What Does A Bee Sting Look Like?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 02:24 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
What does a bee sting look like?

I've never really been stung by anything, besides Mosquitos, until today. It hurt so bad, right on the back of my neck. I didn't see it but it was buzzing and left a dark colored stinger, so I think it was a bee? I am freaking out because in all my 27 years I haven't been stung by a bee. I can't get a good look at it because it's on the back of my neck do I handed my 6 year old a pair of tweezers and told him he had to get the stinger out, to my surprise he got it on the second try! When researching online it said a bee sting looks like a white pimple but mine looks more like a red hole in my skin, not a bump.. Do bee stings look like that?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:35 PM

RE: What does a bee sting look like?

qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Could be a yellow jacket? I'm in the south and just got stung by 4 of them when I ran over their colony (southern yellow jackets build underground colonies) with the lawn mower. They hurt really bad. Bad pain for 2 days. Use cortaid, pain reliever and keep putting ice on it. Also can take benadryl or allegra. Hope it feels better soon.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:37 PM

cookbook1212 has posted more than 5 good deals
There are all kinds of bees, hornets, yellow jackets, and wasps. There may be more types but where I live, Mass, those are the ones I'm aware of. I've read that you shouldn't use tweezers to remove the stinger because it actually squeezes more "poison" into your tissues. WTG for your little one, he was a trooper helping his mom I'm not sure that you can tell from the look of it what it is. I've been stung by a yellow jacket, it hurt like the dickens, and was a red, raised welt looking thing. If you can, be on the lookout for more of "them". If you can identify what it is, you can find sprays that will help get rid of them. (I'm assuming you got stung at home). So sorry you got stung!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:43 PM

dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qrazy
Could be a yellow jacket? I'm in the south and just got stung by 4 of them when I ran over their colony (southern yellow jackets build underground colonies) with the lawn mower. They hurt really bad. Bad pain for 2 days. Use cortaid, pain reliever and keep putting ice on it. Also can take benadryl or allegra. Hope it feels better soon.
Yikes that's awful!
I did read that you should use something to "brush" it off rather than pull it out because of the venom sack. But I also read the quicker you get it out is more important than how you get it out. I was just in a panic and wanted it out ASAP it is sore but not unbearable. Im mostly just a worry wart and think "what if it wasn't a bee, and I'm going to die!?"
Old 07-16-2013, 12:30 AM

cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Glad you didn't have a bad reaction. It sucks getting stung. Be watchful in the future if any allergies run in your family, because it takes getting stung the first time to have any type of allergic reaction the second time. Don't get paranoid (most people are NOT allergic) but should you ever be stung again, be alert for any signs of unusual swelling (a little is normal) or any difficulty breathing.

It most likely was a bee sting, since the stinger was left behind. Wasps and hornets can sting multiple times, bees only once because they leave the stinger behind (at least you get the satisfaction of knowing they then die!)

For removing a stinger, they generally suggest scraping it with a credit card because it keeps any more venom from being pushed in. (Just in case one of your kids ever gets stung or someone else you have to help out!)