Kroger Gift Cards And Fuel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 07:43 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
tracy8338 has posted more than 50 good deals
Kroger gift cards and fuel

While I was pumping gas I noticed a sign that says" earn double points with qualifying gift card purchases" ok so foes that mean I can buy a$ 100 gift card then turn around and spend it? Does anyone know which is correct?

$100 gc purchase= 100 pt.
Spending gc= 100 pt.

Or

$100 gc purchase= 200 pt
Spending gc= another 100 pt.

Which is correct??? I can really rack up on $ off my gas either way. But I asked 2 different cashiers and they were so confused !
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:12 AM

RE: Kroger gift cards and fuel

My Mood/Status:
NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
At my store it's the second scenerio, except this week it's 4xs the value.

$100 gift card = 400 fuel point

Edited to add: I buy the Master card or Visa non-reloadable gift card for these points and then use it to buy groceries......

Last edited by NORTNEY; 06-15-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
ohio28ford has posted more than 50 good deals
If you are thinking about buying Kroger gift cards and getting the points it will not work they are excluded from the fuel points
"Excludes Kroger Co. Family of Stores gift cards, Green Dot prepaid reloadable products, MoneyPaks and 1-2-3 REWARDS® Reloadable Visa® Prepaid Debit Card and ReCharge Card, American Express Variable Load, Visa Variable Load, and MasterCard Variable Load gift cards."
You will only get the points when you spend and pay with the GC.

Last edited by ohio28ford; 06-15-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-15-2011, 01:32 PM

spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Neither is correct.

Buying a $100 Kroger gc = 0 fuel points
Using $100 Kroger gc = 100 fuel pionts

Kroger gift cards do not count toward fuel points. Nor do prepaid phone cards, visa cards, etc.

The cards that will earn you the points are the cards to others stores... Staples, McDonald's, Bass Pro Shops, restaurants, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to spencerquartet For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 03:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
Dang. Mixed answers. Guess stores vary maybe ?? I understand Kroger store doesn't count in points but does anyone else know about prepaid cards?
Old 06-15-2011, 07:42 PM

spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!spencerquartet has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
From the Kroger site:
Quote:
** Gift Card Double Points Criteria and Frequently Asked Questions:

Includes:
• One Stop Gift Card Shop
• Telecom & iTunes

Excludes:
• Kroger Banner Gift Cards
• The Wishes line Gift Cards
• Green Dot Prepaid Reloadable Products & MoneyPaks
• Western Union Prepaid Cards

Gift Card Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Will I get my points on Kroger Banner Gift Card?
A. Yes, When it is spent.

Kroger Banner Gift Card Purchases are Excluded from Fuel Reward Points. However, Fuel Reward Points are applied at the time of Redemption. The Person who Redeems the Kroger Banner Gift Card receives The Fuel Reward Points. This eliminates earning points twice on the same purchase.
HTH

Last edited by spencerquartet; 06-15-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to tracy8338 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 05:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Swtogirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
They were supposed to be have 4x fuel points and 2x phone minutes (I have a cell phone from the Kroger brand, iwireless). When I bought $50 in GC (IHOP and McD's), I did not get quadruple the fuel points, so watch out. My order was over $100 with the GCs (I was doing one of those trips where you buy mainly produce, etc. that doesn't have any coupons) and I should have gotten 58 pts + 200 pts. I got 108. I had to go to CS to get it straightened out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I think I have a coupon for that!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.