My Crown Fell Off My Tooth!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 12:28 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Help Sign My crown fell off my tooth!

Has anyone had a crown come off of their tooth? I had a root canal and crown done about 2 years ago.
Mine popped off last night and it has been throbbing ever since! How can that be? I thought there was just a stump under the crown???
If your has popped off.... were they able to reattach it or did you have to have a new one made?
TIA!
Mary
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:32 PM

RE: My crown fell off my tooth!

Relaxing

My Mood/Status:
twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I think they have to get a new one put in.. Make an appointment asap with the dentist
The Following User Says Thank You to twilcn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 12:34 PM

Blessed beyond my dreams!!

My Mood/Status:
calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
They can reattach it or you can by purchasing the glue at WM in the oral care isle. With toothpaste and stuff. Doesn't last as long but saves you money in the meantime. Tried with husband, worked. If theres not a stump this will not work. you will need to see dentist asap.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Kyle (17)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Britt (15)
(boyscout), Johnathan (10)
,Taz
The Following User Says Thank You to calico32 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 12:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Kt&Cj'sMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
My dentist doesnt work on Wed.'s. =( Waiting on tomorrow to call. This sucks because my whole right side of my face is throbbing. Plus, when I had it put in (different dentist, different state) they told me it would last for YEARS, like 10 or more. AND when I got it, I was expecting a ceramic one and was shocked and horrified that I got a gold one. I didnt know it until I was leaving and went to the bathroom to rinse my mouth out. They blew me off when I freaked out about it and said that it would last longer and it was the last tooth in the back, so what did it matter. And to think, this was a Dental Spa. $$$$!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico32 View Post
They can reattach it or you can by purchasing the glue at WM in the oral care isle. With toothpaste and stuff. Doesn't last as long but saves you money in the meantime. Tried with husband, worked. If theres not a stump this will not work. you will need to see dentist asap.

Stump is there and just fine. How long does this glue last? Will the dentist be able to pop it back off to cement it on later?
Old 10-08-2008, 12:54 PM

Blessed beyond my dreams!!

My Mood/Status:
calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!calico32 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Yes, they can reattach after use. Lasts a couple of months.
, Kyle (17)
, Britt (15)
(boyscout), Johnathan (10)
,Taz
The Following User Says Thank You to calico32 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 01:23 PM

is craving burnt popcorn!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
wlcross has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!wlcross has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!wlcross has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!wlcross has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!wlcross has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!wlcross has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!wlcross has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!wlcross has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!wlcross has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!wlcross has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!wlcross has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have had 2 root canals done in the last couple months and I was told that after they do the root canal there arent any nerves left to have pain. So maybe they didn't do what they were suppose to??
The Following User Says Thank You to wlcross For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 01:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
I dont know. What I do know is that Im going to have to take a vicodin bc my face is killing me. I brushed around the stump last night to make sure there wasnt any cement that would fall off in my sleep (eek!) and the back part of my gum area was bleeding. Not sure what happened.
I just know that Im in pain.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
tryingtosave23 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tryingtosave23 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tryingtosave23 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tryingtosave23 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tryingtosave23 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tryingtosave23 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tryingtosave23 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tryingtosave23 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tryingtosave23 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tryingtosave23 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!tryingtosave23 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
If your crown was loose then the debris from eating probably was getting stuck and irritated your gums. That is more than likely why it was bleeding. You should not have any feeling in that tooth b/c the roots are gone. I am not sure why your face is hurting so bad. You could rinse with some warm salt water and maybe that will sooth around the stump.
The glue you get at the store will hold it until you can get into to see your dentist. More than likely he will use the same crown and he shouldn't have any problem getting it off.
I hope you feel better and can get into the dentist soon!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to tryingtosave23 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 05:54 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
YES, I KNOW how you feel and the pain. I had the very same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. I was eating a very sticky candy and sure enough my back bottom Crown came right out, I could not believe it. Anyway, I contacted my Dentist right away and he was able to get me in two days. The pain was really awful, but I do have a prescription of a Narcotic Pain Killer for my Spinal Cord Injury. so taking a couple of those pills removed my pain in a heart beat, until I could see my Dentist. Thank goodness the Dentist could reglue it back onto my tooth, but since then I have been having major issues with that tooth. Perhaps I will need to have the tooth pulled.

Really hope you feel better and your Dentist will fix it for you.

PLEASE take care.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fohrenburger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 06:08 PM

Hoping for the best

My Mood/Status:
erainwater1976 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!erainwater1976 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!erainwater1976 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!erainwater1976 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!erainwater1976 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!erainwater1976 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!erainwater1976 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!erainwater1976 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!erainwater1976 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!erainwater1976 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!erainwater1976 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
get to the dentist soon.. I have a cap on one of my teeth and I am hoping that doesn't happen. hope your pain goes away sorry it happened to you..
The Following User Says Thank You to erainwater1976 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 06:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thanks all!
Do any of you know about how much it is to get it glued back on by the dentist? Just curious as to what to expect.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:20 PM

AFC Star Member

grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
my grandpa is a dds, but i have the worst teeth ever. i have had teeth that i had root canals done one that hurt later and when they went it they found that they had missed a little of the root. thats probably what happend and why you are in pain. they will probably open it up again and get the rest of the root. i had a crown pop off and they glued it back on. no problem. i think you should be fine except if there was damage to the crown when it fell out. i would assume if you go to a reputable dds, then they should fix this for free since they were the ones that missed the root. at most, i would think they would charge you an office visit, but i don't feel you should be charged.
my g pa is very old school and he prefers not to numb me while getting a root canal so he can tell when he has the root all the way cleaned out (when i feel bllinding white hot pain!!!) and i have had four root canals!
try some oragel and vocodine. i am the queen off tooth pain. i never get stuff fixed when i should b/c i am almost always preggers.
The Following User Says Thank You to grace.maddie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 07:21 PM

AFC Star Member

grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
oh, biting on a whole clove will lessen the pain too.
The Following User Says Thank You to grace.maddie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 07:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
I would go back to the dentist who did it but I live about 14 hours away

Thanks for the info!

As for not being numbed, hell no! Made me cringe
Old 10-12-2008, 09:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
Well, found out it was my retainer that caused my crown to pop off. So if you wear retainers at all and have a crown, be careful!!
I didnt have it put back on yet because I went awhile without wearing my bottom retainer and I have one tooth that wants to move back. So in a couple days I will make the appt. Im afraid to wear the retainer and have my crown on now