The Price Of Butter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 06:35 AM
trying to take a week off... right....
Penny Pinching Pirate

My Mood/Status:
mjzzyzoff has posted more than 200 great deals!mjzzyzoff has posted more than 200 great deals!mjzzyzoff has posted more than 200 great deals!
the price of butter

I went into shock the other day in Kroger when they had a display touting the 'new low price!' of Land O Lakes butter - $5.xx a lb.!!!!

My butter stock up price used to be $2.00/lb or under, but I've been waiting for a long time and haven't seen it dip that low, store brand or national brand (I don't care which, butter is butter!). This week Krogers Mega has LOL working out (with qs) to $2.29/lb. but I'm wondering if it will drop any more for the holiday baking season. Anyone have any ideas? I ordered qs as I only had a couple and wanted to stock up and the original post on here said it worked out to $1.89/lb. which made me ecstatic! However there was a math error. That'll teach me to trust you AFCers

Anyhow, thoughts? Will it come down? Is there a cheaper place to buy? I got it once at Sam's Club in a four lb. package that worked out cheaper but it was solid 1-lb. blocks and a PITA to cut. I'd prefer the sticks and I'll pay slightly more for that convenience, plus I don't have a Sam's membership anymore.

Inflation rocks.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mjzzyzoff For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:38 AM

RE: the price of butter

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisy319 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I see you're in Ohio and I am as well in the Mt. Vernon area. Our Aldi has butter for $1.99 this week. I went in and bought 10. Butter freezes well. I'm wondering whether I should have bought more...because that's a very good price.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:52 AM

Penny Pinching Pirate

My Mood/Status:
mjzzyzoff has posted more than 200 great deals!mjzzyzoff has posted more than 200 great deals!mjzzyzoff has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy319 View Post
I see you're in Ohio and I am as well in the Mt. Vernon area. Our Aldi has butter for $1.99 this week. I went in and bought 10. Butter freezes well. I'm wondering whether I should have bought more...because that's a very good price.
Oh wow, that is a good price! I usually freeze butter too, although it keeps a long time in the fridge as well. For the holidays I'll leave a bunch in the fridge so it's convenient and softens quicker.

I knew I shouldn't have bought those qs!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mjzzyzoff For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 06:57 AM

Coupon Loving Mom!!
Loves Trading Coupons with Everyone :) !!!

My Mood/Status:
MelindaD has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!MelindaD has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!MelindaD has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!MelindaD has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!MelindaD has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!MelindaD has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!MelindaD has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!MelindaD has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!MelindaD has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!MelindaD has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!MelindaD has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Yep aldis is $1.99 a pound and so is save a lot.. I got about 10 yesterday between the 2 stores (aldi's only had a few left).

I am thinking of getting some more packages as I can't stand spending that much for butter and we use a TON of it..

Lady
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tramp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Angel
Primrose
and 2 guinea pigs!!

I shop at Kroger, Meijer, Giant Eagle, Aldis and Carnival
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MelindaD For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:16 AM

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm going to Aldi's to stock up on the $1.99lb price and tossing all of it in the freezer. I have not seen a better price yet!
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:18 AM

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Oooh - just found "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" q's on coupons.com if you're interested. No zip code and they popped up on the first page.
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:29 AM

My Mood/Status:
vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just saw those, too! And ICBINB is part of the mega, too!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vabreadbaker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 AM

Lift while you climb
Aldi Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjzzyzoff View Post
My butter stock up price used to be $2.00/lb or under, but I've been waiting for a long time and haven't seen it dip that low, store brand or national brand (I don't care which, butter is butter!). This week Krogers Mega has LOL working out (with qs) to $2.29/lb. but I'm wondering if it will drop any more for the holiday baking season. Anyone have any ideas? I ordered qs as I only had a couple and wanted to stock up and the original post on here said it worked out to $1.89/lb. which made me ecstatic! However there was a math error. That'll teach me to trust you AFCers
I'm sorry to have caused disappointment with my math error on that deal. I corrected it as soon as you posted in the other thread. If you find any others, please point them out. I'd like to have the right figures posted. Thx.

I expect the prices to keep going up even with the holidays coming. Dairy has been heading higher in the past 9 months here. Cream cheese that used to be $1.50 or so regular price is now $2.20. Remember when they had it for $.99, or sometimes less, on sale? Same thing with cheese. $2 a 6-8 oz package of store-brand shredded is a good price now. They've also decreased the amounts in the packages while keeping the price the same or raising it. Eggs from the store...rarely do they go below $1 now. Regular price here is between $1.50 and $1.75. I'm going to stock up on butter at Aldi. At 2 bucks, it's an even better deal than at Costco.

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Last edited by tratra; 11-04-2011 at 07:50 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:54 AM

Penny Pinching Pirate

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tratra View Post
I'm sorry to have caused disappointment with my math error on that deal. I corrected it as soon as you posted in the other thread. If you find any others, please point them out. I'd like to have the right figures posted. Thx.
No problem I only paid $1.49 shipped for the qs, and who knows, maybe a dealie will come along Honestly I thought $1.89 sounded too good to be true!
The Following User Says Thank You to mjzzyzoff For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:59 AM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
In September on Labor Day, Challenge Butter was on sale at Kroger for $2.00/lb. Even without Q's I stocked up at that price wondering if it was the right decision.
I ad-matched to WalMart and got 40# of Butter then and stuck it in the Freezer.

Only now, do I realize my gut was correct.
When in a pinch, Butter is still $2.50/lb if you buy a 4#pkg of cubes at Costco.
Kirkland Brand.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Happiness is...puppy kisses x2!

My Mood/Status:
StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!StLouisClipper has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
$1.99 at Aldi is the best price around here, beating Sam's Club and Costco. I often have butter in the freezer and it does just fine, so I'll be stocking up some more too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StLouisClipper For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:38 AM

life in the fast lane...

My Mood/Status:
lizajanesteele has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lizajanesteele has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lizajanesteele has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lizajanesteele has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lizajanesteele has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lizajanesteele has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lizajanesteele has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lizajanesteele has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lizajanesteele has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lizajanesteele has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lizajanesteele has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
At the "new low price" you'd be better off buying organic! And gotta say that once again, Kroger is raising prices and then advertising it as a "new low price"...which I find extremely annoying. But I've been finding even organic butter at 2.99/lb here in DFW...so I'd think the 5.xx for LOL is extremely high! If you have Albertsons, they still d/t up to 4 like q's here, and they always put LOL on sale before the holidays. With Q's you will definitely get it for under $2/lb. HTH
, WAY over-scheduled!
~~~~~

Mom to sweet & sassy 6 yo DD
, 8 yo DS
, 9 1/2 yo DS
, 10 1/2 yo DS
, & married to hardworking DH who wants us to
enough so he can have a break from
and get his license to
!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizajanesteele For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hey, Z and G's Mom, can you ask Aldi's to build a store down here? The closest one is over 50 miles away and I keep reading about their great deals! We have Sam's Club, but no Costco.

Last edited by vabreadbaker; 11-04-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:03 AM

night owl :)

My Mood/Status:
sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sugarloaf10 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I was going to say Aldi has a great price on butter this week too. I bought 20lbs!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4 (NIV)
Old 11-05-2011, 04:39 PM

amanyk has posted more than 25 good deals
My Kroger has the Land O Lakes butter for $2.49 in the ad and I have $1 off one blinkies!! Yay for $1.49 per pound!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amanyk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2011, 12:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
Mrs.McSteph has posted more than 100 good deals!Mrs.McSteph has posted more than 100 good deals!
Oooh, glad to see that butter freezes well! I bout several pounds of butter from Kroger a few weeks back when they had Kroger brand and LOL for like $2 or $2.50lb (separate weeks) and I picked up a couple last week from Aldi as well and was thinking about picking up some more since it's the lowest price I've seen! I definitely will now that I know it freezes well! Butter is getting pretty expensive and I know I'll go through quite a bit of it with holiday baking in addition to our normal use.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
Omadison has posted more than 200 great deals!Omadison has posted more than 200 great deals!Omadison has posted more than 200 great deals!
Paying $1.49/lb here too during the Mega sale. The LOL butter has 30/1 peelies on them and our store counts all coupons under $1 worth $1. $1.49 is the lowest I've paid in many months. Gone are the days of free butter, I'm afraid.
The Following User Says Thank You to Omadison For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2011, 03:10 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
DG had $.50 tearpads on 15oz of Country Crock used it at Walmart on Light flavor paid only $1.49

"Live, love, laugh, be happy!"
Old 11-06-2011, 04:59 PM

cherylrc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cherylrc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cherylrc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cherylrc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cherylrc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cherylrc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cherylrc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cherylrc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cherylrc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cherylrc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cherylrc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for the info on freezing butter. I too purchased some at Aldi this week but I'll get some more now that I know it will freeze. Does the consistency stay the same after it's thawed?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
ShakeMyMoneyMaker has posted more than 200 great deals!ShakeMyMoneyMaker has posted more than 200 great deals!ShakeMyMoneyMaker has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjzzyzoff View Post
No problem I only paid $1.49 shipped for the qs, and who knows, maybe a dealie will come along Honestly I thought $1.89 sounded too good to be true!
My kroger has the LOL for $2.49 so after Q its $1.99

Old 11-06-2011, 07:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
Omadison has posted more than 200 great deals!Omadison has posted more than 200 great deals!Omadison has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylrc View Post
Thanks for the info on freezing butter. I too purchased some at Aldi this week but I'll get some more now that I know it will freeze. Does the consistency stay the same after it's thawed?
Butter freezes very well, no change in consistency. I do put mine in freezer bags to avoid taking on other freezer odors/tastes.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:30 PM

jimmyandrobin has posted more than 150 good deals!jimmyandrobin has posted more than 150 good deals!
I have some LOL q's for margarine. Will these work for butter as well?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:01 AM

Lift while you climb
Aldi Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
no, just margarine

DELTA region for Kroger stores
Old 11-07-2011, 12:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
If you're not brand loyal, Food Lion has their butter $3.19, BOGO, making each $1.60. This sale ends Tuesday (tomorrow).
The Following User Says Thank You to vabreadbaker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 10:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
kjenne08 has posted more than 200 great deals!kjenne08 has posted more than 200 great deals!kjenne08 has posted more than 200 great deals!
i will be getting the LOL for 1.89 after mega and $1/1 q's i ordered!!! glad i got 20 of them holiday baking....here i come
The Following User Says Thank You to kjenne08 For This Useful Post: