Have Some Questions On Getting Your Tubes Tied?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 09:07 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
jafsunshine has posted more than 300 great deals!jafsunshine has posted more than 300 great deals!jafsunshine has posted more than 300 great deals!jafsunshine has posted more than 300 great deals!
Have some questions on getting your tubes tied?

I"m currently pregnant with my 4th child and am considering a tubal. I was actually suggested to it by my midwife since I got pregnant on the pill twice now and we know that it doesn't work for me. But I'm a bit nervous about it. I Have a friend who just recently had it done directly after giving birth and is really sore in her incision from having it done even almost a week after it was done. I know that you can get a less invasive one done 6 weeks after the birth but not sure if that is a bigger pain having to go back in afterwards. So i"m looking to you ladies for your help and your knowledge on this. If you have any information that you are willing to share about your own personal experience in having this done I would appreciate it. The whole thing scares me to death. Just not sure about recovery and leaving the baby right after she is born to get it done and the pain and everything else involved in getting either the right after birth one or the 6 week later one. Please help me sort this out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jafsunshine For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-09-2008, 09:10 AM

RE: Have some questions on getting your tubes tied?

My Mood/Status:
mommyto3 has posted more than 25 good deals
I had a tubal with my third, but she was a c-section baby, so it was not really any different for me. If it were me I would want to get it over with as soon as possible and not have to go back.
Just my 2cents.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mommyto3 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 09:12 AM

meems has posted more than 100 good deals!meems has posted more than 100 good deals!
There is some pain, but nothing that would stop you from anything, my pain was more of a pulling on one side, they said it was common because of the proceedure used..but it wasn't enough pain to even require meds. "really sore" and pain are two different things, KWIM? But then..your threshold for pain would make a difference...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meems For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 09:22 AM

wants you to come bid on my auction!

My Mood/Status:
bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bargainshopper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Make hubby get a V!!!!!

sorry that is how I feel about it.

If either of us were to have to go through it then I would make him to it after all I already went through all the initial pain.
Have you ever tried any other B.C.? I have an IUD and it works wonderfully! This is my second one (1st removed to have a baby!)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bargainshopper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 09:29 AM

fished cutting coupons and is organizing them

My Mood/Status:
NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for asking this question. I want a permanent fix after this baby and would rather have it done at delivery if my Dr. will do it. But I hate pain.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NoahsMomma For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 09:51 AM

AFC Star Member

EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
A close friend had the Essure method done a couple of weeks ago and it was very painless. She was in and out of the outpatient clinic in an hour and back to work the next morning.

Overview of Essure
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EngineersWife For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 10:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
chasindeals has posted more than 200 great deals!chasindeals has posted more than 200 great deals!chasindeals has posted more than 200 great deals!
I had mine done about 6 weeks after giving birth and as meems said there is some pain but it won't stop you from doing anything. Very simple procedure. Outpatient and I was home taking care of DS by the afternoon. I was honestly suprised at how little pain there was.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
aimeejo has posted more than 100 good deals!aimeejo has posted more than 100 good deals!
I wanted to get a tubal after my second but my Doctor's refused..So I got a Mirena IUD and I am SOOOOO happy with it. No period or nothing!!!
I had it inserted 3 weeks after DD was born and have no regrets.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:35 PM

fished cutting coupons and is organizing them

My Mood/Status:
NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeejo View Post
I wanted to get a tubal after my second but my Doctor's refused..So I got a Mirena IUD and I am SOOOOO happy with it. No period or nothing!!!
I had it inserted 3 weeks after DD was born and have no regrets.
Can you breastfed on this BC? I plan on BF the new baby also. I had problems with my milk supply after my 5th child~Noah was born and I went on low dose of the pill. I had to go off and milk supply returned.
The Following User Says Thank You to NoahsMomma For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 02:44 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
slpjlc has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!slpjlc has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!slpjlc has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!slpjlc has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!slpjlc has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!slpjlc has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
i had a tubal 6 weeks after I had my daughter and I arrived at hospital at 9 am and was out by 1230. I was nervous when I got there so they gave me a iv which they do and then some meds to help calm me down, Then surgery went fine and when I woke up they gave me liqwuids and I had to pee before I was allowwed t leave. I was very tied that day. I had one incision in belly button other on side.But after that day I was fine. Had to wait so long to have sex forget how long . But They give you meds for pain if you want them. It wasnt bad though. I thought after wards I was nervous about what? I have 2 kids and both times I had complications with pregnancy. So I was sure I was done. When I was leaving hospital they were going to get me a wheel chair I said Why? I can walk they didnt wewant me to but They agreed as long as was held onto. But it will be fine if you decide to get it done.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slpjlc For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 03:01 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
sunshinejanie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sunshinejanie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sunshinejanie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sunshinejanie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sunshinejanie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sunshinejanie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sunshinejanie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sunshinejanie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sunshinejanie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sunshinejanie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sunshinejanie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Just make sure that it is really what you want. I personally would explore depo or mirena just because those are easily reversable. I almost did it when youngest dd was born because I was sure I was done! Well, didn't get tubes tied thankfully and currently trying for number 4!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunshinejanie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 04:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
chasindeals has posted more than 200 great deals!chasindeals has posted more than 200 great deals!chasindeals has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Just make sure that it is really what you want.
Now I definately agree with that. I had 2 difficult pregancies so my mom talked me into getting my tubes tied. I am 38 and my youngest is 13. My boys are not DH's. We have been together for 10 years now and he would like to have a child together.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:54 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
jafsunshine has posted more than 300 great deals!jafsunshine has posted more than 300 great deals!jafsunshine has posted more than 300 great deals!jafsunshine has posted more than 300 great deals!
Thanks, but this is my 4th and I am definatley more than done!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:06 PM

Baby Dylan is here
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am trying to decided also. I have gotten preggo on birth control twice and twice no birth control. after this I will have 3 beautiful baby and i think im done. I want to get DH clipped but hes a big baby and will not do it. so Im thinking about the mirnea. I like the idea its good for 5 years and not totally permanent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannasavemoney For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 06:02 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had mine done three months after my ds was born. There really wasn't too much pain and I have never regretted doing it. If you know you are done it is the way to go. Good luck.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to superk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 09:27 PM

If it's FREE it's for ME:)

My Mood/Status:
oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!oneblessedmommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Why are men so scared to have there's clipped? I think its much easier for them to do it then us we go through every thing with our periods, pregnancy, birth and then BC. I am thankful that I have a DH that had his done and it was nothing for him it hurt for one day and it was done with. Look at all the years of pain we have to go through. I basically told my husband if he didn't want anymore he had to get it done. I don't do well on BC and I had two c-sections so i was not getting my tubes tied.

If you can get your husband to have a vasectomy! That is just my opinion.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sweetie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
White Paws

Did I mention I have a wonderful husband!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oneblessedmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 09:32 PM

Baby Dylan is here
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!wannasavemoney has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneblessedmommy View Post
Why are men so scared to have there's clipped? I think its much easier for them to do it then us we go through every thing with our periods, pregnancy, birth and then BC. I am thankful that I have a DH that had his done and it was nothing for him it hurt for one day and it was done with. Look at all the years of pain we have to go through. I basically told my husband if he didn't want anymore he had to get it done. I don't do well on BC and I had two c-sections so i was not getting my tubes tied.

If you can get your husband to have a vasectomy! That is just my opinion.
probably not going to happen this is a man that can barley get his blood drawn out of his arm. I could only imagine a DR down there with a knife or what ever tools they use
Old 12-09-2008, 10:24 PM

hasn't found any good deals lately
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had mine done after 3rd baby all c sects and it was more painfull than other times. It made me said sometimes knowing I would never be a new mommy again. I did just have to have hot water abalation and some scat tissue removed from my tubes after 4 years with my tubes tied. I think it's just a personal decision you have to make. It is much easier to get it done at the birth of our child though. JMO
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mcdlady1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2008, 05:41 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
I know that I will be very sad when I get it done. Even though I nkow that I do not want anymore children this is it. This makes it completely official which is why I didn't get it done after child #3 but then I got pregnant yet again. So I do know that I will emotionally morn about it.

For those who did have it done right after birth can you tell me how long you were away from the baby? I"m planning on nursing so that is a bit of a worry for me being gone and having the baby want to nurse while I"m gone.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:59 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
my6kids has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!my6kids has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!my6kids has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!my6kids has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!my6kids has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!my6kids has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!my6kids has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I had my tubes tied after my last but I had a c-section so they were done at the same time. If I remember correctly I was only in the operating room abut 15-20 minutes longer than my other C-sections. I wanted the hysterectomy at that time but the insurance said no. My cousin had hers done 6 weeks after birth and felt bad for a few days but she has a very low level of pain. I also got pregnant with two kids on BC so even having my tubes tied didn't give me that "WHEW" feeling about not getting pregnant again I was sooo excited when my dr finally convinced my insurance how medically necessary a hysterectomy was for me. Medically my doctors had pushed for one since I was 28 but I didn't get it until I was 34.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to my6kids For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2008, 12:14 AM

Back and ready to save money!
Supporting Member

rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had an Mirena IUD like another poster had mentioned and am very happy with it. They consider it sterlization and it is extremely effective and there is no pain or real risks. It is good for 5 years at a time. Just a thought also.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rach For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2008, 05:51 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
I appreciate the other suggestion other than getting your tubes tied but I don't think that my husband is going to go for it. We were convinced that the pill was going to be successful for us the 2nd time around and it wasn't. So I don't think that he is going to believe anything at this point. For whatever reason the 2 of us together are extremely fertile.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
fitz has posted more than 75 good deals!
I had mine done during my 3rd C-section. I am glad I had it done at the same time so that I would not have to go back in. It seemed like I had a little more pain with this C-section than the other two C-sections however they had some complications with my bleeding which had nothing to do with the my tubes done. I do believe it will be a lot less cost as you do not have to admit into the hosp. again or same day as you are already there so if you look at the cost you might want to have it done the same day especially if you are planning on having it done only 6 wks. later being that time flies so fast anyways and then you are sitting and thinking about it that whole time. The other thing to keep in mind is that on my first one I had to have by wisdom teeth removed and they needed to put me under for a little bit and I had asked them if I would be able to breastfeed after the procedure and they said "yes" however they did not say that I would have to wait like 24 hrs. so now that I can not pump what was the baby suppose to eat and then to try and get my milk. So you are in pain in more than one area and baby hungry and not sleeping. It was a mess. I would say have it done right away. Hope I helped you a little.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fitz For This Useful Post: