New England Couponing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 01:22 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

brathier has posted more than 1 good deal
New England Couponing

Hi everyone! I am new to the couponing world, my partner was laid off from the police department and we've been struggling to stay afloat. We have a very active and adventurous 8 year old son who we need to feed and save our money for medical and other various healthcare reasons.

I have heard about a lot of problems for couponers and extreme couponers in the Rhode Island and Massachusetts area. Is it true that deals are hard to come by around here or is this a myth? Are there any neighboring states that are better options? What stores are our best options to shop at? Any advice possible would be greatly appreciated!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brathier For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:16 AM

RE: New England Couponing

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I live in MA. Drug store deals are very easy to come by as within 2 miles of my house there are a 2 CVS stores, 2 Rite Aid stores, and a Walgreen's. . . . Shaw's and Super Stop and Shop double up to 99 cents, Roche brothers will double 5 coupons every Tuesday with a $25 order, and Walmart is down the street. I live in a relatively wealthy area of Boston (like there's one that isn't) and there aren't a lot of couponers. I have never had a problem at a drug store . . . Shaw's and Walmart give overage.

Because our area doubles coupons, the biggest challenge is that most of the inserts are $1 off two. 50 cents off one is a MUCH better coupon but you can trade, buy on ebay, etc., if you want. I tend to just watch the deals and make do with what I have or through my train trades.

It absolutely can be done successfully in MA/RI. I know that in MA we don't pay tax on the precoupon price which is a great moneysaver, except at Rite Aid. I am not sure why that is and it seems to be a programming issue with certain registers . . .

Welcome and good luck!

paulsonja
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulsonja For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 05:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!MyGalAlly has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Just a clarification on Roche Bros...they will double coupons up to $.99 every day, but on Tuesdays, they double five $1.00 coupons in addition to any $.99 coupons they normally double.

Some people won't shop RB as they claim the prices are too high, but I've had good luck shopping there if I take the time to figure out the deals (and shop on Tuesdays if I remember!).

Yeah, it stinks that so many coupons are now $1/2. The other place to use these is Market Basket since they don't double coupons anyway and their everyday prices are generally lower than the other stores.

Good luck!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MyGalAlly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 05:44 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!paulsonja has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
thanks for that clarification, I usually avoid Roche Brothers because it's a little further and I get confused about what they will and won't do
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulsonja For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 09:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
khluvr621 has posted more than 50 good deals
I'm in Metro West Boston and within a mile circumference, there's a Shaw's, Stop & Shop, 2 CVS's, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. I tend to save my "under 99 cent" coupons for Shaw's and Stop & Shop only because of the doubling, but also see more non-food deals at all other places. Boston Globe is more per weekly Sunday newspaper than other national cities I've noted, so I tend to get my "money worth" by coupon clipping sites and other places. I do agree with the above statement of the $1/2 challenge.. I'll give in if it's something we'll use, otherwise, I tend to skip it
Old 12-02-2011, 04:28 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I live in NH and I shop the sale items at Shaw's (they double coupons and you often get great prices) and buy my everyday stuff (like bread, veggies, fruit, etc) at Market Basket.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 AM

Feels like this yr is flying by

My Mood/Status:
xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I feel like Market Basket prices have been on the rise. I still find their produce cheaper but I don't see a remarkable cost difference on the other times.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:56 PM

tidi220 has posted more than 300 great deals!tidi220 has posted more than 300 great deals!tidi220 has posted more than 300 great deals!tidi220 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGalAlly View Post
Just a clarification on Roche Bros...they will double coupons up to $.99 every day, but on Tuesdays, they double five $1.00 coupons in addition to any $.99 coupons they normally double.

Some people won't shop RB as they claim the prices are too high, but I've had good luck shopping there if I take the time to figure out the deals (and shop on Tuesdays if I remember!).

Yeah, it stinks that so many coupons are now $1/2. The other place to use these is Market Basket since they don't double coupons anyway and their everyday prices are generally lower than the other stores.

Good luck!
I never knew that, thanks! I generally avoid Roche Bros too but maybe i'll start checking out their flyers.