having purchased 28 jars of peanut butter for $.75 each a couple of years ago (lasted me 8 months), 25 cans of Quaker oats at $.25 each (lasted a little over a year) BUT those are my biggest 'stock-ups'...

Things I love about Meijer: I can not lie to y'all, I do NOT 'love' Meijer. I like it because it's convenient and the prices are cheaper than Family Fare BUT... I always come out of that store in a bad mood.

I also do not like the mperks... there are not many coupons that you can stack anymore. I've noticed that most mperks are nothing more than e-manufacturer coupons.
The Following User Says Thank You to mnm'z For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2015, 07:12 AM

nanato3coupons has posted more than 75 good deals!
I'm new to this sight and shop at Meijer also. I'm wondering if there's a place on this sight where you can find a list of sales matched to coupons for the week - and on a weekly basis. I'd be interested one that deals with sales/matches in SE Michigan and also Florida. Thanks in advance!