My Eye Dr Said There Is A Floater

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Help Sign My eye Dr said there is a floater

Dr said there was a floater in my eye. Have any AFCers had one of these?

The Eye Floater Cure
Most of us want to avoid dangerous surgeries at all costs. There is no real way, as of yet, to cure one's eyes from floaters completely. However, the eye natural healing process is much more powerful than some people want to believe.

Floaters may cause depression, anxiety and many other related problems. Some want to get rid of them by surgery, without analyzing the numerous alternatives. In this article, we are going to focus in the best and safest cure for floaters. Please note that if your eyes are in pain or you suddenly experience flashes of light, you must contact a doctor immediately. This page is meant for those whose floaters are only annoying and painless.

Now let's begin. What's the safest cure for floaters? Getting used to them. It's true; being bothered by floaters is entirely psychological. However, there are ways to actually decrease the floaters that we can see and, most importantly, stop more floaters from being formed.

First of all, let's have a quick peak at the eye. What are floaters, and where are they formed? The eye has a jelly-like substance that constitutes most of the inner eye. This is contained in the vitreous. It is normal that as the eye ages, the vitreous begins forming "webs" (floaters) which are "cracks" in the vitreous. They range enormously in size and shape, from tiny dots that can be barely seen, to enormous dragon-shaped floaters.

The brain has a natural tendency to ignore everything that we do not need. Furthermore, there is a very strong correlation between the time we have experienced floaters and the actual floaters we see. The longer we've had them, the less we see them. If we add our eye's natural healing process to our brain's superb ignore capacity, it is conspicuous why we gradually stop seeing floaters. The real problem arises when new floaters are formed on a frequent basis.

How to stop floaters from being formed? While there is no real way to stop the formation of floaters (that is confirmed), there are many ways to strengthen one's eyes which will in turn lessen the creation of new floaters and even accelerate the eye's healing process as it has been proven by many doctors and floater-patients such as myself.

Before going any further, I want to say something very important: Avoid surgery at all costs. If your eyes are not in pain and you do not see any flashes of light, then please do yourself a favor and never subject yourself to surgery. Even if you do see occasional flashes of light, go see your doctor and don't insist on having surgery. Ask many questions and consult at least two doctors. It's your eyes we are talking about: you only have two and you must take care of them.

Having said that, let's continue. The first, and foremost most important step, is to have a good diet. This is not important: it's imperative. A good diet will not only help your eyes; it will help your heart, brain and just about your whole organism which will in turn help your eyes even more. Never underestimate the power of having a good diet. What constitutes a good diet? Water, vegetables, water and more vegetables. Of course you must add meat from time to time, fruits, bread; but with water and vegetables you are already halfway there. Avoid fast-food at all costs and try to eat fresh vegetables as frequently as possible. Now that we are on the topic, there is one drink that you must consider: red wine. I have heard it from many doctors: a glass of red wine every two nights (or even nightly) is good for the eyes and heart.

Exercise is vital. I know that every doctor and his mother recommend the basic nutrition/exercise combination. It is so important that it's something you should be reminded again and again. That combination will not only help your eyes directly, it will help you lose weight which is a primary factor of vision-loss and even believed to be a direct cause of floaters. Nutrition and exercise will also help your heart - you need a strong heart for your eyes to function properly.

Are your eyes frequently irritated? Then you may need natural eye-drops. I will tell you a bit about a personal experience. My eyes are bigger than normal and when they close, they can't close completely making them frequently irritated, or as some would say, "red". After visiting numerous ophthalmologists they all recommended costly medications that I used: none worked. I visited more ophthalmologists, wasted more money and ultimately gave up and resigned to red eyes. When talking to a good friend of mine, he recommended natural eye-drops. I bought them, used them and within two days my eyes were as clear as water (well, almost!) What can you learn from this? Never underestimate the power of natural medication. It does not have any side effects, and trying them can only make your eyes stronger. If your eyes are even a bit irritated, try natural eye-drops. They are a great relief. Never use them more than two or three times per day.

I am hesitant about this way to improve one's eyes, but I have been told by so many ophthalmologists to do it, that I will include it here. It can do no harm, so trying it won't hurt you in any way. It's so simple and yet nobody does it. Ready? Gaze at the moon. It's been said that gazing at the moon does help preserve vision. Even better, it's rumored that the brain ignores floaters faster if you gaze at the moon for just five minutes every night. What have you got to lose? Try it!

So we covered a good nutrition, exercise, eye-drops, gazing at the moon... what else do we need? Ah that's right, to stop thinking about floaters. Seriously after you finish reading the articles in this website, close your computer and don't even think about the word "floater" ever again. That is, unless you experience flashers or other eye problems. If you don't then there's nothing you need and you can safely forget about them. If looking at the sky makes you remember about floaters then guess what? Don't look at the sky. It's simple: just ignore floaters. Within a few weeks your brain will have learned what a floater looks like and it will ignore it even further. Just give it an "ignore boost" and don't pay attention to them yourself. They are not worth it, everyone has them, and there's no need to worry about something you can't change in the first place. Erase the word "floater" from your vocabulary and go live a happy life. Don't forget your vegetables.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bodacious For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-03-2009, 06:25 PM

RE: My eye Dr said there is a floater

Back to reality

My Mood/Status:
karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!karenvallone has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I work for a group of eye doctors and I must say that I hear this every day. Our doctors are all about natural "medications". I am so glad you finally found one that is working for you. Ignoring the floaters is probably the hardest thing to train your brain to do, but once you do....sheer heaven. Dont forget about diet as well, lutein found in lots of fresh dark green leafy veggies is highly recommended for eye health.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:32 PM

AFC Star Member

grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
i got hit in the eye with a racquet ball a month ago ( i know, i was not wearing safety glasses!) i was completly blind in that eye for a couple of days, then could only see out half of my eye for three weeks. my vision has finally fully returned except for a small black floater. i keep imaging it is the image of the r. ball flying at my face forever imprinted! . but it is good to know there is no real problem with having one. it is small and comes and goes, but i feel like its here to stay. i am gonna start trying the moon thing though. what do i have to loose? thanks, this was interesting.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:41 PM

Blessed!

My Mood/Status:
doubleblssd has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubleblssd has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubleblssd has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubleblssd has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubleblssd has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubleblssd has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubleblssd has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubleblssd has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubleblssd has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubleblssd has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!doubleblssd has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I have floaters. Sometimes they bother me. Sometimes not. Most of the time I don't even notice them but when I am on the computer at work and driving they seem to be the most noticable. Also I did have Lasik 2 years ago and they did get worse after the surgery.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grace.maddie View Post
i got hit in the eye with a racquet ball a month ago ( i know, i was not wearing safety glasses!) i was completly blind in that eye for a couple of days, then could only see out half of my eye for three weeks. my vision has finally fully returned except for a small black floater. i keep imaging it is the image of the r. ball flying at my face forever imprinted! . but it is good to know there is no real problem with having one. it is small and comes and goes, but i feel like its here to stay. i am gonna start trying the moon thing though. what do i have to loose? thanks, this was interesting.
I did the moon exercise last night. . .kind of relaxing. . .I think we have a full moon coming up. . .July 7. . . .more benefits. . .
Old 08-20-2009, 06:28 AM

Tired of Extreme Couponing ****ola

My Mood/Status:
couponguru has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!couponguru has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!couponguru has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!couponguru has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!couponguru has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!couponguru has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
So enjoyed the info on floaters. I was about 20 when I rushed to the eye dr because of these. They showed up suddenly - "floating" across my accounting exam. I had to move the paper to read whatever was blocked out by the floater and I was totally freaked. I rarely notice them now and had assumed they had broken down to such a small size that I couldn't see them. Interesting to know that my brain may have trained itself to ignore them!