I Need A CT Scan Of My Tummy Today :(

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 05:49 AM
Happy

My Mood/Status:
creekprinces has posted more than 200 great deals!creekprinces has posted more than 200 great deals!creekprinces has posted more than 200 great deals!
I need a CT scan of my tummy today :(

I am scared! I have to have a CT scan of my tummy today due to extreme pain on my upper left side and some pain on right side. I am swelling in the upper tummy area.

Anyone who has had this please tell me about it. I have to drink some solution today before the test and then have some injection! Any side effects to either? Ahhhh I hate injections, I hate them so much I am over due for a tetanus shot and I skipped the FLU shot.

Also my doctor didnt say much about what she thought was wrong....so why did you have yours done ???

And I'm considering TTC #2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 05:53 AM

RE: I need a CT scan of my tummy today :(

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
susan_t6 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susan_t6 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susan_t6 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susan_t6 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susan_t6 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susan_t6 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susan_t6 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I had one done for upper stomach pain and had to drink some stuff. I think it fills the tummy with air so they can see what they need to see. It does make you feel bloated and gassy. You have to hold the gas in as well until the test is over. You might have to drink something different though depending on what they are looking for. Hope the figure out what is wrong and it is something simple. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to susan_t6 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2008, 05:56 AM

AFC Star Member

maddieandcolesmom has posted more than 300 great deals!maddieandcolesmom has posted more than 300 great deals!maddieandcolesmom has posted more than 300 great deals!maddieandcolesmom has posted more than 300 great deals!
I have no experience, but you will be in our prayers and please keep us posted. Hugs to ya!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:26 AM

tired

My Mood/Status:
tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had a CT scan when I was having lower abdominal pain. It wasn't bad at all. I remember the solution didn't taste great and the injection felt odd, but nothing like some other test I have had done. The important thing is that they find out what it is going on with you so that you can get some relief. Good luck

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Ghandi
The Following User Says Thank You to tootsie roll For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2008, 07:05 AM

Happy

My Mood/Status:
creekprinces has posted more than 200 great deals!creekprinces has posted more than 200 great deals!creekprinces has posted more than 200 great deals!
Anyone care to share what winded up being wrong with them?

Edit: Let me add I have anxiety issues and this is driving me up a wall not knowing. So all help is welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:10 AM

My Mood/Status:
mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mandiedq has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I had upper quadrant pain (mostly in the right side). It ended up being a gall bladder issue. They removed it. They did an ultrasound to determine that.
The Following User Says Thank You to mandiedq For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2008, 07:25 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
BingoRudy has posted more than 400 great deals!BingoRudy has posted more than 400 great deals!BingoRudy has posted more than 400 great deals!BingoRudy has posted more than 400 great deals!BingoRudy has posted more than 400 great deals!
DH had one about 2 years ago. He got huge yellow blisters on his eyes and had to go to the eye doctor the same day. It turns out that the stuff they injected him with caused it. They didn't tell him that he was supposed to drink lots of water afterward to flush it out. Make sure you drink LOTS of water afterward!
The Following User Says Thank You to BingoRudy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2008, 07:39 AM

Where did all the time go?

My Mood/Status:
mrsbrehmer has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mrsbrehmer has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mrsbrehmer has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mrsbrehmer has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mrsbrehmer has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mrsbrehmer has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mrsbrehmer has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mrsbrehmer has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mrsbrehmer has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mrsbrehmer has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!mrsbrehmer has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I had a CT scan of my stomach when I was like 10. I still remember how nasty the stuff tasted that I had to drink. It tasted like rotten orange juice. I hope it tastes a lot better these days. They also injected me with idodine. It left a coppery taste in my mouth. They found nothing wrong then. But less then a week after I had my daughter (7 months ago) I started having sever abdominal pain in my upper right abdomen. It turned out to be my gallbladder. I had surgery to have it removed only 10 days after I had just had a C-section! I hope everything turns out ok! I'll be praying for you.
Friend to many
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsbrehmer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2008, 08:23 AM

Happy

My Mood/Status:
Interesting about your hubby judy kolecheck.... my doctors nurse told me to only drink 6 oz of water 3 times mixed with the solution, and nothing else. Imma call them now :/

Edit update: I ct scan people said not to listen to my doctor I should drink as much Clear Liquids as I want.

Last edited by creekprinces; 05-01-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:28 AM

Missing you all
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had a cat scan done also, awhile back, the injection is fine nothing to it...don't remember drinking anything though...Good luck to you, lets us know how you make out...
Old 05-01-2008, 11:37 AM

Mother to two beautiful children

My Mood/Status:
twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
They did a pelvic and abdominal scan on me for lower stomach pain. They found nothing, I still have stomach pains all the time though. I remember first and foremost that nasty contrast I had to drink. I had not been able to eat or drink all day due to the pain so I am told to drink this nasty concoction around 10:00 pm. When my stomach is empty everything makes it nauseous. It was horrible--they gave me 15 minutes to drink the entire 12 oz of nasty orange liquid and believe me it took the entire time.

Hope all is well, let us know what happens.
Tabatha, Mommy to Nicole and Mikey, Aunt Tabby to Colin, Stephen, Courtney, Sydney, Ashley (our angel in heaven-12-23-05), Reed, Chance, Blake, and Joshua (our 2nd angel in heaven- 11-26-08), and Riley.

Tags
scan, today, tummy