Can Someone Who's On Coumadin Take Robitussin For Cough?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 02:49 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Question Can someone who's on coumadin take robitussin for cough?

My mil has a really bad cold and cough. I have a robitussin cough dm syrup that I was thinking of offering to her but not sure if she can take it.
She has been on coumadin for 5 months already and will probably be off of it in a month or so.
Since it's sunday and the office is closed she can't call the doctors office to ask.
Does anyone know if this is safe to take for just the cough?
I"m not sure if she has hight blood pressure as well but i'm going to ask just in case, not sure if robitussin is one of the safer meds or not.
She is at a wake right now thats why I wanted to take it to her. She stopped by our home and we will also be going to the wake but just waiting for ds to wake up from his nap.
Any info would be great thanks
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-28-2008, 05:26 PM

RE: Can someone who's on coumadin take robitussin for cough?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Jenn

My Mood/Status:
jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My 92 year old Grandmother takes coumadin. When she had a really bad cold/cough last year, she took Robitussen for it.

Hope you MIL gets better soon. Coughs are the worst.

Also, lots of hot tea with lemon juice will slow the coughing down. LOTS of hot tea. A humidifier or vaporizer will help too.

I also heard that rubbing the bottom of your feet with vicks helps. I had bronchitis a few weeks ago and tried it and it didn't work but I checked it out on snopes.com and it didn't say whether or not it was a wives tale. Some people swear by it. I guess trying it wouldn't hurt.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Monty
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Molly
, Ari
, Simon
, Orange

please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets
The Following User Says Thank You to jennjenn For This Useful Post: