Are Kroger Cards Limited To 1 Per Household?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

misspink has posted more than 200 great deals!misspink has posted more than 200 great deals!misspink has posted more than 200 great deals!
are Kroger cards limited to 1 per household?

Could my DH get his own card or is it limited to one per household?
The Following User Says Thank You to misspink For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 09:46 PM

RE: are Kroger cards limited to 1 per household?

"Believe the Impossible"

My Mood/Status:
mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by misspink View Post
Could my DH get his own card or is it limited to one per household?
Wonderful question!

I'm not sure, but I'd call them just to be sure there would be no drama.

Here's the number: 1-866-221-4141.

Please keep up posted!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't think it's limited. However, kriger does not have limits on items. Unless u don't want him using your gas points, it would probably be best to share one. At times me and dh will actually line up behind each other to maximize the gas savings and fill one tank as well as top off another. If u both have your own, I would think that your grocery grocery purchases woul be split on the 2 cards and would not add up ad quickly. The new cards my store has includes 1 reg store card and 2 keychain cards.
The Following User Says Thank You to keoughrn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 AM

misspink has posted more than 200 great deals!misspink has posted more than 200 great deals!misspink has posted more than 200 great deals!
thanks! The reason I am asking is because I have the key chain card but cannot find the other ones! Also, my husband buys stuff for work sometimes, so I receive personal coupons I am not interested about! I need to go to Kroger this afternoon, so I'll ask at the customer service.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 PM

Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Niddi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I got another card when they stopped allowing you to use e coupons with paper coupons. I had all these coupons loaded to my card and there was no way to get them removed. (I wanted to use the paper coupons that doubled) I ended up getting another card and had no problem. Since the only particiapting gas station is 30 min away I don't bother with the gas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 04:46 PM

musicphreak has posted more than 10 good deals
We have two at our house-both have the same address but are in each of our cell phone numbers. Didn't do it on purpose, but when we first moved to town and started shopping there we each went at different times and ended up with two cards. Four years later nothing's been said.
The Following User Says Thank You to musicphreak For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 06:37 PM

I asked the person at the customer service and he had no clue!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 PM

buckyphoto has posted more than 1 good deal
Nope! My husband and I had our own for a while, but it wasn't really very beneficial since then instead of the points being together, they're on two different accounts. Our Kroger here in Clarksville, TN has its own gas pumps, and since a lot of gas stations use the points for fuel discounts, it makes sense to consolidate points (BUT! You can register two cards online! Yay!)
The Following User Says Thank You to buckyphoto For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
Bfayeee has posted more than 100 good deals!Bfayeee has posted more than 100 good deals!
I work for Kroger and there is no limit to how many you can have. You can also link them all together, or keep them separate. Doesn't matter. (:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bfayeee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 11:02 PM

Meijer is no longer my happy place. :(

My Mood/Status:
IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!IndyMom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Me and my DH both have different cards (we're still using the same cards we had when we met) both registered to the same address and same last name and never have a problem.

We usually shop lightly at kroger anymore so I'm not really worried about the fuel points being spread out amongst two cards.
I can see why some may also want to have a few cards for multiple ecoupons (I have more than one mPerk account for that reason) but I'd rather use the paper coupons since they double and you can't stack ecoupons.

I think the only thing I'd worry about is (if you are a big Kroger fan) spreading out the total monthly dollars over two accounts. Once you hit a certain spending limit each month Kroger puts you on their mailing list for custom coupons and freebie coupons.
I don't know what their threshold is to get on that list but if it's ummm $400 a month and you spent $350 on one card and $50 on the other, you wouldn't be added to the list.

hope that makes sense!
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyMom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 AM

My Mood/Status:
buckshot2011 has posted more than 25 good deals
We have 2 cards too. The local krogers said we can have as many cards as we want.
The Following User Says Thank You to buckshot2011 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2013, 06:16 AM

Cool

My Mood/Status:
Mom of 5 has posted more than 75 good deals!
If you get another card, you can have customer service link the new card to your old (key chain) one - I did this and it works just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mom of 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2013, 06:55 PM

Pegmeg777 has posted more than 200 great deals!Pegmeg777 has posted more than 200 great deals!Pegmeg777 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfayeee View Post
I work for Kroger and there is no limit to how many you can have. You can also link them all together, or keep them separate. Doesn't matter. (:
Hi there, can you give me a clue why I don't get the Kroger mail coupons anymore? I got a few sets when I first moved to AZ and got Fry's cards, before using a lot of coupons, now nothing.

My mother who uses very few coupons still receives them after 5 yrs shopping at Smiths.

I don't think I ever got them from King Soopers in CO.

It doesn't seem fair to customers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pegmeg777 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
Bfayeee has posted more than 100 good deals!Bfayeee has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegmeg777

Hi there, can you give me a clue why I don't get the Kroger mail coupons anymore? I got a few sets when I first moved to AZ and got Fry's cards, before using a lot of coupons, now nothing.

My mother who uses very few coupons still receives them after 5 yrs shopping at Smiths.

I don't think I ever got them from King Soopers in CO.

It doesn't seem fair to customers.
Call 1-800-Krogers and get it set back up. For some reason quite a few people just stopped getting them and we figured out that you could call and have it set back up....

Not sure what happened. :/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bfayeee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 PM

Pegmeg777 has posted more than 200 great deals!Pegmeg777 has posted more than 200 great deals!Pegmeg777 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Call 1-800-Krogers and get it set back up. For some reason quite a few people just stopped getting them and we figured out that you could call and have it set back up....

Thank you SO much! I'll call.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:59 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't care about the gas points since my Kroger doesn't sell gas and you only get .10 off at Shell. BUT, I do care about the rewards checks. In this area we earn rewards based on how much you spend during a 3 month period - I've gotten checks back for as much as $25 in the past, I wouldn't want to risk losing any of those rewards since I like to use them as a competitor coupon at Harris Teeter.

I've heard a cashier tell a lady in front of me in line that she could go to CS and get a new card and they would transfer everything over from her old acct since she had lost her card.
Harris Teeter!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
I don't care about the gas points since my Kroger doesn't sell gas and you only get .10 off at Shell. BUT, I do care about the rewards checks. In this area we earn rewards based on how much you spend during a 3 month period - I've gotten checks back for as much as $25 in the past, I wouldn't want to risk losing any of those rewards since I like to use them as a competitor coupon at Harris Teeter.

I've heard a cashier tell a lady in front of me in line that she could go to CS and get a new card and they would transfer everything over from her old acct since she had lost her card.
huh, never heard about reward checks before, is this only done in certain states?
Old 01-10-2013, 06:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegmeg777

huh, never heard about reward checks before, is this only done in certain states?
In TN the rewards checks are only given to those that have the Kroger Credit card. You get points based on how much you spend and where you spend it, then every period rewards checks are sent out based off those points.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bfayeee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 11:05 AM

Lift while you climb

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
not related to the original question, but if you lose your card you can just use your phone number (enter it as alternate ID). I haven't had my physical card for at least 6 years and everything gets counted/credited with my phone number.

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

The Following User Says Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tratra View Post
not related to the original question, but if you lose your card you can just use your phone number (enter it as alternate ID). I haven't had my physical card for at least 6 years and everything gets counted/credited with my phone number.
except, if you lose your card and someone finds it they can use your gas points anytime they want until you get a new card, just something to think about.

I lost my card when it had .50 off a gallon, I got a new card that same day and they transfered the gas points to the new card.

Also, we always take two cars to fill up, because you can use up to 35 gallons when you use your points. Hope that makes sense , I'm tired.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
In TN the rewards checks are only given to those that have the Kroger Credit card. You get points based on how much you spend and where you spend it, then every period rewards checks are sent out based off those points.
Oh now I understand, thanks for explaining.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:09 PM

Lift while you climb

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegmeg777 View Post
except, if you lose your card and someone finds it they can use your gas points anytime they want until you get a new card, just something to think about.

I lost my card when it had .50 off a gallon, I got a new card that same day and they transfered the gas points to the new card.

Also, we always take two cars to fill up, because you can use up to 35 gallons when you use your points. Hope that makes sense , I'm tired.
That's true. Couldn't they still use your points at any time just by putting in your phone number, without needing to have a physical card?

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

The Following User Says Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tratra View Post
That's true. Couldn't they still use your points at any time just by putting in your phone number, without needing to have a physical card?
yes, if someone hears or knows your phone number, they could use your gas points, until you get a new card. heads up people
Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
MooMooMoo has posted more than 100 good deals!MooMooMoo has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:

I had never gotten coupons in the mail, after being a shopper and card user exclusively at Dillons for probably 20 years. When I finally called, less than a year ago, they said there was nothing to set up for. As long as my address, etc. was correct, there wasn't any way for them to put me on a list, because there wasn't one. However, after calling, I almost immediately began getting coupons in the mail and have ever since. My husband has too, on his separate card, although I didn't mention him or his card when I called. Interesting, eh?

Oddly, I was getting regular emails, like the ad every week, etc. and those suddenly stopped. I guess it's one or the other, but not both!

Oh, yeah, about my husband's card - he has his own, because we both signed up by accident all those years ago and never fretted about it. He doesn't shop enough to add up to any significant fuel points! And he shouldn't qualify for the minimum shopping levels - according to some of the posts above - to get coupons, but he does (after I called). I just snag his coupons when they come in the mail - it is interesting how different they are from mine, since I do the huge majority of household grocery shopping.
The Following User Says Thank You to MooMooMoo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
MooMooMoo has posted more than 100 good deals!MooMooMoo has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegmeg777 View Post
yes, if someone hears or knows your phone number, they could use your gas points, until you get a new card. heads up people
Getting a new card won't make any difference. Maybe changing your phone number would.
The Following User Says Thank You to MooMooMoo For This Useful Post: