Baker Piggly Wiggly Becoming A Shoppers Value

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2015, 01:16 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Baker Piggly Wiggly Becoming A Shoppers Value

I had noticed that they were painting the store outside signage area a really ugly color. But, I didn't bother to visit, until last night. I did notice that there are a lot of changes going on, including painting, rearranging, new baskets and bin freezers. I still wasn't sure. So, I asked one of the managers and she said they were rebranding as a Shoppers Value. I did some searching online and see that the Baker store is supposed to change over, on Feb. 16th. It also says that this will be the 3rd Shoppers Value location. I knew there was one (the Greenwell Springs Road location). But, I did not know they had already changed over the Government Street store also. I'm guessing that all 9 locations will, eventually, be Shoppers Value stores. It has to be cheaper than paying that franchise fee to Piggly Wiggly.

I am not overwhelmed by the whole 10% added at the register thing. It's not that big of a savings on an item that cost $1.00. $0.97, instead of $1.00 is not huge. But, I did compare the 2 sales paper, for this week, and a few things stand out. I did consider buying the Pillsbury biscuits that were on sale for $1.25, at Piggly Wiggly. But, I see Shoppers Value has them on sale for $0.88. Even with the additional 10%, they are still $0.28 cheaper, at Shoppers Value. Shoppers Value also has gallons of Essential Everyday milk on sale for $2.98. Unless Piggly Wiggly is having an unadvertised sale on milk, then the $2.98 price is significantly cheaper than the $4-something price at Piggly Wiggly. One of the big drawbacks to shopping at Piggly Wiggly has been the high prices on non-sale items. Maybe this new approach will make their prices more competitive.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 07:26 PM

RE: Baker Piggly Wiggly Becoming A Shoppers Value

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mindyvolv has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mindyvolv has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mindyvolv has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mindyvolv has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mindyvolv has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mindyvolv has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have shopped twice at the one on Government because I happened to be near the area but just for quick pickup for dinner, so I was unable to evaluate whether I think there is significant value in shopping this store. I am a little turned off by the 10% surcharge; my view is why not just price the item at $1.10 instead of pricing it at $1.00 then adding the the .10 as a surcharge?!! I'm still paying $1.10! LOL!
Old 02-07-2015, 02:52 AM

RE: Baker Piggly Wiggly Becoming A Shoppers Value

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
With the 10% fee you would never get a free with coupon item, since the coupon is only redeemed for the face value of the coupon or item whichever is less.

The 10% fee would guarantee a profit to the store no matter if coupons are used, high SNAP usage, or low product turnover.