My Dirt Cheap Finds Today

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 12:01 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
My Dirt Cheap Finds Today

RE Style 3-way black floor lamp: $0.90

RE Style 3-way black floor lamp with attached secondary adjustable lamp: $1.30

2-pack flashlights: $0.38

Bag of Crayola Washable Finger paints (4, 4-oz tubes): $0.98

(3) RoseArt 16-color washable watercolor paint kits with brush: $0.38 each

Plus, no 4% state sales tax today. So, pretty good trip. I'm tired of buying school supplies. So, no haul on them today, even though they are down to 80% off and have lots left.

Last edited by Gransonec; 08-03-2013 at 12:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gransonec For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2013, 09:59 AM

RE: My Dirt Cheap Finds Today

Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Today, I got:

22 pairs of size 6 and 10 girl's underwear: $0.25 each
- I bought all they had left in those sizes

1 pair girl's stockings or pantyhose: $0.25

1 bag Conversational Hearts candy: $0.59

1 4-pack large tumbler glasses: $0.60

School supplies are now down to 90% off. But, I managed to get out of the store, without actually buying any. Well, this trip was better than my last one. Then, all I bought was a $0.59 bag of Conversational Hearts candy and a $0.60 1.5 inch binder.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:30 PM

I was lazy today and didn't get to visit until half an hour before closing. So, short on time and a lot of stuff was mostly gone. But, I did manage to get:

11 pairs of girls stockings/ hosiery in assorted styles and colors: $0.15 each
1 pair girls underwear: $0.15
4 pair men's underwear: $0.15 each
1 Measuring Cup: $0.20
2 Dry Erase Boards with markers: $0.20
1 Crayola Robot Round Up! Pop Up Book: $0.20
1 'Eat & Be Happy' Coupon Holder Collapsible Acordion Envelope: $0.20
- I found a clear plastic one on clearance at Dollar General last week for $0.75. It's much bigger/sturdier and this one is made of stiff paper with fewer pockets. But, I can actually fit this one in my pocket. I put all my coupons in the other one and it's now more than 1.5 inches thick. So, I guess, the paper one will be for planned trips.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:36 AM

I stopped by today and just bought stuff off the 10/$1 table. The schools supplies are down to 95% off. But, I couldn't find anything that I wanted. I also looked for some of the 'O' marked men's clothes, because the chart said they are $0.50. But, I couldn't find anything, in that section, marked 'O'. I had been seeing some of the 10/$1 stuff, when the tables were 5/$1. But, especially with the books, I counted on most people not willing to read. So, I figured, I could get them a bit cheaper - LOL Come on, never opened, full-sized $3.00 paperback novels for $0.10. Unbeatable, except for free.

Wuthering Heights
The Wind In The Willows
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Pride And Prejudice
Peter Pan
Northanger Abbey
A Little Princess

Okay, each of these books is available free, as ebooks and audiobooks on gutenberg.org. But... I like paper books better - LOL

I also got:
"History: I Can Write A Book! Looking Back To Write An Inspired Book!" Ages 7+
- One of my nieces just started 3rd grade and it may come in handy

Potato Peeler/ Bottle Opener
- I haven't bought a non-screw-top bottle in years. But, we do peel potatoes

Crayola Puzzle packs (2 per package)

French Fries Fast Food Holders - Fake McDonald's-like french fries cartons

Edu-States Tic-Tac-Toe Toy
- I don't know what it's called. But, it's the thing we have all had as kids, with the black backing, covered with gray, plastic sheets. You write on it, with the included plastic pen and lift up the plastic sheets to erase. Can't believe I don't know what these things are called. Anyway, of all the times i've seen toys similar to these at Dirt Cheap, this was the first time i've actually found one, with the plastic pen still attached.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:27 PM

Today, I got:

- Lexmark color inkjet cartridge: $2.50 (90% off)
- Banzai water slide: $0.50 (95% off)
Old 09-22-2013, 02:49 AM

tiffanysmallwood has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gransonec
Today, I got:

- Lexmark color inkjet cartridge: $2.50 (90% off)
- Banzai water slide: $0.50 (95% off)
Where? Target? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to tiffanysmallwood For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 09:31 AM

missphd has posted more than 100 good deals!missphd has posted more than 100 good deals!
Mom and I bought two Shark vacuums for $39 each in Long Beach. Also found her some NYDJ for $6. She called this morning to tell me she saw an ad for her new jeans $106!!! Love me some Dirt Cheap!
The Following User Says Thank You to missphd For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2013, 08:13 PM

Today, there was a whole aisle of 90% off toys. Not a lot to mention, because it was the same stuff that had been sitting around for a while. But, I did grab a Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine for $1.30. There were 3 or 4, all open. So, I stood there and actually assembled one, to make sure all parts were there. I skipped the Slushy Magics. The magic cubes in the 2 boxes I looked at had crud on them. There was no way I wanted to even try to clean them. I looked at the food shelves, near the office, and found most of the stuff up there was 90% off also. I was actually surprised to see 2 boxes of the Snoopy Sno-Cone Refill packs up there for $0.70. I bought both. I look at those shelves on every visit and the Snoopy refills haven't been there before. So, they were a real bonus. I also got a bottle of root beer flavored ice cream magic shell for $0.16. I bought a bottle last week, for $0.30-something cents. But, I never tried it out. So, I just bought 1 bottle today.

Didn't occur to me, until after I got home, that I didn't really need to buy the Sno-cone machine. I actually bought an electric one there ,last year or the year before, for about the same price. I just never think about it because it rarely gets used.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:33 AM

My drug of choice "Coupons"

My Mood/Status:
cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Is this Target??? PLMK
Old 10-13-2013, 02:38 PM

missphd has posted more than 100 good deals!missphd has posted more than 100 good deals!
Dirt Cheap is wonderful. I'm going to the building supplies store in Hattiesburg tomorrow to buy marble tile for my kitchen. Can't wait! $1.99 per square foot
Old 12-03-2013, 12:06 PM

Okay, I made my biggest underwear purchase, ever, today. I bought 60 pair. 58, for my 3 nieces, and 2 pair, for my mom. Seven pair rang up at $0.29. But, I got them anyway because I couldn't be sure, if those were the few size 4's I could find. It would have been bad to get undies for 2 sisters and none for the youngest one. I also got 2 girl's undershirts for $0.25 each. I also got a small room heater-fan unit for $7.37 (50% off) and several toys for 90% off. The overhead heater, in the master bath has died. So, $7.37 is a small price to pay, until it can be replaced.